Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,004 members, 7,810,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General (62936 Views)

Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase / Army, Police Personnel Clash In Zamfara Camp As Major Brutalises Police / PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by orunto27: 8:53am On Dec 11, 2019
enemybulldozer:
Is this really coming from punch?? Wonders shall never end!

New Nigerian Newspaper will soon report in like fashion.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by mabea: 8:54am On Dec 11, 2019
Charleys:
Sometimes General buhari makes me to believe Nnamdi Kanu and it pains me
Pains you? Then you hate the truth

3 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by kilisi(m): 8:54am On Dec 11, 2019
kokomilala:
There are many tragedies that gnaw the soul of Nigeria. Buhari is the most searing of these tragedies. And this puts him on the pedestal of failures of history.
In 1983,he sacked a democratically elected government of Shagari and plunged the country into an abyss of recession, following hard on the heels of Shagari's Austerity Measures. His action spurred another disaster of history- IBB.This decay and democratic rape of Nigerians went on till 1999 when democracy returned.
Not done with his failures, he came back in 2015 and exhumed the corpses of the dark days of his grotesque military order.

I like your writing style as well as your line of thought.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by ajebuter(f): 8:55am On Dec 11, 2019
hypertension:
Buhari is the best president ever. He has integrity and is not corrupt.

Buhari pls continue your good works and thank you for millions of jobs you've created for ur citizens

We wish u third term...No devil can stop it..our love for u will continue no matter what the corrupt punchng.com says

Sai baba...

grin grin grin let me sound like a zombie today grin grin grin

Come make I konk your coconut head!

grin grin grin
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by frank034: 8:57am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

https://punchng.com/buharis-lawlessness-our-stand/

Because his victimization is now spreading to the other sides of the country.
When it was only igbos no one cared.

2 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by orunto27: 8:58am On Dec 11, 2019
PDJT:
-Muhammadu Buhari, devil’s punishment on the so-called Nigeria.

We are now Repenting and God is hearing us and forgiving us right now.

2 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Mekzico(m): 8:59am On Dec 11, 2019
Suddenly, PUNCH woke from slumber. I wish other media houses and bodies wake from their sleep too.
God bless Nigeria!
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Tulsaguy: 9:00am On Dec 11, 2019
I won't be surprised if by this time tomorrow, DSS, NG Army, Police, Navy, Air force, Civil defense Corps besiege Punch offices nationwide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by mabea: 9:00am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

If Goodluck Jonathan performed Nigerians would have not seen Buhari as an alternative. All he needed to do what provide world class roads,portable water,24 hour electricity. It is not rocket science, other African countries like Botswana and Namibia are doing it.
Going by your logic, did Buhari perform in his first tenure that he got a second tenure?

4 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by owunabastard: 9:01am On Dec 11, 2019
Are you new in this country? Election is simply rigged, once you give a Nigerian politician a chance to win the first election, he must rigged himself back to second tenure, if he really wants to
2Odds101:
My question is always....why was Buhari re-voted in..let's assume GEJ caused the first one.but you guys re-voted him the second time.

Secondly don't be deceived by those propaganda that was written against him then,the looting is worst now..you have zero clew to what is presently going on..

Please you guys should wake up to see the people that was against him never wanted the country to be good..somebody that supported corruption wouldn't introduce BVN and TSA to curb same corruption...

Nigerians intensionally chosed mediocrity over reality.Presently boko haram is superlatively worst.nobody is saying a shit about that..

Tribalism is the sole cause of our problem:please leave Jonathan out of your predicament
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by ajebuter(f): 9:02am On Dec 11, 2019
Wow!

This is very commendable..

Although Punch contributed to the emergence of this tyrant, yet I commend them for retracing their steps and speaking against oppression, tyranny, and impunity of General Buhari..

Kudos!

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by 2Odds101(f): 9:02am On Dec 11, 2019
Great2017:
Buhari was never an option. I will advise that sentiment should be shoved aside.
thank you....Then I do ask people around me...am always like:if una say Jonathan no good,na only buhari una see to replace am??

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by orunto27: 9:03am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

'As a symbolic demonstration of our protest against autocracy and military-style repression, PUNCH (all our print newspapers, The PUNCH, Saturday PUNCH, Sunday PUNCH, PUNCH Sports Extra, and digital platforms, most especially Punchng.com) will henceforth prefix Buhari’s name with his rank as a military dictator in the 80s, Major General, and refer to his administration as a regime, until they purge themselves of their insufferable contempt for the rule of law.'

Supported.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by mabea: 9:04am On Dec 11, 2019
With this PUNCH newspaper should be awarded with the 'news paper of the decade'
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by mrpackager(m): 9:04am On Dec 11, 2019
The fact that we still haven't gotten an explanation as to why sowore was rearrested still baffles me.

2 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Okoroawusa: 9:05am On Dec 11, 2019
I Love PMB

If you don't that is your cup of tea
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by enemybulldozer(m): 9:06am On Dec 11, 2019
ScotMisile:

This same people that seriously campaigned for him
That's why am surprised.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by 2Odds101(f): 9:07am On Dec 11, 2019
owunabastard:
Are you new in this country? Election is simply rigged, once you give a Nigerian politician a chance to win the first election, he must rigged himself back to second tenure, if he really wants to
Okay...Jonathan presented you guys a chance to pick between light and darkness ,y'all choose darkness instead for religious and tribal reasons..
No reasonable person on earth would ever see buhari to be a messiah..Every of you failed to see what was actually wrong in his government ,because he is not from a preferred region..

Wetin funny pass na wen them come out with news say him(Jonathan) na ogogoro drinker.

3 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by orunto27: 9:07am On Dec 11, 2019
THANK YOU NAIRALAND FOR REPORTING.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Tulsaguy: 9:07am On Dec 11, 2019
mkoabiola:
Worth reading and digesting.

But u think buhari will av time ti read this epistle

Buhari will never change ..no Mather d editorial

He care less about what Nigerians say or write.

Gen. Mollar Bokoraim doesn't know how to read.

He only reads cartoon.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by vineyardfarms: 9:08am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

'As a symbolic demonstration of our protest against autocracy and military-style repression, PUNCH (all our print newspapers, The PUNCH, Saturday PUNCH, Sunday PUNCH, PUNCH Sports Extra, and digital platforms, most especially Punchng.com) will henceforth prefix Buhari’s name with his rank as a military dictator in the 80s, Major General, and refer to his administration as a regime, until they purge themselves of their insufferable contempt for the rule of law.'
WAHOOOOO, I CAN HEAR PIN DROP

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by jaxxy(m): 9:08am On Dec 11, 2019
Awol1:
Damn!

What a gut displayed by PUNCH.

History will remember you right for being the first media outfit to stand up against this tyranny and call it by it's name.

I hope Sun, Vanguard, Thisday, Leadership, Premium Times, Channels, AIT, and all media outfit will follow suit.

But as regards Sowore, he is on his own. He's a big fool being punished by Karma. He worked against GEJ for Buhari. Let him enjoy the saviour he heralded.

Now, you would wanna question why I can't get past 2015, it's simple. GEJ ran a government of vision with short, medium and long term visions backed by measurable policies.

I never benefitted from his govt nor do I have anyone who did but Nigeria was moving in the right direction. All indices were pointing positive.

But Sowore chose to amplify little pitfalls and made look gigantic. Let him enjoy.

On another note however, I really wanna understand the God or whatever GEJ is serving...

Dude moved from lecturing to Deputy Governor.

Something happened to the Governor, he became Governor.

Then he became Vice president.

Something happened to the president and he became president.

Now, all those who worked against him have tested a pill of their own..

Atiku
Saraki
Kwankwaso
Dino Melaye
Many of them.

Really, who is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?

Goodluck Nearly destroyed this country with grand corruption at all government levels. Let’s be objective and stop the overhype or else we are equally zombies like those supporting Buhari now. Yes he’s better than Buhari in many areas bt was still a major problem for the country. That is why a lot of Nigerians cudnt support his government.

The objective Nigerians who are nobodys zombies, who address issues and not persons are the most misunderstood people. Like Sowore, Wole Soyinka even obasanjo. Let’s us speak for the right things no matter who it may concern.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by masseratti: 9:10am On Dec 11, 2019
2Odds101:
why will somebody with GOD given brain think Buhari is a Messiah ..Sowore is very stupid for thinking that..

On what basis was he projecting Buhari to be a messiah to the public....I remember 2015 my famous statement was: IF UNA SAY JONATHAN NO GOOD,NA BUHARI UNA CHOOSE..
how would the populace know he is this bad if they don't give him a try?Gej was bad Buhari is worse, we must not feel sentimental to bad leaders until we get the good ones.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by LabDNA: 9:11am On Dec 11, 2019
In 2015, we warned, we shouted, we begged, telling Nigerians that this man is tyrant, a wolf who will suspend the constitution or even disregard it.
He will attempt to take away your freedom to even think, talkless of speech. His antecedents speak volume. But adamant Nigerians who were bent on commiting electoral suicide called us wailers, haters etc. including some of these newspapers and journalists.

How come some of them hardly have any foresight? I mean you didn't need to be too intelligent to predict what a second buhari regime would look like.

I have condenmed buhari, let those who installed him with online support, paid publicities and online perception control mechanism remove him.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by masseratti: 9:12am On Dec 11, 2019
jaxxy:

Goodluck Nearly destroyed this country with grand corruption at all government levels. Let’s be objective and stop the overhype or else we are equally zombies like those supporting Buhari now. Yes he’s better than Buhari in many areas bt was still a major problem for the country. That is why a lot of Nigerians cudnt support his government.

The objective Nigerians who are nobodys zombies, who address issues and not persons are the most misunderstood people. Like Sowore, Wole Soyinka even obasanjo. Let’s us speak for the right things no matter who it may concern.
the wailers and the Zombies don't know that majority of Nigerians are objective.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by orunto27: 9:12am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Modern day Pharoah sent to bring oppression,poverty and fantastical corruption.

Prophetic Post. He is in Egypt right now as we are talking.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by phemy36(m): 9:13am On Dec 11, 2019
fk001:
Rubish.

If there will be another election tomorrow I promise you Buhari will win again and again

Yesterday, it was Fowler that was replaced with the speed of light with a Fulani lord. Next, is the replacement of Banire of AMCON by another Futa Jalon lord.

Interestingly, the Southern Amajiris, who confuse certificate education for real knowledge of the Nigerian societal happenings are contaminating the cyberspace with all manner of pontifications to explain the rightness that undertones the relieving of the ex FIRS boss. The more interesting side is that the justification is coming from the southern youthful cyber bandits who mirror themselves as educated.

You can defend for all you like. The political boss you're trying to please has his children schooling abroad and if they ever return, they'll occupy the pinch of space that the Mafias will manageably cede to the Southern hemisphere and your circle of servant hood continues till another election year when you'll be useful in getting their children back to the leadership stool..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by orunto27: 9:16am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Modern day Pharoah sent to bring oppression,poverty and fantastical corruption.

He is a PRESPIONAGE.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by madridsta007(m): 9:16am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

https://punchng.com/buharis-lawlessness-our-stand/

Major General Buhari Rtd.
Well-done Punch.
Tinubu has activated his assets finally.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by madridsta007(m): 9:18am On Dec 11, 2019
[s][quote author=jaxxy post=84815386]

The objective Nigerians who are nobodys zombies, who address issues and not persons are the most misunderstood people. Like Sowore, Wole Soyinka even obasanjo. Let’s us speak for the right things no matter who it may concern. [/quot[/s]

Stop with the lies.

4 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by 2Odds101(f): 9:18am On Dec 11, 2019
masseratti:
how would the populace know he is this bad if they don't give him a try?Gej was bad Buhari is worse, we must not feel sentimental to bad leaders until we get the good ones.

GEJ wasn't bad.he shouldn't be even compared to buhari..propaganda coupled with tribal hatred made him looked bad..You guys called him so many names for reasons best known to you.

Secondly on what basis were you guys trying buhari,after all the disgusting staments he made when he lost 2011 elections..how will you think a religious and tribal bigot immediately transformed to an angel within 4years...

Now that the looting and killings are worst everybody is scared to say a shit about that..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by emkz: 9:18am On Dec 11, 2019
I am so happy to read this!

Punch has shown the way. Let other newspapers, TV channels, online media and the blogosphere adopt measures to put pressure on Major-General Buhari to succumb.

Imagine if all news media decide to stop reporting all Buhari's and presidency's activities for one month (minus the retrogressive NTA). In any case, who still watches NTA since the dearth of eminent Presidential reporters like Chris Ngwu, Shola Atere, Emma Ukondo and Mohammed Labo. Imagine Garba Shehu pays money for the Presidency to receive media coverage and it is rejected. Imagine if the time allocated to Buhari by TV news channels is allocated to reporting the travails of Sowore. Imagine if all the media channels move against Major General Buhari giving him a media-freeze. He might proscribe them and subject himself to international sanctions. Imagine traveller Buhari is subsequently banned from being invited to conferences in Egypt, Chad, Uzbekistan, Russia, United States and United Nations. Imagine if Tourist Buhari is banned from medical treatment in the United Kingdom. Imagine of Nigeria's oil is sanctioned because of abuse of fundamental human rights.

Let Buhari receive a media freeze and let me see how much of a hardliner he thinks he is. Governance everywhere is difficult. We, Nigerians, make it easy for Buhari. The media is now showing us the way.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nicolas Felix: Tinubu Ignored Me After Stepping Down For Osinbajo / Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra / Troops Kill Boko Haram Fighters During Battle In Babangida; Yobe (Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.