Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,099 members, 7,811,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General (62940 Views)

Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase / Army, Police Personnel Clash In Zamfara Camp As Major Brutalises Police / PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by LabDNA: 9:20am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Goodluck Jonathan is responsible for Buhari coming to power. Instead of him to provide good governance he allowed free for all looting that almost bankrupted the country.

The antelope who blames the goat for getting its child eaten by the lion.

3 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by AdesegunSanni89: 9:20am On Dec 11, 2019
FvCK Punch newspaper. And if you are with punch on this, then FVCK you too. You all Basterds keep shouting about Human rights but never talk about human responsibilities. If you are not responsible as a human being, then you get no human rights.

3 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Ayed44: 9:21am On Dec 11, 2019
Good one from Punch newspaper.

But expect a deadly clampdown on Punch newspaper soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by CSTR2: 9:23am On Dec 11, 2019
I hope punch has paid all their taxes.

Because General buhari will come after them with anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by 2Odds101(f): 9:25am On Dec 11, 2019
jaxxy:

Goodluck Nearly destroyed this country with grand corruption at all government levels. Let’s be objective and stop the overhype or else we are equally zombies like those supporting Buhari now. Yes he’s better than Buhari in many areas bt was still a major problem for the country. That is why a lot of Nigerians cudnt support his government.

The objective Nigerians who are nobodys zombies, who address issues and not persons are the most misunderstood people. Like Sowore, Wole Soyinka even obasanjo. Let’s us speak for the right things no matter who it may concern.
The Nigerians that didn't support Jonathan were SOUTH WEST TO ALL NOTHERN REGION OF NIGERIA.for tribal reasons .
The subsidy of over 64billion that's been paid now wouldn't destroy Nigeria?...they say when you don't know the cause of your problem,there's no solution...Nigeria,we are the cause of our problem....we are tribalist we just pretend not to know.

2 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Born2Breed(f): 9:25am On Dec 11, 2019
Buhari is doing what he knows best... Next levels... grin
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by richieray: 9:28am On Dec 11, 2019
In the eyes of the presidency,they will consider this a brickbat,they will continue to feed the president's ego, assuring him that all his well.It is very obvious that the president has no good adviser, perhaps he's the one who's overbearingly opinionated about what he thinks is right.

Truth be told,The country has been ran aground, perhaps with this their style of rulership,they think they will command respect from the masses,Alas, people are wiser now.

I will advise the presidency to soften it pedals,So much can still be done to redeem their image.so I watched a video where falana mentioned how some men in buhari's cabinet met with sowore,they want him to cower so they can release him.

It shows in their deepest of heart,they know what is right from wrong.They are doing badly at the same time they want us to see all of it as being right.

All of them are suffering from hubris power.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by bezimo(m): 9:29am On Dec 11, 2019
Finally the press is reacting to the tyranic nonsense oppressive rule of the bastard bingohari.
Vanguard..thisday..Tribune. .all of them shold condemn the nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by buildx: 9:30am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

https://punchng.com/buharis-lawlessness-our-stand/

'As a symbolic demonstration of our protest against autocracy and military-style repression, PUNCH (all our print newspapers, The PUNCH, Saturday PUNCH, Sunday PUNCH, PUNCH Sports Extra, and digital platforms, most especially Punchng.com) will henceforth prefix Buhari’s name with his rank as a military dictator in the 80s, Major General, and refer to his administration as a regime, until they purge themselves of their insufferable contempt for the rule of law.'

This is so unbelievable. PUNCH that everyone thinks its compromise finally speaking for the people. wow Amazing.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by bezimo(m): 9:31am On Dec 11, 2019
Awol1:
Damn!

What a gut displayed by PUNCH.

History will remember you right for being the first media outfit to stand up against this tyranny and call it by it's name.

I hope Sun, Vanguard, Thisday, Leadership, Premium Times, Channels, AIT, and all media outfit will follow suit.

But as regards Sowore, he is on his own. He's a big fool being punished by Karma. He worked against GEJ for Buhari. Let him enjoy the saviour he heralded.

Now, you would wanna question why I can't get past 2015, it's simple. GEJ ran a government of vision with short, medium and long term visions backed by measurable policies.

I never benefitted from his govt nor do I have anyone who did but Nigeria was moving in the right direction. All indices were pointing positive.

But Sowore chose to amplify little pitfalls and made look gigantic. Let him enjoy.

On another note however, I really wanna understand the God or whatever GEJ is serving...

Dude moved from lecturing to Deputy Governor.

Something happened to the Governor, he became Governor.

Then he became Vice president.

Something happened to the president and he became president.

Now, all those who worked against him have tested a pill of their own..

Atiku
Saraki
Kwankwaso
Dino Melaye
Many of them.

Really, who is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?

that's if they have not been bought..
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by VULCAN(m): 9:32am On Dec 11, 2019
I think you need to tell yourself the Truth because the fantasy you paint about Sowore is a bit ridiculous.

The most corrupt human being in the entire South West Nigeria is Tinubu.

How come Sowore has not unearthed a single thing about Tinubu's source of immense wealth?

Sahara Reporters completely ignored Tinubu in all their investigative journalism. How could that be possible?

A few weeks to 2015 election there was a list of property purportedly owned by Tinubu that was released. No one knows who released it but it wasn't SR.

My brother, pls wake up.

There is/was a pact between both men and such pacts usually operate with economic benefits to the lesser person.

Having said this I do not support Buhari trampling on the human rights of Sowore

etrange:

Can we just stop this? Sowore is a citizen just like you and I, and as such, had the right to support any government. He's got the right to his views He felt GEJ wasn't doing great (contrary to your view) and he spoke against him. He feels this government is doing worse and he rose against it too. Isn't this how it's supposed to be? The real problem is when we get so much attached to a leader to the point where anyone that has a contrary opinion becomes an enemy.

Nothing justifies what he's going through now. And even if you feel he should rot in hell for working against your prefered government, you must understand that speaking up against his ordeal is not solely for him but for the future of our country.

Good morning.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by orunto27: 9:33am On Dec 11, 2019
clarocuzioo:
I am so much in love with this. This is how it is supposed to be. Evil triumph where men of good will keep quiet and do nothing.
once a tyrant always a tyrant.
Once a dictator, always a dictator,
A leopard cannot change its spot.
It's good Punch called a spade a spade and not a farm tool.

Let Tinubu and The Nation newspaper keep showing cowardice, painting this disaster of a government white.

Punch for this singluar action of yours,you forever have my respect.

If we speak we die, if we don't speak we die, so let's us all speak and die.

MAJOR GENERAL MUHAMMED BUHARI

We command Satan to Return to Hell. The Righteous will not die IJN AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:34am On Dec 11, 2019
CharlotteFlair:
Nigerians never had it so good under dumbo.
also under OBJ and Babangida
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by masseratti: 9:35am On Dec 11, 2019
2Odds101:

GEJ wasn't bad.he shouldn't be even compared to buhari..propaganda coupled with tribal hatred made him looked bad..You guys called him so many names for reasons best known to you.

Secondly on what basis were you guys trying buhari,after all the disgusting staments he made when he lost 2011 elections..how will you think a religious and tribal bigot immediately transformed to an angel within 4years...

Now that the looting and killings is worst everybody is scared to say a shit about that..

Gej was as bad as bad is, I was closer to his government than I am to buhari's government, the wanton looting during Gej period was epic, we could see it everywhere, maybe those in PMB are smarter in concealing their loot, lets call a spade a spade and stop been sentimental about it, nobody journalist fought for Gej in 2010 as much as Sowore did, no ethnic group in Nigeria fought for Gej as much as the South west did facing the cabal, you can't change history, that said when you support someone who you think can makes the difference and he or she did not, the right thing to do is to criticize and stand up against the person, that was done to Gej, now its the time we all join hands and stand against General Buhari maladministration and not pointing fingers at one another, let it slide, even the Gej you praising just sold his state to the opposition and you think he is better?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Niaja4real(m): 9:35am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

https://punchng.com/buharis-lawlessness-our-stand/
Now I can say, there still exist, a single media house in Nigeria. Kudos to PUNCH

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Viicfuntop(f): 9:37am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Goodluck Jonathan is responsible for Buhari coming to power. Instead of him to provide good governance he allowed free for all looting that almost bankrupted the country.

Please shut up. Enough woth the looting song. Get another chorus

2 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by blowjohn(m): 9:38am On Dec 11, 2019
stonemasonn:
I'm even scared for them. They'll be the first victims of hate speech.

Mehn very strong words from Punch.
It's as if they are really really angry
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by 2Odds101(f): 9:39am On Dec 11, 2019
masseratti:
Gej was as bad as bad is, I was closer to his government than I am to buhari's government, the wanton looting during Gej period was epic, we could see it everywhere, maybe those in PMB are smarter in concealing their loot, lets call a spade a spade and stop been sentimental about it, nobody journalist fought for Gej in 2010 as much as Sowore did, no ethnic group in Nigeria fought for Gej as much as the South west did facing the cabal, you can't change history, that said when you support someone who you think can makes the difference and he or she did not, the right thing to do is to criticize and stand up against the person, that was done to Gej, now its the time we all join hands and stand against General Buhari maladministration and not pointing fingers at one another, let it slide, even the Gej you praising just sold his state to the opposition and you think he is better?
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by jaxxy(m): 9:39am On Dec 11, 2019
2Odds101:
The Nigerians that didn't support Jonathan were SOUTH WEST TO ALL NOTHERN REGION OF NIGERIA.for tribal reasons .
The subsidy of over 64billion that's been paid now wouldn't destroy Nigeria?...they say when you don't know the cause of your problem,there's no solution...Nigeria,we are the cause of our problem....we are tribalist we just pretend not to know.

Stop this tribal assumptions. Didn’t the Southwest support him in the past, even the north or did he win only from SS/SE? He lost general support even from his closest allies, due to his cluelessness, grand corruption, his wife’s overbearing attitude and to make matters worse he was politically naive. That’s why he lost.

The southwest alone can’t make Goodluck loose.

2 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by orunto27: 9:39am On Dec 11, 2019
Awol1:
Damn!

What a gut displayed by PUNCH.

History will remember you right for being the first media outfit to stand up against this tyranny and call it by it's name.

I hope Sun, Vanguard, Thisday, Leadership, Premium Times, Channels, AIT, and all media outfit will follow suit.

But as regards Sowore, he is on his own. He's a big fool being punished by Karma. He worked against GEJ for Buhari. Let him enjoy the saviour he heralded.

Now, you would wanna question why I can't get past 2015, it's simple. GEJ ran a government of vision with short, medium and long term visions backed by measurable policies.

I never benefitted from his govt nor do I have anyone who did but Nigeria was moving in the right direction. All indices were pointing positive.

But Sowore chose to amplify little pitfalls and made look gigantic. Let him enjoy.

On another note however, I really wanna understand the God or whatever GEJ is serving...

Dude moved from lecturing to Deputy Governor.

Something happened to the Governor, he became Governor.

Then he became Vice president.

Something happened to the president and he became president.

Now, all those who worked against him have tested a pill of their own..

Atiku
Saraki
Kwankwaso
Dino Melaye
Many of them.

Really, who is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?

The Elephant always remembers. Such is GoodLuck.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by kokomilala(m): 9:40am On Dec 11, 2019
@Kilisi,oh, thanks,bro.I appreciate your comment.But, I'm still learning.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by VULCAN(m): 9:40am On Dec 11, 2019
God bless you for this uppercut.

That someone can open his mouth to say that Jonathan deserved to lose to Buhari because he didn't give roads and light is a sacrilege

mabea:
Going by your logic, did Buhari perform in his first tenure that he got a second tenure?

3 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by armadeo(m): 9:40am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

'As a symbolic demonstration of our protest against autocracy and military-style repression, PUNCH (all our print newspapers, The PUNCH, Saturday PUNCH, Sunday PUNCH, PUNCH Sports Extra, and digital platforms, most especially Punchng.com) will henceforth prefix Buhari’s name with his rank as a military dictator in the 80s, Major General, and refer to his administration as a regime, until they purge themselves of their insufferable contempt for the rule of law.'

This was the punch from punch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Ayed44: 9:41am On Dec 11, 2019
masseratti:
Please leave Jonathan out of this. Please face the incorruptible tyrant you brought to town.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by VULCAN(m): 9:47am On Dec 11, 2019
It is because you are not privileged to be where major things are being discussed at high levels that you are talking of the corruption under Jonathan. The corruption going on now is many many times worse but the big difference is there is a deadly penalty for exposing it.

Nobody lived in fear under Jonathan. If you exposed corruption your life was not in danger.

But You still remain a victim to the powerful propaganda that was unleashed against Jonathan. Try to set yourself free

jaxxy:

Goodluck Nearly destroyed this country with grand corruption at all government levels. Let’s be objective and stop the overhype or else we are equally zombies like those supporting Buhari now. Yes he’s better than Buhari in many areas bt was still a major problem for the country. That is why a lot of Nigerians cudnt support his government.

The objective Nigerians who are nobodys zombies, who address issues and not persons are the most misunderstood people. Like Sowore, Wole Soyinka even obasanjo. Let’s us speak for the right things no matter who it may concern.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by 2Odds101(f): 9:47am On Dec 11, 2019
jaxxy:

Stop this tribal assumptions. Didn’t the Southwest support him in the past, even the north or did he win only from SS/SE? He lost general support even from his closest allies, due to his cluelessness, grand corruption, his wife’s overbearing attitude and to make matters worse he was politically naive. That’s why he lost.

The southwest alone can’t make Goodluck loose.
You see why I keep saying in Nigeria,we are born tribals. these two words really got me worked up...How would Nigeria tag somebody with a vision clueless...what is the meaning of cluelessness?... If you call Jonathan clueless ,what should be said about buhari without a manifesto..The coruption Nigeria is experincng now has never been experienced in the history of Nigeria...yet nobody wana say a shit about that...Buhari with four years of resultless tenure re-won elections..yet you say you voted out Jonathan for cluelessness
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Bigcowhorn: 9:48am On Dec 11, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
your moniker already shows you to be an Ipob terrorist.
[/s]
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Bigcowhorn: 9:49am On Dec 11, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
will you shut up.
don't u know as a media it should remain Neutral in it's stance.
What the hell do you know?
Well I'm glad cos Punch is heading into extinction.
[/s]
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by AmuDimpka: 9:49am On Dec 11, 2019
Igbo woud be always vindicated
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by BlackBaron: 9:50am On Dec 11, 2019
masseratti:
This is a very apt response. Gej was massively supported into power against vested interests until the wheels came lose, especially in the areas of LOOTING and security. I think SR may also be complicit in their reportings sometimes where if you can dig posts and read between the line, you'll find they were mischievous in reportings about someone very close to the top of government (family friend).

Buhari was thought to be the better of the an unelectable pair only to recycle himself as a REPRESSIVE leader who takes to literally oppressing us. If they like, let GESTAPO-DSS ala Stasi police come after me too.
No shakings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by orunto27: 9:51am On Dec 11, 2019
plainol:
A supposed secret police that cannot infiltrate Boko Haram after ten years of it's operation in Sambisa, is that one a secret service or glorified vigilante group/armed bodyguard organization?

Instead of providing quality intelligence service to the military on whereabouts of Shekau and his evil followers, they are busy showing how irresponsibly incompetent they are.

Even civilian JTF guys supply more intelligence than them.

Tueh!

Ours is a PRESPIONAGE, A Presidency that can be charged and impeached for SPYING for Fulanis, Niger and the Arabs is guilty of Espionage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nicolas Felix: Tinubu Ignored Me After Stepping Down For Osinbajo / Reno Omokiri: Throwback to when Prof Soyinka was released from prison — Biafra / Troops Kill Boko Haram Fighters During Battle In Babangida; Yobe (Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.