Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General (62948 Views)

Food Crisis: Maize, Sorghum Prices Drop As Major Feed Producers Suspend Purchase / Army, Police Personnel Clash In Zamfara Camp As Major Brutalises Police / PUNCH Has Started Addressing Buhari As 'Major General' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by nzeobi(m): 8:02am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Goodluck Jonathan is responsible for Buhari coming to power. Instead of him to provide good governance he allowed free for all looting that almost bankrupted the country.
The so called looting was propaganda, aside the arms deal tell me another looting incident

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Bluntemperor: 8:08am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Goodluck Jonathan is responsible for Buhari coming to power. Instead of him to provide good governance he allowed free for all looting that almost bankrupted the country.

The bro up had spoken the minds of Millions of Nigerians until he brought in JEJ.If JEJ was the best or doing well,why the looting and bombing going on every where including Abuja then,even the UN House was not spared!.Worst was the Madam that was richer than himself.But for Buhari,every one is now aware that he is only for the north as he appoints every northerner to any space available and now he wants to control the Press with disguise of Social Media Bill.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by imolile: 8:09am On Dec 11, 2019
Punch is waking up to the true tenets of Journalism, everywhere in the world Journalists are respected and feared, I was shocked to see how leaders fear Journalist in USA when i visited their facilities, The Trade was gradually destroyed by the systemic clampdown from military days and many gave in to bribes and started collecting the brown enveloped until most media houses were compromised. The governors seeing how compromised they became started setting up their own propaganda center called media houses, Ibori, Gbenga Daniel , Tinubu , Nduka Obaegbana who was not a governor but benefited from the corruption that humbled Journalism in Nigeria

Sowore was the only Nigerian who took a stand and dared to be different, He could not be bribed. He was always exposing the corrupt until the families of the corrupt people saw him as an enemy instead of Praising him
Count the many Newspaper in Nigeria that is dead because of Bribes
Guardian, This day, and many others follows the broad road. Their reporters were collecting bribes , That was why they couldn't propagate Sowore because he never gave them bribes during the campaign
If Punch can write this, Then they are waking up

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Staro: 8:11am On Dec 11, 2019
Good
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by etrange: 8:11am On Dec 11, 2019
Awol1:
Damn!

What a gut displayed by PUNCH.

History will remember you right for being the first media outfit to stand up against this tyranny and call it by it's name.

I hope Sun, Vanguard, Thisday, Leadership, Premium Times, Channels, AIT, and all media outfit will follow suit.

But as regards Sowore, he is on his own. He's a big fool being punished by Karma. He worked against GEJ for Buhari. Let him enjoy the saviour he heralded.

Now, you would wanna question why I can't get past 2015, it's simple. GEJ ran a government of vision with short, medium and long term visions backed by measurable policies.

I never benefitted from his govt nor do I have anyone who did but Nigeria was moving in the right direction. All indices were pointing positive.

But Sowore chose to amplify little pitfalls and made look gigantic. Let him enjoy.

On another note however, I really wanna understand the God or whatever GEJ is serving...

Dude moved from lecturing to Deputy Governor.

Something happened to the Governor, he became Governor.

Then he became Vice president.

Something happened to the president and he became president.

Now, all those who worked against him have tested a pill of their own..

Atiku
Saraki
Kwankwaso
Dino Melaye
Many of them.

Really, who is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?

Can we just stop this? Sowore is a citizen just like you and I, and as such, had the right to support any government. He's got the right to his views He felt GEJ wasn't doing great (contrary to your view) and he spoke against him. He feels this government is doing worse and he rose against it too. Isn't this how it's supposed to be? The real problem is when we get so much attached to a leader to the point where anyone that has a contrary opinion becomes an enemy.

Nothing justifies what he's going through now. And even if you feel he should rot in hell for working against your prefered government, you must understand that speaking up against his ordeal is not solely for him but for the future of our country.

Good morning.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Ojukwudfugitive: 8:12am On Dec 11, 2019
RussianKGB:
The terrorist together with his demonic cabal has resorted to treating Nigerians as slaves and third class citizens depicting the gory and darkened days of Gen. Sani Abacha.

They disobey court orders, they violate citizens human rights, they violate the Nigerian constitution, they even violate common sense. Now they want to stiffle the social media so people can't speak out against this terrible and horrific government. They chose the death penalty as the price for speaking out or challenging this government and they termed it "hate speech" but chose 12yrs prison sentence for a criminal who stole 7billion naira.

Unfortunately a certain tribe has vowed to support this demonic government no matter the evil they perpetrate. They will support the continued incarceration and detention of their tribesman against court orders issued for his release be it as it may, provided they clinch onto the 2023 presidential ticket. Such a shame undecided
Pls stop this. Punch is owned by Yoruba and we Yoruba hate this cancer called Major General Buhari, except Tinubu and his greedy fools.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by CharlotteFlair: 8:12am On Dec 11, 2019
Racoon:

Buhari still remains a tyrannt.The mod deleting my post thunder will locate you.Be warned!
May not be a mod. Anyone offended by your post only needs to use report button and your post is deleted automatically whether NL wants it or not. When a mod is involved it's usually followed with a ban.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by orunto27: 8:13am On Dec 11, 2019
Who is in charge now that Buhari is in Egypt and Osinbajo is in Saudi Arabia? Is it Buraitai or Lawan? Who do the DSS report to now?

2 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by CharlotteFlair: 8:16am On Dec 11, 2019
MichaelSokoto:

and also was it better under Abacha compared to under Dumbo

don't deceive us!
Nigerians never had it so good under dumbo.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by orunto27: 8:19am On Dec 11, 2019
Good and Timely warning.

Who is in charge now that Buhari is in Egypt and Osinbajo is in Saudi Arabia? Is it Buraitai or Lawan? Who do the DSS report to now?
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by fk001(m): 8:25am On Dec 11, 2019
Rubish.

If there will be another election tomorrow I promise you Buhari will win again and again
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by CharlotteFlair: 8:26am On Dec 11, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Lets see how buhari and his lap dogs will handle this criticism from Punch.
I can imagine the disquiet in the presidency at this moment over this.

They will surely come out with a response in less than 24hrs.

Their stance would be pugilistic! Terse! Caustic! Confrontational!
They will go full blast, firing from all cylinders!

The north is ruffled now! Arewa is putting heads together, when they are done, their response would be earth-shattering!

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by 2Odds101(f): 8:33am On Dec 11, 2019
Awol1:
Damn!

What a gut displayed by PUNCH.

History will remember you right for being the first media outfit to stand up against this tyranny and call it by it's name.

I hope Sun, Vanguard, Thisday, Leadership, Premium Times, Channels, AIT, and all media outfit will follow suit.

But as regards Sowore, he is on his own. He's a big fool being punished by Karma. He worked against GEJ for Buhari. Let him enjoy the saviour he heralded.

Now, you would wanna question why I can't get past 2015, it's simple. GEJ ran a government of vision with short, medium and long term visions backed by measurable policies.

I never benefitted from his govt nor do I have anyone who did but Nigeria was moving in the right direction. All indices were pointing positive.

But Sowore chose to amplify little pitfalls and made look gigantic. Let him enjoy.

On another note however, I really wanna understand the God or whatever GEJ is serving...

Dude moved from lecturing to Deputy Governor.

Something happened to the Governor, he became Governor.

Then he became Vice president.

Something happened to the president and he became president.

Now, all those who worked against him have tested a pill of their own..

Atiku
Saraki
Kwankwaso
Dino Melaye
Many of them.

Really, who is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan?
. Thank you very much...Thank GOD we have few persons who could genuinely see rather than settling for mediocrity...
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by dumodust(m): 8:33am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

If Goodluck Jonathan performed Nigerians would have not seen Buhari as an alternative. All he needed to do what provide world class roads,portable water,24 hour electricity. It is not rocket science, other African countries like Botswana and Namibia are doing it.

I never liked GEJ... But to analyse a situation and go for a worse option because of being unable to provide world class roads is not intelligent. We moved from frying pan to fire. I remember analyzing this for my colleagues at work then but they never listened. They are very silent now... I have nothing more to say, you can't put a value on freedom and we had it but lost it.

11 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Emmytrill(m): 8:34am On Dec 11, 2019
God bless the PUNCH for this strongly worded Editorial. Proud of my journalism profession.

5 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Viking007(m): 8:34am On Dec 11, 2019
[s]
GoTV:

Remove that leah sharibu nonsense on your profile undecided
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 11, 2019
#WORDS ON MARBLE!...THUMBS UP @ punch.

The satanic, imbecilic, redundant clueless coupist is all shades of lawleness & gross mis-rule!

The shithole is on a cliff edge!

2 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by CharlotteFlair: 8:38am On Dec 11, 2019
Blue3k:

Im not. Why does it matter?
Lol..it matters not. Your grasp of Nigeria issues would have mattered if you were a Ghanaian. grin
But you obviously have a different body make-up than an average Nigerian on NL.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by CharlotteFlair: 8:40am On Dec 11, 2019
itsme01:

oshey!! minister of thunder affiars, pretty miss amadioha..

abegi.. if nigeria scatter for your side then move come this side, for gidi here nothing scatter cant say about southeast
I'm a landlord in giddy so say something else.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by luluman: 8:43am On Dec 11, 2019
hypertension:
Buhari is the best president ever. He has integrity and is not corrupt.

Buhari pls continue your good works and thank you for millions of jobs you've created for ur citizens

We wish u third term...No devil can stop it..our love for u will continue no matter what the corrupt punchng.com says

Sai baba...

grin grin grin let me sound like a zombie today grin grin grin
Is integrity & not corrupt the only/or best yard stick to measure good quality of a president? and you say you went to school. muĂ—2

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by mkoabiola: 8:45am On Dec 11, 2019
Worth reading and digesting.

But u think buhari will av time ti read this epistle

Buhari will never change ..no Mather d editorial

He care less about what Nigerians say or write.

He only reads cartoon.

3 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by orunto27: 8:47am On Dec 11, 2019
hypertension:
Buhari is the best president ever. He has integrity and is not corrupt.

Buhari pls continue your good works and thank you for millions of jobs you've created for ur citizens

We wish u third term...No devil can stop it..our love for u will continue no matter what the corrupt punchng.com says

Sai baba...

grin grin grin let me sound like a zombie today grin grin grin

He doesn't understand that. He will think that you are just yawning while Southern Nigeria is burning. He doesn't see the Arsonist's nature of his Government.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 11, 2019
The end of this pharao will be worse than abacha & gadafi combined!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by masseratti: 8:48am On Dec 11, 2019
clefstone:
You are not different from Sowore who helped peddle lies against GEJ and his administration. You are a zombie who doesn't know he is a zombie, that's a very classic zombie
where were you when so wore used his medium to propagate for Gej to become Acting President after Yar'Adua and he exposed the Cabal, where were you, mind you sowore and Gej are both Ijaws, what's wrong with supporting someone you "think" can deliver and when he or she does not you support another what's wrong with that?

5 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 11, 2019
The presidency, Garba Shehu will soon order his men, DSS to PUNCH headquarter.
E no far from their side.

look, as long as this party is in power, no one will go punished.

Simply endeavour to remove APC from power come 2023. Since no one want's to impeach him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by ebakhaiyhe(m): 8:48am On Dec 11, 2019
We'll done Mr Editor for this courageous write up.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by 2Odds101(f): 8:49am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

My question is always....why was Buhari re-voted in..let's assume GEJ caused the first one.but you guys re-voted him the second time.

Secondly don't be deceived by those propaganda that was written against him then,the looting is worst now..you have zero clew to what is presently going on..

Please you guys should wake up to see the people that was against him never wanted the country to be good..somebody that supported corruption wouldn't introduce BVN and TSA to curb same corruption...

Nigerians intensionally chosed mediocrity over reality.Presently boko haram is superlatively worst.nobody is saying a shit about that..

Tribalism is the sole cause of our problem:please leave Jonathan out of your predicament

3 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by Safyqueen: 8:50am On Dec 11, 2019
*REVOLUTION, SUBVERSION AND THE STATE*

1. In the US civil war, the Southern secessionist agitation started as 'revolution'. Abraham Lincoln quickly moved against them. In his inauguration speech, Lincoln said "I'm not aware of any oath taken anywhere by anybody to subvert the authority of the State, but I shall have the supreme authority to preserve the State and the territory of the USA." He moved on to crush the rebellion.

2. In China in late 80's, so-called revolutionary protesters were massacred in Tienanmen square.

3. In Saudi Arabia, at the height of the famous Arab Spring, revolutionaries were beheaded in broad daylight to discourage other would-be revolutionary fellows. The US handsomely rewarded the Saudi emasculation of political opponents by selling the kingdom more arms and ammunition!

4. President el Sisi of Egypt massacred over a thousands revolutionaries at the Tahrir Square of Cairo to maintain his grip on power. Till today, the US gives $1.2 Billion annual arms subsidy to the government of Egypt.

5. In Bahrain, opposition leaders have been arrested, detained without charges, killed, imprisoned, with some stripped of their citizenship. Yet, the US hardly criticizes the government and even provided diplomatic cover for Bahrain against criticism at the UN Security Council!

6. In Spain, Catalan separatist leaders were jailed this year for organizing independence referendum for a separate state of Catalonia. Spain even issued international arrest warrant for the former Catalan President who has been arrested in Belgium awaiting deportation to Spain.

7. In Nigeria, we are told to grant Sowore freedom to "bundle out the President" "dissolved the DSS" and "disband the Armed Forces". Buhari would be a fool to allow such subversive element to be roaming free.

The young army officers who killed Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa, Okotie Eboh, Ladoke Akintola, Brigadier Maimalari in 1966 claimed to be on a revolutionary mission! Ethiopian army Colonel Haile Mengistu Mariam who overthrew the Imperial Dynasty of Ethiopia, assassinated Emperor Haile Sellasie and had him buried in a toilet soakaway, also claimed to be a revolutionary!

If you don't deal with revolutionaries, they deal with you.
Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by orunto27: 8:50am On Dec 11, 2019
PDJT:
-If God exists, this evil man Muhammadu Buhari and his allies should never go unpunished, including his family members who are benefiting from his evil deeds.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by surgical: 8:51am On Dec 11, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

That is what they used to deceive simple minded Nigerians to vote this mistake,please count the cost and compare

2 Likes

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by zinny377(f): 8:53am On Dec 11, 2019
Am so proud of punch!

1 Like

Re: Punch Newspaper Vows To Address Buhari As Major-General by 2Odds101(f): 8:53am On Dec 11, 2019
masseratti:
where were you when so wore used his medium to propagate for Gej to become Acting President after Yar'Adua and he exposed the Cabal, where were you, mind you sowore and Gej are both Ijaws, what's wrong with supporting someone you "think" can deliver and when he or she does not you support another what's wrong with that?
why will somebody with GOD given brain think Buhari is a Messiah ..Sowore is very stupid for thinking that..

On what basis was he projecting Buhari to be a messiah to the public....I remember 2015 my famous statement was: IF UNA SAY JONATHAN NO GOOD,NA BUHARI UNA CHOOSE..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Osinbajo Leaves Ogoniland As Wike Shows APC Love - Photos / Soldier Shows How He Sleeps In The Jungle: 'No Big Boy For Bush' / Cultists, Hoodlums Burnt Alive In Awka, Anambra (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.