Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,512 members, 7,971,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 06:48 PM

Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? (24003 Views)

PHOTO: If U Played With This And Still Unmarried, U need to Visit Shiloh 2015 / Guys Should Be Blamed If Girls Mugurises Them / I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by COUNTERFORCE(m): 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
75% of the fault is their's.
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2012
sanb: oh yes it is people like you that i have to answer as you give ladies a bad name and that's why i give an answer to the thread

TUT TUT TUT sad
U DONT NEED TO ANSWER TO ANYBODY SWEETHEART; ITS UR LIFE. IM JUST HAVING FUUUUN wink
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by buJu234: 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2012
@op i dont think so...

everyone has his or her own destiny and plans...

even the bible said not all will marry; that some will bcom eunuch.

Any way; i will advice that if a woman is lets say above 45yrs; what she needs to do is atleast b a single mother; takkia of ur kid(s) properly
face ur career or business with ur soul..

and have a man friend (if u re comfortable dating married men) or a bf ( if u re comfortable dating young guys)...

simple as ABC... and in fact keep to urself (because if u re always going 4 village meetings; u will always see those Old schools that will make u feel as if being single u have killed GOD & JESUS)...
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by oluking: 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2012
First it is wrong to think an aged lady has a problem, just because of her single Status.Besides whoever posted this topic don marry?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by free2ryhme: 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
Mrs..Chima:
Na wa for men today!!

Why is it a big fucking deal that some women decides to wait until they are ready or the person is worth settling down for Not everybody is hard up for marriage and SHOULD BE MARRIED.

If old arse men can marry so can old arse women. Sexist mofos!!!!

You dey vex ni ? abi the guy talk one truth wey touch ya bone grin

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
Is it by force to marry sef......u Nigerians @ ur unnecessary wahala
look @ d guy above telling me it's 75% our fault - RUBBISH!!

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2012
NO MARRIED WOMAN WILL BE ANGRY AT THIS THREADgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by free2ryhme: 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
Shollypopz: Is it by force to marry sef......u Nigerians @ ur unnecessary wahala
look @ d guy above telling me it's 75% our fault - RUBBISH!!

I am sure you nvr marry ... I get people wey dey interested age is not an issue grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by mrperfect(m): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
Interesting thread.
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by HiiiPower(m): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
sexkillz: Why the unnecessary generalization and compartmentalization? Does attributing to the female gender everything negative give you guys a kick or something?

Everyone is to be blamed for the consequences of their mistakes. This has nothing to do with age or gender. If you make a choice, be ready for the resultant effects. A lady not married can be attributed to different factors, including personal choice.

I take this thread to mean you also believe all men get married and do not age, right?

Why the unnecessary attack on the OP?
You said alot but ended up saying nothing.

The OP created an innocent thread, without bias or bashing,
but you ended up making him look like a male chauvinist pig.
That's unfair!

Why are female posters on here(including you) so standoffish and sensitive?
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by oluseye5(m): 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2012
LADIES WHO REALLY WANT TO GET THE BEST OUT OF MARRIAGE RILLY NID TO BE PATIENT AND AGE IS ONE FACTOR YHAT DOESNT WORK WITH MARRIAGE THEY ARE TWO PARALLEL LINES THAT CAN NEVA INTERCEPT....SO IF U TINK AGE IS AHEAD THEN U ARE PUTTING URSELF IN AN AKWARD POSITION TO CHOOSE EITHER YHE AGE OR THE FRUITAGE OF MARRIAGE.....THE CHOICE LIES IN UR HAND (TO THE SINGLE LADIES)

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
free2ryhme:

I am sure you nvr marry ... I get people wey dey interested age is not an issue grin grin grin grin

I'm too young for marriage in my opinion.....besides, i don't do broke guys
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by HiiiPower(m): 3:11pm On Aug 23, 2012
legendprac: I personally believe that for every lady out there that is aged and still unmarried, that there are series of mistakes she made with respect to men when she was younger, thinking beauty and age will always be on her side...
Fellow nairalanders, what's your take on that?

Obviously, they're to be blamed!
Everyone is author of their own misfortunes,
people need to start taking responsibilities,
for their action/inaction; if you can't do that,
cry me a river.
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by sashaa(f): 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2012
uboma:
U are wrong man. there are exceptional cases. i know of some wonderful women who are yet to be taken to the alter but keep being deceived by the male folk for just no fault of theirs. Shit just happens. Speak consolingly to such women, point out their strengths and encourage them to remain faithful to God for His time is the best.
^^^ plenty likes from me
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by free2ryhme: 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
Shollypopz:
I'm too young for marriage in my opinion.....besides, i don't do broke guys

rotflmao grin grin grin grin ... you get money? omode lo n se e.. and in your opinion marriage is not ya line
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by sashaa(f): 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
legendprac: Busy now, will be back to put down my points n explain d angle A̶̲̥̅♏ coming from
that u have an angle u ar comin from is no reason to generalise
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
@ Topic...

YES!! YES!!! YESSS!!!! and YESSS!!

If a woman is old/aged and not married, and its not like she opted to remain single, then its her fault..

I have come to realize that many people have the wrong idea of marriage.. They think its a fairy tale journey with beds of roses and champagne fountains.. So they meet men, instead of adjusting themselves, they expect the man to put up with some of their nasty attitudes that many men would never stand for. Then they call him unserious and break up with him because they are young and pretty.. They forget that out beauty is only for a while. I remember a woman talking about some of the great men she toyed with during her youth out of ignorance..

Same applies to many aged unmarried men as well.. They think they are all that and a woman is supposed to kiss their arse and walk on needles and pins around them because they have money.. But then they forget that there is only that much a woman can put up with. I have some friends who are in their late thirties/early fourties that are still very single and keep decieving themselves with 'A man can marry at anytime'.

O Well, as you lay your bed.. And to those saying marriage isnt all that, I pity you.. Wait till you grow old alone and lonely with no kids, Grand kids, Parents and all your siblings are too busy with their families to bother about you.. You will end up as that old, bitter and annoying aunty that nobody wants around..

My 1 Kobo!

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2012
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by talatutalatu: 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
The older ladies around me that are still unmarried could be blamed for being in their state. When we have so many fake Abuja girls with funny ideas in their heads. they cant date a guy that is not rich, or handsome, or doesn't drive a flashy car. the go on and on living a fake and vain life and when they are weary they come up with lies like "i am taking my time to search for Mr. right","or i am not in a hurry" etc....... abeg jor o.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by sashaa(f): 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
legendprac: For all those calling me names... U should have asked my reasons first...
First of all, I A̶̲̥̅♏ not taking sides with d males folks... In fact, story about some beasts dat call themselves men is for anoda day...
As for my topic, it's not for d ladies dat decided to remain unmarried...
For every lady dat is single(and didn't decide to remain single) @ a certain 'advanced' age, dia must have been times when she said no to guy(s) dat came for her or even guys dat just wanted to be frnds with them(and most times dey do it rudely)...
My point being dat, no lady will say she is unmarried because she neva had suitors @ one point in her life or d oda...
Most times, dey say no to some guys, cuz dey r waiting for d already-made ones...
Now, dats basically d angle I A̶̲̥̅♏ coming from...
I stand corrected though....
legendp, ar u saying ladies should accept any suitor that come their way? Just for the fear of ending up aged and unmarried?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by warrior01: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
sanb: oh i would correct you. the reason that some ladies are not married is not due to the fact that they are waiting for ready made men. have you considered that some of us wants to achieve something for ourselves first i.e having a good education, a good career and job, money to spend etc. they are things that we need so that we are not looked on as gold diggers
i think the Op is talking about ladies that are ripe and ready for marriage but no man seem to be in sight
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
sashaa:
correct u, i shall.
legendp, ar u saying ladies should accept any suitors that come their way? Just for the fear of ending up aged and unmarried?

NO!!

However, who are we kidding?! If a 40 year old woman is unmarried and can tell me that all the over 15 - 20 men she dated in her life time were unmarriable, then its either her village people are working overtime or there is something about her that attracts shitty niggas.. #Justsaying

Looking back at all the girls I have dated, I can count atleast 5 that I can say with all confidence that I could have married and would have been happy being married to them.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by seedord247(m): 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
I swear by 2020.. Some girls on here will still be single.. grin
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by HiiiPower(m): 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
talatu.talatu:
The older ladies around me that are still unmarried could be blamed for being in their state. When we have so many fake Abuja girls with funny ideas in their heads. they cant date a guy that is not rich, or handsome, or doesn't drive a flashy car. the go on and on living a fake and vain life and when they are weary they come up with lies like "i am taking my time to search for Mr. right","or i am not in a hurry" etc....... abeg jor o.

Abeg thank you!
Women don't know they have expiry date,
they run around in their youth wasting away,
only to start blaming family curses,
witches, wizards etc. when they become aged and single,
for their inability to find a man to marry them.

They always forget that every good thing must surely
come to end, and opportunity comes, but once. Once you
don't seize the opportunity, you're on your own.

I also don't envy women that don't want to get married,
if that's their choice. But if you're aged and unmarried,
and cry about why men don't want to marry you,
abeg look at the woman in the mirror and ask yourself sincere questions,
about why you're in the situation you're in.
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
The Solution Starts from here;

1) Ladies should first understand that its a mans world & by extension the African culture doesnt favour them.

2) Ladies should take it upon themselves to re-orientate our little ladies.

3) Ladies should get down from their high horses.

It will start from their.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by HiiiPower(m): 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
richarts: The Solution Starts from here;

1) Ladies should first understand that its a mans world.

2) Ladies should take it upon themselves to re-orientate our little ladies.

3) Ladies should get down from their high horses.

It will start from their.

No, it was a 'man's world' during our parents' time,
and before that, but it's a woman's world right now.
Women have never had it better than they have it right now.
They just need to find the right balance and be realistic.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
Smh @ some ridiculous comments i am reading. . .

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by DonaldGenes(m): 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
Na waoooooooooooo i don tire 4 ds house ooo where any small post,you see some Nairalanders go dey blow anyhow grammar like say they want compete for grammar muscles.
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by sleekch1c(f): 3:31pm On Aug 23, 2012
@@op
Who dumped you? You take this issue very serious oo!!
grin
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by warrior01: 3:36pm On Aug 23, 2012
seedord247: Yes... Most of them are here. sad
Claiming to be feminist but we know better
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2012
A few reasons why many women are still single at old age;

1. Too Picky: You hear them make silly excuses like 'He isnt tall enough', 'He isnt handsome enough', 'He snores in his sleep', blah! blah!

2. Tribalism: 'I would have married him, but he is from ...', 'My parents will never allow me marry a ........... man'.

3. Bad Character: Yes! Many women have very terrible habits and traits that instead of them working on changing it, they expect a man to put up with it..

4. Money: YES o!! Todays women are not like our mothers who got married to our parents when they didnt even have bicycles. All you see now are girls that want a man who has already made it in life. I recently heard a story where a girl told her boyfriend that they would have to move out of his small 2 bedroom that he managed tto build and rent a more befitting house.. How sad. Sadly, most men like that already have that one girl who has been with them from the beginning and all these other women would ever be to them is a mere booty call.

5. Fast Life: Many girls want to live the glamorous fairytale lifestyle.. You know, first class trips to Dubai, weekend at the spa, shopping in milan, walking all the rad carpet events in town. So in as much as they want to be married, they are conflicted as to which life they really want to live.. In the end, they realize that they cant have it all and they have missed out on marriage which outlasts red carpets.

6. Poor Home Training: I know a girl who is so lazy, she cant cook, clean or even do her own laundry let alone another mans.. When we speak, she says she would employ a cook and househelps. I wished her goodluck as a guy like me can never be married to her.. I love my home cooked meals (like most guys), enjoy my privacy (so no househelps) and would like to know that my wife is capable of running and keeping my home in my absence..

7. Western influence and Women Liberation: Most of our girls in their bid to be Ajebutta have taken it beyond wear Brazilian hair, nails and eyelashes, speaking in western accent to imbibbing western cultures.. I heard a girl say all she wants is a guy who will impregnate her and walk away. She wants to be a single moter.. Something that in all of our various cultures remains a taboo.. Sadly, it almost never happens for them and even when it does, society is a cruel biitch as you will become the gist of town and would be avoided by many. A widoa with kids is better than a 'single mother' in the context I'm putting it.

Guys please add yours..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Signs You May Be In An Unhealthy Relationship / Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend Onboard A Lagos Bound Flight (Video) / An Interview With Golor, Piperson, Fynestboi, Zikdochi & Iamkingzlee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.