Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,102 members, 7,942,990 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 09:57 PM

Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? (23979 Views)

PHOTO: If U Played With This And Still Unmarried, U need to Visit Shiloh 2015 / Guys Should Be Blamed If Girls Mugurises Them / I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

And I still recall telling you that I am not a wife beater.. I don't hit women.. What caused our quarrel was you saying 'Nothing a woman does warrants her being beaten' and I disagreed..

My fiancee knows I will never hit her..

Wife beaters don't go around calling themselves wife beaters, they simply say she did something that warranted beating.
If u don't believe that a woman should not be beaten by her husband no matter what she does, there's a chance that u'll one day lipsrsealed her cry

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Olong(m): 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
Babzilla: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ure here again! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

YEAH RITE!!!
U AND I BOTH KNOW THAT NO MATTER HOW MUCH A NIGERIAN BABE HAS SHE WILL STILL BE EYEING HER MAN'S LOOT. Gbaaaaaaaam!
BESIDES WHY DO U FEEL THE URGE 2 EXPLAIN YOSELF ON EVERY THREAD MADAM........ OR CAN I CALL U AUNTIE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Olong(m): 7:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
Shollypopz:
Wife beaters don't go around calling themselves wife beaters, they simly say she did something that warranted beating.
If u don't beleive that a woman should not be beaten by her husband no matter what she does, there's a chance that u'll one day lipsrsealed her cry

Gbaaaaaaam!

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
Shollypopz:
Wife beaters don't go around calling themselves wife beaters, they simply say she did something that warranted beating.
If u don't beleive that a woman should not be beaten by her husband no matter what she does, there's a chance that u'll one day lipsrsealed her cry
Hmm. . .
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2012
sexkillz: Hmm. . .
u know u changed it because I corrected it b4 u got there.
lol, Leave me to my 'shelling'
I blame my keypad
Shollypopz:
If u don't [b]believe [/b]that a woman should not be beaten by her husband no matter what she does, there's a chance that u'll one day lipsrsealed her cry
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju: A few reasons why many women are still single at old age;

1. Too Picky: You hear them make silly excuses like 'He isnt tall enough', 'He isnt handsome enough', 'He snores in his sleep', blah! blah!

2. Tribalism: 'I would have married him, but he is from ...', 'My parents will never allow me marry a ........... man'.

3. Bad Character: Yes! Many women have very terrible habits and traits that instead of them working on changing it, they expect a man to put up with it..

4. Money: YES o!! Todays women are not like our mothers who got married to our parents when they didnt even have bicycles. All you see now are girls that want a man who has already made it in life. I recently heard a story where a girl told her boyfriend that they would have to move out of his small 2 bedroom that he managed tto build and rent a more befitting house.. How sad. Sadly, most men like that already have that one girl who has been with them from the beginning and all these other women would ever be to them is a mere booty call.

5. Fast Life: Many girls want to live the glamorous fairytale lifestyle.. You know, first class trips to Dubai, weekend at the spa, shopping in milan, walking all the rad carpet events in town. So in as much as they want to be married, they are conflicted as to which life they really want to live.. In the end, they realize that they cant have it all and they have missed out on marriage which outlasts red carpets.

6. Poor Home Training: I know a girl who is so lazy, she cant cook, clean or even do her own laundry let alone another mans.. When we speak, she says she would employ a cook and househelps. I wished her goodluck as a guy like me can never be married to her.. I love my home cooked meals (like most guys), enjoy my privacy (so no househelps) and would like to know that my wife is capable of running and keeping my home in my absence..

7. Western influence and Women Liberation: Most of our girls in their bid to be Ajebutta have taken it beyond wear Brazilian hair, nails and eyelashes, speaking in western accent to imbibbing western cultures.. I heard a girl say all she wants is a guy who will impregnate her and walk away. She wants to be a single moter.. Something that in all of our various cultures remains a taboo.. Sadly, it almost never happens for them and even when it does, society is a cruel biitch as you will become the gist of town and would be avoided by many. A widoa with kids is better than a 'single mother' in the context I'm putting it.

Guys please add yours..

Valid points... Ladies, can u disaprove these points...
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 7:47pm On Aug 23, 2012
sashaa:
15-20 men? Dont be too quick to have an opinion based on sheer assumptions. Fact is things dont happen for evryone the same way. Some ladies from their late teens till late 20's may get like just 3 suitors(..or less) while for some, they wouldnt even be able to count.

Then, na village remote controller tins...
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by andyanders: 7:48pm On Aug 23, 2012
In this case, mostly some ladies got to be blamed and sometimes, they fall into wrong hands who mismanage them.
Most ladies at their youth figure that what God blessed them with is for ever and they start bragging with it selling their bodies to the highest bidder, Abuja today, Portharcourt tomorrow, until their body start slacking and head lamps starting pointing to the ground, they start looking for bra with iron ring to pack and hang them inside. When guys start looking for who to settle, they mostly start checking if the bobi, dey intact or e don slack. If the guy discovers that the lady has slacked, he will take to his hill and that lady might end up waiting until she has passed miniip.............s
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 7:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
sashaa:
true,
but what about those that wern't nasty, wern't snobbish, but just found themselves dumped. The years run fast, my friend. Lets take a scenario, a girl met n fell in love with a nice guy at 22, they date for about 3years, with the intention of getting married (..d guy already proposed during that time), dude starts acting up but still assures her of his love when she confronts him abt his attitude. Another year goes by and he outrightly dumps her. She's 26 now n so heartbroken.she starts to lick her wounds hoping to meet someone better. The years are slippn by n so far she has just been meeting unserious dudes who aint ready to settle down but ar just after fun. Next u know, she's clocks thirty still single. And someone says 'single at 30?' what has she been doin all these years when her mates were getting married.smh

If a guy proposes and takes years to walk u down d aisle, then run for ur life... That's part of wot A̶̲̥̅♏ hitting @...
If u r dating a guy who isn't serious(dey get d signs,but decide to ignore it most times), u gotta be wise.... And for ladies, while dating someone, don't be rude to oda guys cuz u fink u r 'hooked'... U aint 'hooked' until u say I DO...
And for d guys dat propose to gurls with no intentions of marrying dem... God will punish u....

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by OmoAlata(f): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
legendprac: I personally believe that for every lady out there that is aged and still unmarried, that there are series of mistakes she made with respect to men when she was younger, thinking beauty and age will always be on her side...
Fellow nairalanders, what's your take on that?

A woman was desperate to have a child for her husband. It wasn't happening. She went here and there for solution. She was taken to one babalawo who promised that she would have a child. However, there was a condition. She should choose between her having loads of children or her 1st born never having children. The woman chose the former and went on to have 5 children. Her 1st born struggled to get married. A man would come, get far with her, and suddenly disappear. This happened on and off. When the woman was 59 she went to a pastor who told her the above. She asked her aged mother who wept and confirmed it.

How is this the single lady's fault? sad

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
Omo Alata:

A woman was desperate to have a child for her husband. It wasn't happening. She went here and there for solution. She was taken to one babalawo who promised that she would have a child. However, there was a condition. She should choose between her having loads of children or her 1st born never having children. The woman chose the former and went on to have 5 children. Her 1st born struggled to get married. A man would come, get far with her, and suddenly disappear. This happened on and off. When the woman was 59 she went to a pastor who told her the above. She asked her aged mother who wept and confirmed it.

WOOW CHK THIS OUT shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
IM SURE THIS IS THE PLOT OF ONE NAIJA MOVIE ( YORUBA PRECISELY) COS WE'VE COME A LONG WAY FROM THIS STONE AGE THINKING. BABALAWO MY NUTS.
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by erico2k2(m): 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2012
Da gr8tosyn: What do you have to say to Old guys with no life direction...Not engage, or in any serius relationship and everything seems to be well in their eyes...Old ladies have there separate challenges like guys also do except the fact that marriage is too expensive for nowadays guys so getting hooked up is a big deal even for those that wish to settle down. Nigeria Economy is directly and indirectly affecting everyone of us, take it or you leave it.
As per the NIGERIAN context, its a different ball game, now tel me, would you as a young man of 35 years old marry a lady of 65? we know the answer, but then let us revers the question, can a lady of 35 marry a man of 65? we also know the answer grin grin
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by erico2k2(m): 9:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
Babzilla:

IM SURE THIS IS THE PLOT OF ONE NAIJA MOVIE ( YORUBA PRECISELY) COS WE'VE COME A LONG WAY FROM THIS STONE AGE THINKING. BABALAWO MY NUTS.
lol when you believe in those thing they will happen, refuse to believe, them things will run far from you. grin grin grin
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
Obinoscopy: @OP
Not true! Not all aged unmarried women are to be blamed for their condition.
Some ladies are not lucky with guys. I know of a lady, very nice and beautiful at heart. She's very caring and understanding but she's unlucky with guys. The guys she date either cheats on her or just disappear entirely.
She's a great girl to be with, I'd have married her straight away but she way too old for me (6 yrs older actually)
Her only misgiving is dat she's a sickler. Now tell me, is being anemic a fault of hers?

No, it's not.... Don't think I would marry a sickler though... Sentiments apart...
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 9:28pm On Aug 23, 2012
Shollypopz:
SHUT UP JO!!
To marry na by force.....I don't give a shit about his money, I was just messing wiv him.
Oversabi!

U use SHUT UP wit reckless abandon... Is dat ur only way of showing ur perceived superiority?
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by erico2k2(m): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2012
bittyend: Viewing this topic based on the society I was raised in, I think men are to be blamed. Young men (esp. black men) need to start taking education/career seriously. And start thinking about their careers and how to attain a higher/better status in the society. There are many good and successful black women out there who're single - not because they've bad attitude/character but because their 'status' intimidates most men.

You can't blame a woman who's a barrister for wanting to get married to a barrister, or someone who has a higher status. Women have raised the 'bar', men need to do the same, by meeting them there, or strive to get higher than the 'bar'. No one wants to get married to someone who's below them - it's a new world!!
Your post in the western world would make sence more, but in the Nigerian context its 2/10.In Nigeria there is little or no such things like a woman saying**I dont want to ever get married, its just a piece of paper** or *** I dont want to ever have a child as I cant take care of tehm due to work and travels*** you will be automatically called a WITCH grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
folks castigating those who dont voluntarily surrender themselves to prison sentence. like marriage is this big wonderful awesome thing. the grass is always greener on the other side. those who are married would love to be single and those who are single would love to be married. hence we are all unhappy. no winners. all losers in the game of life.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by erico2k2(m): 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
obadiah777: folks castigating those who dont voluntarily surrender themselves to prison sentence. like marriage is this big wonderful awesome thing. the grass is always greener on the other side. those who are married would love to be single and those who are single would love to be married. hence we are all unhappy. no winners. all losers in the game of life.
GUy speak for yourself, what one do you belong to? teh unhappy one or the happy one?
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2012
Omo Alata:

There is always an exception to d rule,right? And spiritual remote controller tins is surely one of dem in dis case
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2012
erico2k2:
GUy speak for yourself, what one do you belong to? teh unhappy one or the happy one?
i wanna be freeeeeeeeee cry and soarrrrr like a birddddd and spread my wingsssss grin
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2012
legendprac:

U use SHUT UP wit reckless abandon... Is dat ur only way of showing ur perceived superiority?

No thats her way of expressing her frustration. Thats what Nairaland does 2 U. 2 many crazy people. Stay 2 long and U go coo-coo wink
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by OmoAlata(f): 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2012
Babzilla:

BABALAWO MY NUTS.

Babalawo your balls grin They exist. Go to isale eko grin grin
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
Babzilla:

No thats her way of expressing her frustration. Thats what Nairaland does 2 U. 2 many crazy people. Stay 2 long and U go coo-coo wink

Have been here long enough... And I have realised dat d mad ones are the ones dat wanna be seen as gods, ppl who have no confidence in real life...
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
Babzilla:

Even I, a Chief priest is like 'Nigga say wat!!!'..
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2012
Shollypopz:
If u don't believe that a woman should not be beaten by her husband no matter what she does, there's a chance that u'll one day lipsrsealed her cry

Lol..

Okay here is sort of how it is.. I don't eat snakes and would never encourage anyone else to eat it, however I can understand other people eating snakes.. Now I would not just wake up one day and eat a snake, but if I'm stranded on an island, with no food and only a boiled snake stands between me and death, best believe I will eat that snake and enjoy it..

Same principle applies to 'beating women'.. I am not a woman beater.. I have never laid hands on any woman my entire life.. I will never just get up and hit a woman.. Now as much as I don't hit women and don't like it, I can understand some cases were a woman gets beaten.. Some women do push certain men over the edge.. Now in as much as I don't beat nor advocate beating women, if I'm pushed to the edge where something really dear to me is on the line like my kids or my life, I will lose my mind and beat her to a pulp and smile doing it.

All I'm saying is that the immunity to women on beataings isn't absolute..
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by crackhouse(m): 10:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
richarts: Pardon my repitition... Courtesy ''internet Nigeria''.
it seems u are new here. I can see the excitement.
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by crackhouse(m): 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2012
No, the reason is b/cos of lack of men. Women are more in number.
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
legendprac:

Valid points... Ladies, can u disaprove these points...

Without being biased, okija_juju has said virtually everything and even more while we have more single ladies nowadays than before, while our nation is falling out of place as the day rolls, why indecency is at its peak in Nigeria of today, while men are gradually loosing passion for marriage, while there are so many unhappy marriages, while there are so many divorced marriages, while infidelity in marriages and relationships is high in Nigeria of today, and why Nigerian men of today are so corrupt, brutal and ready to do anything just to satisfy their women' insatiable demands and exorbitant financial needs. Pls any wise lady who desires to find true love, peace of mind, and to also build an enviable home, pls make this comment by okija_juju your daily handbook, believe me u won't regret. Forget what some wild untrained ladies may tell you, forget your friends cos when it starts, they all will desert you, stop living a life to impress people you don't like, stop living a life to just be like others, live your own life and see what the outcome would be. The men talking to you here are not different from the men you meet in your work place, your school, church, at airports, seminars, street, malls, etc, etc...do not take their counsel for granted believing that they too complain, remember it is for your own good. All men of today in Nigeria (rich, poor affluent, etc) are all crying the same thing, why not learn. Men aren't saying all these to make you ladies look worthless, but to make you be a true woman and win their respect back. some ladies think by building a career and acquiring money like men means being every man's heart or qualifying to be a good wife, no....men don't care about who you are, where u work or how much u earn, all they care is for you to be a real woman like their mothers, like the true african mothers, not the faked western mothers who have no good cultural and family value to teach their offsprings when the get one.
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by kunlejazz(m): 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
Shollypopz:
I'm too young for marriage in my opinion.....besides, i don't do broke guys

Nice one sweety.
U know, I used to have 3 lady friends, and they all happen to have once had the same motto as you(the bolded). Below are their xteristics:
Aunty D, 43 single
Aunty DB. 36 single
Aunty F, 33 single
And recently, they all suddenly became serious xtians...to boost their chances.
You now see you have very good predecessors...LOL

grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju, I have been enjoying all your comments on this thread and I must commend your good unbiased counsels here. But then, I am suspecting that either you are on the influence of a shrine or the okija_juju itself is speaking...Lolz....but any which way, your words on this thread radiates wisdom for any wise single lady to learn from and make herself every man's dream woman! Thumbs up @okija_juju and the OP, nice thread for people who wish to learn.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

LEAKED: Nigerian Female Banker Acts Porn In Secret / Slay Queen Proudly Shows Off Her Hairy-pussy While Dancing On Live Video / Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend Onboard A Lagos Bound Flight (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.