Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,156 members, 7,884,015 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 09:29 PM

Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? (23858 Views)

PHOTO: If U Played With This And Still Unmarried, U need to Visit Shiloh 2015 / Guys Should Be Blamed If Girls Mugurises Them / I Am Afraid Of Being 30 And Still Unmarried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
slimyem: so,you had FIVE good girls and you let them go for no just cause...
Now,imagine them getting involved with 2 or 3 more guys like you who also leave them for no sensible reason asides being shitty niggas which they never admit until much later...
...and then there's the fact that shitty niggas are best at hiding how shitty they are..cheesy
These five women have been good,serious,decent,faithful,marraigeable and all but they keep meeting frogs like you.
Its not their fault that frogs like you abound...is it??
Lol.
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by bittyend(m): 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2012
Viewing this topic based on the society I was raised in, I think men are to be blamed. Young men (esp. black men) need to start taking education/career seriously. And start thinking about their careers and how to attain a higher/better status in the society. There are many good and successful black women out there who're single - not because they've bad attitude/character but because their 'status' intimidates most men.

You can't blame a woman who's a barrister for wanting to get married to a barrister, or someone who has a higher status. Women have raised the 'bar', men need to do the same, by meeting them there, or strive to get higher than the 'bar'. No one wants to get married to someone who's below them - it's a new world!!

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by techlegs: 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2012
It is a thing of destiny, just like you"ll have some men who will never get married. Check those men very well, their ribs are still complete, Intact, there is no woman made for them.

To the women who don't eventually get married,m they are often very strong, atheletic, no nonsense ladies, always living alone, depends on no one, can do everything a man can do, just name it,they have all the survival instincts you can think of, such ladies are not meant for any man. Check it out and correct me if I am wrong. We are all learning o.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
slimyem: so,you had FIVE good girls and you let them go for no just cause...
Now,imagine them getting involved with 2 or 3 more guys like you who also leave them for no sensible reason asides being shitty niggas which they never admit until much later...
...and then there's the fact that shitty niggas are best at hiding how shitty they are..cheesy
These five women have been good,serious,decent,faithful,marraigeable and all but they keep meeting frogs like you.
Its not their fault that frogs like you abound...is it??

Hey!! Hey !!! Hey !!!!!!!

Cool down jor!!

Wetin sef?!! angry

I said good girls not virgin Mary's.. angry
Good girls only meant that irrespective of their shortcomings, I could have still made it work.

SHOO!! angry Na ehn you just decide to rough tackle me anyhow!!

Na wah to you o!!

No be my own bad pass.. Most of those relationships ended because I had to leave town, or she left town or she realized that I was getting fartherand farther away from God or something like that.. Mind you, I am still very close to all my ex's except one who was crazy!

I am a good man.. All of them can attest to me being a good man. The only difference may be that then I was young, a student, unemployed and not quite ready to be married.. However, I never cheated on any of them nor treated them badly.. Thats why they all still love me.

No dey tarnish my image with reckless abandon jor!!

I belong to the legion of extra-ordinary gentlemen! The last of a dying breed.. My Momma raised me proper.. grin
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

If only you know who I am, you will be envious of her..

I pride myself in being a perfect gentleman.. cool
Tah!! No even tlk am again
Perfect gentleman ko, perfect gentleman ni

Just so u knw, ur angelic fiancee is going to annoy you to d extent of killing her one day....
Just change that mindset that beating ur wife is an option because u wuld be tempted to.
And u just might destroy everything in ur life dat was good
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by bittyend(m): 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
Shollypopz:
D funny thing bitty is that a lot of Naija guys i know/meet here are very ambitious and extremely smart.
To be honest, I hear what ppl say about black men but I only see that in d AA community.
Every Naija guy here is attaining and fighting their way to d top. The guys here are like our motivation, always setting d bar so high.
In fact I find d girls struggling to meet them in caliber of internships, research,.....
I can hate on Naija guys for many reasons but I hv to admit Naija guys are very responsible and ambitious IMO

Naija guys in America need to be commended, but most of the ones in the UK are 'yahoozed' up, all they care about is driving nice cars, women, popping champs in the club, and wearing LV. I know a few are upright, but majority of them don't really go beyond BSc.
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by DonaldGenes(m): 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2012
Shollypopz:
Dude marriage is not by force 4 me oooo. I hv lot of things to do in this life. If i dnt marry, i'll just dedicate myself to career and charity. A broke guy would be intimidated by me anyway undecided
can we marry@shollypozp
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 23, 2012
Donalð Genes:
can we marry@shollypozp
Learn to spell my name right first!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 23, 2012
Donalð Genes:
can we marry@shollypozp
grin
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by vislabraye(m): 5:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
You can't always blame the girls.
But Some of them may have genuine reasons but I know a lot of them are hustlers. They want to enjoy life have fun but they forget they have expiry date. When they start clocking 30 they start looking for the nearest available guy.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2012
bittyend:

Naija guys in America need to be commended, but most of the ones in the UK are 'yahoozed' up, all they care about is driving nice cars, women, popping champs in the club, and wearing LV. I know a few are upright, but majority of them don't really go beyond BSc.
Maybe it's just the ppl i surround myself with or the fact that getting a PhD gets you permanent residency here, lol!
Going beyond BSc is very important for Nigerians though, our parents put too much value on education.
Don't just talk about d guys, ur girls are also party freaks. When i see pictures of my friends in UK, they all look d same way with that Peruvian/Brazilian weave and nonsensical eyebrows. Don't even get me started, but i jealous d fun they get to have. sad
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by slimyem: 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

Hey!! Hey !!! Hey !!!!!!!

Cool down jor!!

Wetin sef?!! angry

I said good girls not virgin Mary's.. angry
Good girls only meant that irrespective of their shortcomings, I could have still made it work.

SHOO!! angry Na ehn you just decide to rough tackle me anyhow!!

Na wah to you o!!

No be my own bad pass.. Most of those relationships ended because I had to leave town, or she left town or she realized that I was getting fartherand farther away from God or something like that.. Mind you, I am still very close to all my ex's except one who was crazy!

I am a good man.. All of them can attest to me being a good man. The only difference may be that then I was young, a student, unemployed and not quite ready to be married.. However, I never cheated on any of them nor treated them badly.. Thats why they all still love me.

No dey tarnish my image with reckless abandon jor!!

I belong to the legion of extra-ordinary gentlemen! The last of a dying breed.. My Momma raised me proper.. grin

lol.
Relax...
All i'm saying is...
There are really good women out there who have just been unlucky with the kind of men they meet through no fault of theirs..
Should they then kill themselves because they are not married?
I have brothers and cousins who have thrown good women away for no reason and only realise it and wish them back when the lady's gone..
You'd agree with me that men are such a confused bunch when it comes to choosing one to spend the rest of their lives with.. Won't you?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2012
sanb: you are here attacking old ladies not married ehh. most ladies would like to see themselves accomplished before settling down so that men like you don't tag them gold diggers hence a lot of us wait until we have achieved a lot in life and i can class myself as such which means i don't have to wait for a man to do this and that for me okay....

Huh Lolz.....
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2012
@ OP

You are partly right. Every woman (no exceptions) has had many men approach her for romance and marriage in her prime i.e. ages 18 to 26. Whoever says otherwise is not being honest.

Age swings the mating advantage towards men while it narrows ladies options. Its unfotunate but true. Youth and beauty is a ladys most valuable asset in attracting suitors. Understand that the quality of men you are attracting now that you are in your prime will generally decline as you age.

Many ladies are jolted by that brutal realization especially when men that constantly approach her and put up with her attitudes and entitlement mentality dissapear and they begin to find it very tough to attract suitors. Then they start flocking to churches.

If marriage is your thing, you must make your hay while your sun is still shining. You think men are kissing your feet now? A time is coming when they will vanish and u will be invisible to them

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Aug 23, 2012
ajayi1: I believe some gurls/women faces lot of challenges with guys which turns them out and makes it late. BUT the common one is tht some gurls do shakara too much till the guy wey love them bypass them.
fact!
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2012
@ OP

You are partly right. Every woman (no exceptions) has had many men approach her for romance and marriage in her prime i.e. ages 18 to 26. Whoever says otherwise is not being honest.

Age swings the mating advantage towards men while it narrows ladies options. Its unfortunate but true. Youth and beauty is a lady's most valuable asset in attracting suitors. Understand that the quality of men you are attracting now that you are in your prime will generally decline as you age.

Many ladies are jolted by that brutal realization especially when men that constantly approach her and put up with her attitudes and entitlement mentality dissapear and they begin to find it very tough to attract suitors. Then they start flocking to churches.

If marriage is your thing, you must make your hay while your sun is still shining. You think men are kissing your feet now? A time is coming when they will vanish and you will become invisible to them

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2012
buJu-234:
@op i dont think so...

everyone has his or her own destiny and plans...

even the bible said not all will marry; that some will bcom eunuch.

Any way; i will advice that if a woman is lets say above 45yrs; what she needs to do is atleast b a single mother; takkia of ur kid(s) properly
face ur career or business with ur soul..

and have a man friend (if u re comfortable dating married men) or a bf ( if u re comfortable dating young guys)...

simple as ABC... and in fact keep to urself (because if u re always going 4 village meetings; u will always see those Old schools that will make u feel as if being single u have killed GOD & JESUS)...

Did u just say, ' have married male frnds?' Smh
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
oluking: First it is wrong to think an aged lady has a problem, just because of her single Status.Besides whoever posted this topic don marry?

Guess u didn't take ur time to read my subsequent posts...
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Obinoscopy(m): 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2012
@OP
Not true! Not all aged unmarried women are to be blamed for their condition.
Some ladies are not lucky with guys. I know of a lady, very nice and beautiful at heart. She's very caring and understanding but she's unlucky with guys. The guys she date either cheats on her or just disappear entirely.
She's a great girl to be with, I'd have married her straight away but she way too old for me (6 yrs older actually)
Her only misgiving is dat she's a sickler. Now tell me, is being anemic a fault of hers?

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2012
HiiiPower:

Why the unnecessary attack on the OP?
You said alot but ended up saying nothing.

The OP created an innocent thread, without bias or bashing,
but you ended up making him look like a male chauvinist pig.
That's unfair!

Why are female posters on here(including you) so standoffish and sensitive?

Tell him oo, I even put a question mark in d title of d thread as a way of saying, ' I stand to be corrected'
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
Shollypopz:
I'm too young for marriage in my opinion.....besides, i don't do broke guys

Didn't dat statement just sum up d whole essence of d thread?
Don't worry, wait till u r old enough and u meet dat rich guy...
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2012
sashaa:
that u have an angle u ar comin from is no reason to generalise

Read what I said about generalization......
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2012
legendprac:

Didn't dat statement just sum up d whole essence of d thread?
Don't worry, wait till u r old enough and u meet dat rich guy...
SHUT UP JO!!
To marry na by force.....I don't give a shit about his money, I was just messing wiv him.
Oversabi!

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2012
sanb: you are here attacking old ladies not married ehh. most ladies would like to see themselves accomplished before settling down so that men like you don't tag them gold diggers hence a lot of us wait until we have achieved a lot in life and i can class myself as such which means i don't have to wait for a man to do this and that for me okay....

Achieve what? I hardly see anything they achieve oh.
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2012
Okija_juju: @ Topic...

YES!! YES!!! YESSS!!!! and YESSS!!

If a woman is old/aged and not married, and its not like she opted to remain single, then its her fault..

I have come to realize that many people have the wrong idea of marriage.. They think its a fairy tale journey with beds of roses and champagne fountains.. So they meet men, instead of adjusting themselves, they expect the man to put up with some of their nasty attitudes that many men would never stand for. Then they call him unserious and break up with him because they are young and pretty.. They forget that out beauty is only for a while. I remember a woman talking about some of the great men she toyed with during her youth out of ignorance..

Same applies to many aged unmarried men as well.. They think they are all that and a woman is supposed to kiss their arse and walk on needles and pins around them because they have money.. But then they forget that there is only that much a woman can put up with. I have some friends who are in their late thirties/early fourties that are still very single and keep decieving themselves with 'A man can marry at anytime'.

O Well, as you lay your bed.. And to those saying marriage isnt all that, I pity you.. Wait till you grow old alone and lonely with no kids, Grand kids, Parents and all your siblings are too busy with their families to bother about you.. You will end up as that old, bitter and annoying aunty that nobody wants around..

My 1 Kobo!

This is d definition of ON POINT
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2012
sashaa:
legendp, ar u saying ladies should accept any suitor that come their way? Just for the fear of ending up aged and unmarried?

No, am saying D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̴̴̲̣̣͡ should stop being so 'picky'... And while @ it, D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̴̴̲̣̣͡ should also try not to be rude
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Okijajuju1(m): 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2012
slimyem: lol.
Relax...
All i'm saying is...
There are really good women out there who have just been unlucky with the kind of men they meet through no fault of theirs..
Should they then kill themselves because they are not married?
I have brothers and cousins who have thrown good women away for no reason and only realise it and wish them back when the lady's gone..
You'd agree with me that men are such a confused bunch when it comes to choosing one to spend the rest of their lives with.. Won't you?

There is no denying that many people have been victims of bad relationships.. Infact, one of my ex's keeps calling me up to tell me how I ruined her life and all worth not(however, its not true o)..

But I find it difficult to believe that a pretty woman can't find a man after 20 years.. No na..

I'm not saying settle for less, but then rather than become an arse based on bad ex's or become recluse, she can improve her appeal and start mixing in crowds were her ideal man should most likely to be, don't cheapen herself but then don't create a barrier.. Be firm, get an early grip on the relationship and steer it in the direction she wants.. She should also be intelligent enough to knw when she is in an unserious relationship and move on..

All I'm saying is that most aged women who are single either caused it or didn't do enough to attract and keep the right man.. Fairytales are for hollywood, relationship requires work and many of them are not ready to put in work..

1 Like

Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2012
sexkillz: Smh @ some ridiculous comments i am reading. . .

Pls, don't shake it too much...
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by legendprac(m): 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
sleekch1c: @@op
Who dumped you? You take this issue very serious oo!!
grin

Dumped ke? U gotta be kidding me....
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Okijajuju1(m): 7:03pm On Aug 23, 2012
Shollypopz:
Tah!! No even tlk am again
Perfect gentleman ko, perfect gentleman ni

Just so u knw, ur angelic fiancee is going to annoy you to d extent of killing her one day....
Just change that mindset that beating ur wife is an option because u wuld be tempted to.
And u just might destroy everything in ur life dat was good

And I still recall telling you that I am not a wife beater.. I don't hit women.. What caused our quarrel was you saying 'Nothing a woman does warrants her being beaten' and I disagreed..

My fiancee knows I will never hit her..
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2012
LOL you crack me up with laughter. i tell you mehn go out and investigate and you would find
ferdiii:

Achieve what? I hardly see anything they achieve oh.
Re: Ladies Are To Be Blamed If They Are Aged And Still Unmarried? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 23, 2012
what are you laughing at
DailyNews:

Huh Lolz.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Zenayia / Between Buying A new Car And Getting Married / Friends With Benefit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.