Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,371 members, 7,901,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:05 PM

What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. (7105 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / Is This Really Happening In Church Today? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 4:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan:

No my dear friend, She is not.

So how is she the mother of God?
is it logical to say she is the mother of someone that created her? you guys like talking with logic so let us reason with logic..
Can we say Jesus supernatural being dropped his supernatural nature and took up nature that is like me and you so mary could bring him to the earth to die for us... We can Agree while she brought Jesus into this world... she cant be mother of God except she is God her self...

Is there 3 gods?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
benalvino:

So how is she the mother of God?
is it logical to say she is the mother of someone that created her? you guys like talking with logic so let us reason with logic..
Can we say Jesus supernatural being dropped his supernatural nature and took up nature that is like me and you so mary could bring him to the earth to die for us... We can Agree while she brought Jesus into this world... she cant be mother of God except she is God her self...

Is there 3 gods?

She is the mother of God; because God made her His Mother.

No we can't say Jesus "dropped" His Divine nature to take up human nature like me and you. But we can say that Jesus being Divine, took up human nature as well(the word was made flesh), in the womb of the blessed virgin. For at no point, even in His incarnation, did He lose His Divinity.

I do not know about gods.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan:

She is the mother of God; because God made her His Mother.

No we can't say Jesus "dropped" His Divine nature to take up human nature like me and you. But we can say that Jesus being Divine, took up human nature as well in the womb of the blessed virgin. For at no point, even His incarnation, did He lose His Divinity.

I do not know about gods.

God made her his mother? are you talking from your ass?

if jesus did not drop it... then he cant die.
phil 2:5-8
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.

And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

While he is human... he rely in the holy spirit and his father... So God was inside him...
your problem is what you are teaching is not in the bible but you are following the ways of men...
Jesus bleed... died because he dropped his deity and rely on his father.

So you know Jesus is the one God with the father and Holy spirit... So if God is one that means mary is the mother of the father... If you don't agree with this then you believe in multiple God.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
benalvino:

God made her his mother? are you talking from your ass?

if jesus did not drop it... then he cant die.
phil 2:5-8
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,
being made in human likeness.

And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

While he is human... he rely in the holy spirit and his father... So God was inside him...
your problem is what you are teaching is not in the bible but you are following the ways of men...
Jesus bleed... died because he dropped his deity and rely on his father.

So you know Jesus is the one God with the father and Holy spirit... So if God is one that means mary is the mother of the father... If you don't agree with this then you believe in multiple God.

From your quote above:

He was God by nature... (6), Here it shows you clearly that Jesus is God.
then He took Human nature...(7), Here it tells you that He took human nature (did not say he dropped God nature).
being found in appearance as man ( 8 ) Here it tells you that though He is God came to us in the form of Man
He humbled himself, becoming obedient to death ( 8 ) Here it confirms to you that He humbled Himself, if He were just a man as you proposed, would it be considered humility to do God's will.

LK5:20"And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

LK5:21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?

Did you see what happened in this passage? Is it a mere man that can do that or God in "appearance as man"?

For your analysis and question, I can only quote scriptures for you:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2013
"JESUS CHRIST IS THE SAME, YESTERDAY AND TODAY AND FOREVER"--Heb 13:8
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 6:02pm On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan:

From your quote above:

He was God by nature... (6), Here it shows you clearly that Jesus is God.
then He took Human nature...(7), Here it tells you that He took human nature (did not say he dropped God nature).
being found in appearance as man ( 8 ) Here it tells you that though He is God came to us in the form of Man
He humbled himself, becoming obedient to death ( 8 ) Here it confirms to you that He humbled Himself, if He were just a man as you proposed, would it be considered humility to do God's will.

LK5:20"And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

LK5:21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?

Did you see what happened in this passage? Is it a mere man that can do that or God in "appearance as man"?

For your analysis and question, I can only quote scriptures for you:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

If he did not Change nature then he cant die dont you see that is why he took human nature...
you are trying to change the meaning... But you didnt answer the Question... You said God is one... so mary is the mother of God the father, son and holy spirit? you will say no... then you believe Jesus and the father are 2 different God? you will say no... so what are you saying? Is this not confusion? You cant answer this question and i have been asking you for long now
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 6:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
benalvino:

If he did not Change nature then he cant die dont you see that is why he took human nature...
you are trying to change the meaning... But you didnt answer the Question... You said God is one... so mary is the mother of God the father, son and holy spirit? you will say no... then you believe Jesus and the father are 2 different God? you will say no... so what are you saying? Is this not confusion? You cant answer this question and i have been asking you for long now

I thought you said you believe in the trinity. God the father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit, yet One God. Three persons in one God. Did Christ not say "I and the father are one". Did Isaiah not call the son of mary, Mighty God? What else did Isaiah call Him? check for yourself. If you can explain the trinity, your answer lies therein.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan:

I thought you said you believe in the trinity. God the father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit, yet One God. Three persons in one God. Did Christ not say "I and the father are one". Did Isaiah not call the son of mary, Mighty God? What else did Isaiah call Him? check for yourself. If you can explain the trinity, your answer lies therein.

see the bold from you... it shows there is one God and you saying father son and holy spirit is the one God... so if mary is the mother of God it means she is the mother of the father son and holy spirit...

So answer the question...
Is mary the mother of God which is the father son and holy spirit.... remember that there is only one God
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
benalvino:

see the bold from you... it shows there is one God and you saying father son and holy spirit is the one God... so if mary is the mother of God it means she is the mother of the father son and holy spirit...

So answer the question...
Is mary the mother of God which is the father son and holy spirit.... remember that there is only one God

You really need to study what the trinity is. In case you don't know, it says that.

If I hear the father, I have heard God
If I see the son, I have seen God
If I feel the Holy Spirit, I have felt God

Do you agree?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 7:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan:

You really need to study what the trinity is. In case you don't know, it says that.

Do you agree?

What are you saying... I asked U a question and I know what the trinity is. Am asking again... If the 3 are the one God then how is Mary mother of the father son and holy spirit you they talk another thing. You can say she is mother of God for only Jesus cause it will make you believe in 2 God
.. Now this one you can't dodge
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 7:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
^^^ Just answer yes or no to the post above and I promise to answer you Immediately.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 8:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan: ^^^ Just answer yes or no to the post above and I promise to answer you Immediately.
In curiousity yes
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 9:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
benalvino:
In curiousity yes

Ok then. That's your answer.

Now mine. In line with the above:

If I see the Son,I have seen God

Mary bore the son,She bored God.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 9:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan:

Ok then. That's your answer.

Now mine. In line with the above:

If I see the Son,I have seen God

Mary bore the son,She bored God.

Again you didnt answer.. you agree God is the father, son and holy spirit... you also agree there is Only one God... if mary gave birth to God... it means she is the mother of the Father, Son and holy spirit... you still cant answer this...

Do you agree?

the quote doesn't address the situation... this is a question you cant answer...
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 9:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
benalvino:

Again you didnt answer.. you agree God is the father, son and holy spirit... you also agree there is Only one God... if mary gave birth to God... it means she is the mother of the Father, Son and holy spirit... you still cant answer this...

the quote doesn't address the situation... this is a question you cant answer...

No No No, Please do not get me wrong. I do not know what your Idea of trinity is. What you are telling me is that the Father alone is not God, nor the son alone God, nor the Holy Spirit alone God. Except when it is the father, son and Holy spirit together that you say God.

No NO No. What I am telling you is that The Father alone is God. The son alone is God. The Holy Spirit alone is God. Yet There is One God.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 10:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan:

No No No, Please do not get me wrong. I do not know what your Idea of trinity is. What you are telling me is that the Father alone is not God, nor the son alone God, nor the Holy Spirit alone God. Except when it is the father, son and Holy spirit together that you say God.

No NO No. What I am telling you is that The Father alone is God. The son alone is God. The Holy Spirit alone is God. Yet There is One God.

they thats 3 God...
you really confused man...
even if i assume that what you are saying makes sense... then she is the mother of God which is the son alone... then you will bring the idea that there is only one God... so how can you exclude the father and holy spirit?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 10:04pm On Jul 16, 2013
benalvino:

they thats 3 God...
you really confused man...
even if i assume that what you are saying makes sense... then she is the mother of God which is the son alone... then you will bring the idea that there is only one God... so how can you exclude the father and holy spirit?

Read about the Trinity and then lets continue. I can see you believe in what you don't know.

So the Father alone is not God?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 10:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan:

Read about the Trinity and then lets continue. I can see you believe in what you don't know.

So the Father alone is not God?

there is one God... which is father son and holy spirit... when you say father alone and son alone what those it mean? what do you think alone means?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by ijawkid(m): 10:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
all of ona don craze finish for this thread.... grin grin grin grin grin grin.....

na so trinity get flenty flenty versions grin grin....

make i sit down then look who define am pass.... cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 10:45pm On Jul 16, 2013
@ benalvino. While you are at it let me use scripture to show you that they are all still present in the same Jesus.

Isaiah9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Here the prophet calls the baby Jesus "father".

Matt3:17 "And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased"

Here the evangelist shows Jesus as "Son"

1cor15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit"

Here the epistle writer refers to Jesus as "Spirit"

What about Jesus Himself,what did He do:

1. He forgave sins - (LK5:20)"And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee".

2. He pleaded with the father- (LK23:34) "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do"

3. He breathed the Holy Spirit on the apostles- (John20:22) "And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
benalvino:
In curiousity yes

Ah-ah!

But you said Jesus was only a man on earth. Now you agree the he who sees Jesus has seen God.

You keep changing your position like weather and contradicting yourself.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 10:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
ijawkid: all of ona don craze finish for this thread.... grin grin grin grin grin grin.....

na so trinity get flenty flenty versions grin grin....

make i sit down then look who define am pass.... cheesy cool

get out there...
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
italo:

Ah-ah!

But you said Jesus was only a man on earth. Now you agree the he who sees Jesus has seen God.

You keep changing your position like weather and contradicting yourself.

italo he needs to be a man to die for me and you... thats why i said read phil 2:6 to 8 and understand it
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by ijawkid(m): 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
benalvino:

get out there...
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry

wey u for allow me make we tag team...

i no go play with u again...
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 11:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan: @ benalvino. While you are at it let me use scripture to show you that they are all still present in the same Jesus.

Isaiah9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Here the prophet calls the baby Jesus "father".

Matt3:17 "And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased"

Here the evangelist shows Jesus as "Son"

1cor15:45 "And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit"

Here the epistle writer refers to Jesus as "Spirit"

What about Jesus Himself,what did He do:

1. He forgave sins - (LK5:20)"And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee".

2. He pleaded with the father- (LK23:34) "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do"

3. He breathed the Holy Spirit on the apostles- (John20:22) "And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

now you are oneness pentecostal with the modalism doctrine of Jesus only... sometimes he plays the father sometimes he plays the son and sometimes the only spirit... You are confused man... you when from father alone is God and son alone is God... now Jesus is the father in isaiah and then the son in john 3:16... you are so confused man...
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2013
ijawkid: embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed cry cry cry

wey u for allow me make we tag team...

i no go play with u again...

lmao... oya fire am your own question...
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 11:03pm On Jul 16, 2013
benalvino:

italo he needs to be a man to die for me and you... thats why i said read phil 2:6 to 8 and understand it

The 5000, Pilate, Pharisees, Apostles etc...did they see God walk among them 2000yrs ago or not?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 11:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
benalvino:

now you are oneness pentecostal with the modalism doctrine of Jesus only... sometimes he plays the father sometimes he plays the son and sometimes the only spirit... You are confused man... you when from father alone is God and son alone is God... now Jesus is the father in isaiah and then the son in john 3:16... you are so confused man...

It is what scripture says. You dont believe in scripture anymore?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 11:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
italo:

The 5000, Pilate, Pharisees, Apostles etc...did they see God walk among them 2000yrs ago or not?

please make your point... we know the Word became flesh... and the bible says the word was God
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 11:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
italo:

thats the business of the Oneness pentecostal religion... but your guy is beginning to sound like them
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 11:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
benalvino:

please make your point... we know the Word became flesh... and the bible says the word was God

Did they see God in Israel 2000yrs ago or not?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
italo:

My brother, as if it wasn't scripture I quoted all through. But I like the guy shaa, I know he will revisit all these.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Is My Neighbour.? / Africans May Never Recover From This Blow / What You Learnt In Church Today ?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.