Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,371 members, 7,901,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:06 PM

What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. (7106 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / Is This Really Happening In Church Today? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by petres007(m): 6:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
alexleo: I went to see my elder sister and her hubby on tuesday evening. As I was there, a church(Lord's Chosen) on their street was holding a service and the speakers blasting around the area(as usual among Nigerian churches). I was baffled to hear the leading minister telling them to pray against all their enemies, that madness and poverty should befall them and their children's children up to their fourth generation. Come and hear the volume of prayers. What sort of rubbish is going on in churches? Now when they started singing, here are the words of their song- "the God of my pastor's power, answer me". This really got me worried and sad. Is this what Jesus said we should do? Brethren how do we arrest this ugly developments in the end time church? Things are getting out of hand. Meanwhile Jesus is coming soon.

This is only one of many ways in which we've turned the Christian faith on its head - http://www.acts1711daily.com/2013/05/09/dealing-with-enemies-the-christian-perspective/
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 6:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
benalvino:

Who told you am condemning you? am only telling you the truth. and you think but you dont know...
am i stoning you because of that? or am i shunning you? we all are ministers i have just ministered to you smiley

Oh! So we are all ministers. Let me also minister to you, then.

The Catholic faith is God's one true faith.

Who, then, will decide who is the true minister and who is the false minister? You?

Or are we both right...or both wrong?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
italo:

Who, then, will decide who is the true minister and who is the false minister? You?

Let the bible decide bro...
let the bible be the instrument.
anyone that says their religion is the one truth faith are desperate... all of them.
let the bible decide who is the truth minister...
we are not both right... the bible backs my ministering so what backs yours? show us where marry is called queen of heaven? or mother of God?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
italo:

The reason I got on this thread is to highlight your hypocrisy.

You claim to believe everyone has a right to interpret the faith his own way. Then you assume a position of authority over people practising the faith in their own way.

That is hypocrisy.

Haaaa you lied against me in the bolded o. If i claimed everyone have a right to interpret bible their own way why am I against catholics and their worship of Mary since they have an interpretation to that? I said that everybody gives his or her interpretation of the scriptures but any interpretation that does not come from the Holy Ghost is not it. Thats why we need to ask the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truths.
This has been my stand. I wonder where you got the false accusation you are heaping on me. Feel free sha.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by plaetton: 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
shdemidemi:
Deut 29
29 The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Col 1
26 Even the mystery (secrets) which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Typical meaningless nonsense.
So god is a mystery?
Where have I heard that before?

If god remains a mystery , then wtf is religion all about?.
Doesn't that mean that religion is redundant and a great waste of everyone's time?

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 7:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
plaetton:

Typical meaningless nonsense.
So god is a mystery?
Where have I heard that before?

If god remains a mystery , then wtf is religion all about?.
Doesn't that mean that religion is redundant and a great waste of everyone's time?

Dude... you cant comprehend doesnt mean what he says is crap... Why God is a mystery is because we wont know every thing about God...
humans are trying to comprehend why people who are strangled to death can just start breathing since their body is ok but was without oxygen for some time... why when life goes out of the body it cant come back... these are the mystery.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
italo:

I said it that your mission here is not about Chosen or even my so called hypocrisy which you accused me of, you are simply here to defend your catholics and Mary worship. Go ahead with whatever you want to believe but make sure you are in line with God who you will stand before his judgment throne at last. This has been my advice to all of us, including me. God help us.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
benalvino:

Let the bible decide bro...
let the bible be the instrument.
anyone that says their religion is the one truth faith are desperate... all of them.
let the bible decide who is the truth minister...
we are not both right... the bible backs my ministering so what backs yours? show us where marry is called queen of heaven? or mother of God?

If the bible will decide, why do you condemn those who read Psalm 109.

Are you saying Jesus is not God?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 9:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

the bible will only decide if you agree with it... like it says never use a carved object to worship God... but caths do it... they use doll baby to do what the bible says not to do...

One God, 3 distinct persons... father, son and holy spirit.., marry mother of god means mother of the father, mother of the son, mother of the holy spirit.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

The old testament was a time of law. A time of do me i do you. When Jesus came with the gospel of grace he taught us to forgive, not seven times but seventy times seven(which means keep forgiving and forgiving). To turn the other cheek when someone slaps you rather than slapping back as it used to be in the old testament, to love your enemy and pray for them that persecute you. Havent you read it in the bible? Did it say we should pray for madness and poverty upon our enemies? If i pray such prayer against you will you clap for me? This is a simple matter but you catholics wants to use it against those of us who preaches against your image worship. Go ahead sir.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 10:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
benalvino:

the bible will only decide if you agree with it... like it says never use a carved object to worship God... but caths do it... they use doll baby to do what the bible says not to do...

One God, 3 distinct persons... father, son and holy spirit.., marry mother of god means mother of the father, mother of the son, mother of the holy spirit.

It is not how much words you speak, but how much sense you make. Please do not lie against the bible.

Simple question, Is Jesus God? Let the truth set you free.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

It is not how much words you speak, but how much sense you make. Please do not lie against the bible.

Simple question, Is Jesus God? Let the truth set you free.

Can marry be the mother of God who exist long before she was born?
can she be the mother of God who created the earth and her father and mother adam and eve?
why are the other siblings Jesus have not God?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 10:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
alexleo:

The old testament was a time of law. A time of do me i do you. When Jesus came with the gospel of grace he taught us to forgive, not seven times but seventy times seven(which means keep forgiving and forgiving). To turn the other cheek when someone slaps you rather than slapping back as it used to be in the old testament, to love your enemy and pray for them that persecute you. Havent you read it in the bible? Did it say we should pray for madness and poverty upon our enemies? If i pray such prayer against you will you clap for me? This is a simple matter but you catholics wants to use it against those of us who preaches against your image worship. Go ahead sir.

I know what I preach. It is what you preach that is haunting you. You say every one can read and privately interprete scripture, today there is chaos, everyone is right while others are wrong due to what you preach. You are now the authority of scripture interpretation.
It is Psalm 109, it is scriptural! They interpreted it in their own way and found no problem with it, in accordance with your preaching. Why condemn them?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 10:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
benalvino:

Can marry be the mother of God who exist long before she was born?
can she be the mother of God who created the earth and her father and mother adam and eve?
why are the other siblings Jesus have not God?

Hahaha, Is Jesus God? Simple question.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 10:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

I know what I preach. It is what you preach that is haunting you. You say every one can read and privately interprete scripture, today there is chaos, everyone is right while others are wrong due to what you preach. You are now the authority of scripture interpretation.
It is Psalm 109, it is scriptural! They interpreted it in their own way and found no problem with it, in accordance with your preaching. Why condemn them?

Now you ve joined your brother italo to lie against me. Kindly get one place i made such comment as you have said and post it here to shame me and i will apologize. We cant rely on the interpretation of your Pope if thats what you are driving at. We cannot sir.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 10:48pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

Hahaha, Is Jesus God? Simple question.

read phil 2:6.... Jesus is God but if he exist before marry gave birth to him as human how is she the mother of God? you people need to think. cant you ask your self how she is not God but gave birth to God? think man...
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 10:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
benalvino:

read phil 2:6.... Jesus is God but if he exist before marry gave birth to him as human how is she the mother of God? you people need to think. cant you ask your self how she is not God but gave birth to God? think man...

they dont think rather they swallow all that their pope gives them. Too bad. You can see how desperate they are in laying false accusation against me. Na wa o. grin
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 10:52pm On Jul 13, 2013
alexleo:

they dont think rather they swallow all that their pope gives them. Too bad. You can see how desperate they are in laying false accusation against me. Na wa o. grin

no mind them... Mary mother of God the father Son and Holy spirit... lmao...
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
alexleo:

Now you ve joined your brother italo to lie against me. Kindly get one place i made such comment as you have said and post it here to shame me and i will apologize. We cant rely on the interpretation of your Pope if thats what you are driving at. We cannot sir.

Please repeat that you do not preach private interpretation of scripture.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 11:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

Please repeat that you do not preach private interpretation of scripture.

I preach that it is the Holy Spirit that has a perfect interpretation of the scripture. that any of us can bend the scriptures to suite our selfish interests and desires thats why need to rely on the Holy Spirit who has the perfect interpretation. This is what i preach. Refer me to any place i preached other wise that i may be shamed and publicly apologise here.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:10pm On Jul 13, 2013
benalvino:

So phil2:6 now refutes John1:1,John1:14. Do I believe you've not read it? Or John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am". Is Jesus God? please no buts...Let the truth set you free.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 11:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

So phil2:6 now refutes John1:1,John1:14. Do I believe you've not read it? Or John 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am". Is Jesus God? please no buts...Let the truth set you free.

dude am a Trinidadian you get... I can quote verses for you that Tells you Jesus is God... This one i gave you Phil shows Jesus was God before he became flesh... so How can marry be mother of God when the God was already God from the beginning John 1:1 and he created the world she is in.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
alexleo:

I preach that it is the Holy Spirit that has a perfect interpretation of the scripture. that any of us can bend the scriptures to suite our selfish interests and desires thats why need to rely on the Holy Spirit who has the perfect interpretation. This is what i preach. Refer me to any place i preached other wise that i may be shamed and publicly apologise here.

Please tell me why you think the people saying the prayer in question(which they got from the bible), did not rely on the Holy Spirit to teach them. And why you think the Holy Spirit is the one teaching you.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
benalvino:

dude am a Trinidadian you get... I can quote verses for you that Tells you Jesus is God... This one i gave you Phil shows Jesus was God before he became flesh... so How can marry be mother of God when the God was already God from the beginning John 1:1 and he created the world she is in.

Was Jesus God while in the womb of Mary?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Debroslink: 11:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
How can Mary, whom Jesus created become his mother? Jesus that has been existing before Adam suddenly have a mother? Show me in the scriptures where Jesus called Mary "Mother"? NAWA for these Catholic peeps ooh
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
^^^See question above.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Debroslink: 11:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

yes He was God. no? Tell me how a virgin became pregnant without natural order called sex?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 11:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

Read phil 2:6 again...
read till u understand
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
Debroslink:

yes He was God. no? Tell me how a virgin became pregnant without natural order called sex?

Keep it simple please Yes or no. Was Jesus God in the womb of Mary?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
benalvino:

Read phil 2:6 again...
read till u understand

Only the truth shall set you free. Was Jesus God in the womb of Mary?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Debroslink: 11:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

Syncan:

didn't u see my answer?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:25pm On Jul 13, 2013
Debroslink:

didn't u see my answer?

Please bro, do confirm it.Yes or No

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do People Change Church? / A Question To My Friends Who Are Believers / Who Is My Neighbour.?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.