Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,371 members, 7,900,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:04 PM

What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. (7104 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / Is This Really Happening In Church Today? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 9:27pm On Jul 15, 2013
benalvino:

He forgot who also created Adam and the earth... Jesus has always exist so his argument is void

Since when did you start talking to me indirectly? My post was to you, because I considered it a duty I owe after you were the only one bold enough to answer.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2013
Syncan:

Since when did you start talking to me indirectly? My post was to you, because I considered it a duty I owe after you were the only one bold enough to answer.

Was jesus God before he came to earth?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 9:40pm On Jul 15, 2013
alexleo:

My friend, the question you asked was irrelevant so no need bothering myself to answer it. For all i care, the bible never called Mary mother of God. The birth of Jesus through Mary was a divine plan and had a supernatural touch. Its not exactly the same way you and i were born so leave that story of mother of God. it doesnt hold water. Thanks.

Alexleo, Alexleo, Alexleo, God does not need anyone to defend his dignity, He is God, if He decides to come into the womb of a mere creature of His, it is His choice. Don't act as if he made a mistake, or as if you are ashamed of that His action. God came to dwell in the womb of a woman, a virgin in nazareth, her name is Mary.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2013
benalvino:

Was jesus God before he came to earth?

Yes. " In the begining was the word..."
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 9:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
Syncan:

Yes. " In the begining was the word..."
So how is mary the mother of God with your answer... You acknowledge he exist and has always exist... So how can mary be mother of God.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2013
Syncan:

Alexleo, Alexleo, Alexleo, God does not need anyone to defend his dignity, He is God, if He decides to come into the womb of a mere creature of His, it is His choice. Don't act as if he made a mistake, or as if you are ashamed of that His action. God came to dwell in the womb of a woman, a virgin in nazareth, her name is Mary.

Exactly what am saying that it was purely a divine act from God. That does not make Mary mother of God. If in the whole of the scriptures the bible never called Mary the mother of God then you people have no right to do that. Leave the matter as divine as it is. If you want us to look at it from the natural angle that you people are viewing it then you must tell us who is the father of God. Mary carried Jesus in the womb by the divine act of God through the Holy Spirit> can the Holy Spirit be called the father of God, in line with your mother of God invention? Pls answer.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 10:49pm On Jul 15, 2013
benalvino:
So how is mary the mother of God with your answer... You acknowledge he exist and has always exist... So how can mary be mother of God.

God came to dwell in her womb, She carried God for nine months, She gave birth to God in bethlehem and the magi came to adore Him. Praise the Lord!
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
alexleo:

Exactly what am saying that it was purely a divine act from God. That does not make Mary mother of God. If in the whole of the scriptures the bible never called Mary the mother of God then you people have no right to do that. Leave the matter as divine as it is. If you want us to look at it from the natural angle that you people are viewing it then you must tell us who is the father of God. Mary carried Jesus in the womb by the divine act of God through the Holy Spirit> can the Holy Spirit be called the father of God, in line with your mother of God invention? Pls answer.

I will answer because you put pls. By the action of God(Holy spirit), God(Son) incarnated in the womb of the ever blessed virgin Mary, He who has God(father) as father from all ages, yet one God forever.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by shdemidemi(m): 11:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
Syncan:

God came to dwell in her womb, She carried God for nine months, She gave birth to God in bethlehem and the magi came to adore Him. Praise the Lord!

The baby in the womb was 100% righteous, with no sin nature unlike the other kids the same Mary had for Joseph. Christ did not come to the world as a man, he came like a man, Mary being the vessel used by grace. Stop this nonsense mother of God doctrine because Christ did not come to the world to present Mary, He came to present a gospel of salvation. How he came to the world and the other things he did while on earth (outside the gospel) were merely for history purposes. (no spiritual connotation whatsoever)
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 11:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
Syncan:

Lol where did the bible says he dwell in her womb. Ok let me just agree... So we can go on... When you say she is the mother of God it means she exist before God you gree... If yes then your statement is void. If no you statement is still void.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
shdemidemi:

The baby in the womb was 100% righteous, with no sin nature unlike the other kids the same Mary had for Joseph. Christ did not come to the world as a man, he came like a man, Mary being the vessel used by grace. Stop this nonsense mother of God doctrine because Christ did not come to the world to present Mary, He came to present a gospel of salvation. How he came to the world and the other things he did while on earth (outside the gospel) were merely for history purposes. (no spiritual connotation whatsoever)

Hahaha,Thought you claim to know scriptures, how come we now know the scriptures better. Who said a mere mortal will pass through that womb? Oh, other children indeed. pls read:

Ezekiel 44:2 Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
benalvino:
Lol where did the bible says he dwell in her womb. Ok let me just agree... So we can go on... When you say she is the mother of God it means she exist before God you gree... If yes then your statement is void. If no you statement is still void.

Of the lot, you have most courage to face truth, even if it is reluctantly. In matters of faith, just look and identify truth, it doesn't matter what you've known.

I wanted to answer your question but you said no need, since it will be void anyway.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by shdemidemi(m): 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2013
Syncan:

Hahaha,Thought you claim to know scriptures, how come we now know the scriptures better. Who said a mere mortal will pass through that womb? Oh, other children indeed. pls read:

Ezekiel 44:2 Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut.

•Acts 1:14 - "These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers."

•1 Cor. 9:4-5 - "Do we not have a right to eat and drink? Do we not have a right to take along a believing wife, even as the rest of the apostles, and the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?"

•Gal. 1:19 - But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lords brother."

What are you talking about?

Who lied to you that Ezekiel 44:2 was talking about Mary's womb?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 7:38am On Jul 16, 2013
shdemidemi:

•Acts 1:14 - "These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers."

•1 Cor. 9:4-5 - "Do we not have a right to eat and drink? Do we not have a right to take along a believing wife, even as the rest of the apostles, and the brothers of the Lord, and Cephas?"

•Gal. 1:19 - But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lords brother."

What are you talking about?

Who lied to you that Ezekiel 44:2 was talking about Mary's womb?

Oh Ignorance! What have you done to my generation! How are the mighty fallen! Who puffed up in pride thinketh themselves authority in the Scriptures,sitting in judgement over their fellow men, condemning people and calling numerous liars, yet themselves groping in lack of knowledge.

Why not compare these scriptures:

1."Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him".(Mk6:3)

With this:

"There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome".Mk15:40

And who is this Mary mother of James and Joses? St. John says:

"Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene". John19:25

Indeed, the gate remained shut!
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by shdemidemi(m): 8:03am On Jul 16, 2013
^^^^Am I surprised at your response, absolutely not, You are only a victim of a religion. How does the words of the apostle that I paste relate with the account of Mark that you pasted. Why don't you address the verses I pasted instead of taking me to where your fathers have used to confuse you.

You quoted Ezekiel 44:2, how does this verse relate with Mary that found grace like you and I?

You had better read the book in context and not to back a silly argument!
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 8:11am On Jul 16, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^^Am I surprised at your response, absolutely not, You are only a victim of a religion. How does the words of the apostle that I paste relate with the account of Mark that you pasted. Why don't you address the verses I pasted instead of taking me to where your fathers have used to confuse you.

You quoted Ezekiel 44:2, how does this verse relate with Mary that found grace like you and I?

I did not address the verses you quoted? Seriously? You quoted verses with the phrase "brothers of the lord", I helped you out by quoting passages Identifying those "brothers" by name. Then went further to quote passages showing the relationship to avoid misconception. You missed all these? I can't believe this! You can do better than this bro, Only the truth shall set you free.

Ezekiel 44:2 " Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut".

And the gate remained shut.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by shdemidemi(m): 8:24am On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan:

I did not address the verses you quoted? Seriously? You quoted verses with the phrase "brothers of the lord", I helped you out by quoting passages Identifying those "brothers" by name. Then went further to quote passages showing the relationship to avoid misconception. You missed all these? I can't believe this! You can do better than this bro, Only the truth shall set you free.

Ezekiel 44:2 " Then said the LORD unto me; This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the LORD, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut".

And the gate remained shut.

You are not making sense atall, 'and the gate remained shut'. Did they programme you in a certain way in your church? No substance to back your father's doctrine. Anyways, the fact remains that Mary, Christ's brothers and sisters, the disciples have nothing to do with the gospel of God. They were all a means to an end, face the gospel and stop letting wicked men lead your soul astray.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 9:05am On Jul 16, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are not making sense atall, 'and the gate remained shut'. Did they programme you in a certain way [quote author=shdemidemi]

You are not making sense atall, 'and the gate remained shut'. Did they programme you in a certain way in your church? No substance to back your father's doctrine. Anyways, the fact remains that Mary, Christ's brothers and sisters, the disciples have nothing to do with the gospel of God. They were all a means to an end, face the gospel and stop letting wicked men lead your soul astray.

A good thing you know the bolded.

So if Jesus could come to men through Mary, why can men not go to Jesus through Mary?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 9:40am On Jul 16, 2013
shdemidemi:

You protestants have a funny way of reading verses and ignoring the preceding and/or the following verses.

Let me help you.

Acts 1

13 And when they had entered, they went up into the upper room where they were staying: Peter, James, John, and Andrew; Philip and Thomas; Bartholomew and Matthew; James the son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot; and Judas the son of James. 

15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples[c] (altogether the number of names was about a hundred and twenty), and said,

The total number was 120, the apostles were 11, the women were only a few...

Are you telling me that Jesus' brothers (Mary's male children, not counting the female yet) were about 100 or more?

You wan kill our mama for us abi?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by shdemidemi(m): 9:43am On Jul 16, 2013
italo: A good thing you know the bolded.

So if Jesus could come to men through Mary, why can men not go to Jesus through Mary?

That is a logic you are inferring and your own personal postulation, lets leave the scriptures as it is.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by shdemidemi(m): 9:46am On Jul 16, 2013
italo:

You protestants have a funny way of reading verses and ignoring the preceding and/or the following verses.

Let me help you.

Acts 1

13 And when they had entered, they went up into the upper room where they were staying: Peter, James, John, and Andrew; Philip and Thomas; Bartholomew and Matthew; James the son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot; and Judas the son of James. 

15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples[c] (altogether the number of names was about a hundred and twenty), and said,

The total number was 120, the apostles were 11, the women were only a few...

Are you telling me that Jesus' brothers (Mary's male children, not counting the female yet) were about 100 or more?

You wan kill our mama for us abi?

What sort of question is this?

did the scripture say all the people in the upper room are Jesus' brothers?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 9:47am On Jul 16, 2013
shdemidemi:

Lies! Lies! Lies! What made no sense to you? Thank me first for enlightening you on those passages. Sorry...I forgot,pride will not let you. I am quoting scriptures and you are calling wicked men, is that the best you can do?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by shdemidemi(m): 9:50am On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan:

Lies! Lies! Lies! What made no sense to you? Thank me first for enlightening you on those passages. Sorry...I forgot,pride will not let you. I am quoting scriptures and you are calling wicked men, is that the best you can do?

You must be a jokester...Listen and listen well, Mary has got nothing to do with the power of God unto salvation. SIMPLES

Even Jesus that walked on the face of the earth is not the same Christ we know now.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 9:54am On Jul 16, 2013
shdemidemi:

You must be a jokester...Listen and listen well, Mary has got nothing to do with the power of God unto salvation. SIMPLES

Even Jesus that walked on the face of the earth is not the same Christ we know now.

@ the sentence in bold, Seriously? May we know the one you know now.

*drawing my chair close, and ready for lectures*
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 10:08am On Jul 16, 2013
shdemidemi:

Oh! First there were two gospels; now there are two Christs?

Everything na double double for this Shdemidemi guy.

Soon there might be two Gods.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 10:18am On Jul 16, 2013
shdemidemi:

That is a logic you are inferring and your own personal postulation, lets leave the scriptures as it is.

But you are the one distorting scriptures.

Look at what you said:
shdemidemi:

But scripture says in Hebrews 13:8:

JESUS CHRIST IS THE SAME YESTERDAY AND TODAY AND FOREVER!

Can a true Child of God say amen?

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by shdemidemi(m): 10:38am On Jul 16, 2013
16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

bro, read leviticus 16. find Christ in the story(the scape goat), you would understand the mystery of the Christ that died and the risen Christ.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 12:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
italo:

But you are the one distorting scriptures.

Look at what you said:

But scripture says in Hebrews 13:8:

JESUS CHRIST IS THE SAME YESTERDAY AND TODAY AND FOREVER!

Can a true Child of God say amen?

Amen!
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 1:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan:

I will answer because you put pls. By the action of God(Holy spirit), God(Son) incarnated in the womb of the ever blessed virgin Mary, He who has God(father) as father from all ages, yet one God forever.

There is no long talk in this thing bros. I want bible and not all these talk talk. I know that the bible mentioned- children of God, sons of God and Son of God but i ve never seen where the bible mentioned MOTHER OF GOD. Show me where it is mentioned in the scriptutre if you have any to show. And also show me where it mentioned father of God too. Or is the god you are talking about a bastard? who has mother and no father?
I dont need human explanations please. Just show me in the bible where the statement is made. thanks.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
alexleo:

There is no long talk in this thing bros. I want bible and not all these talk talk. I know that the bible mentioned- children of God, sons of God and Son of God but i ve never seen where the bible mentioned MOTHER OF GOD. Show me where it is mentioned in the scriptutre if you have any to show. And also show me where it mentioned father of God too. Or is the god you are talking about a bastard? who has mother and no father?
I dont need human explanations please. Just show me in the bible where the statement is made. thanks.

If you show me where "Bible" was written, Pronto I will show you what you request. I implore you Alexleo, let the truth set you free. Earlier it was the disrespectful debroslink shouting show me "Son of Mary". I have shown you "Son of Mary" (Mk6:3), I have shown you the the child is "mighty God"(Isaiah9:6)and the Mother is "Mary" (Mk6:3). What else do you need? Ok, since you want to fool around, give me the answer to what I asked, I will give you again, what you request.

There is a school rhyme that goes like this:

Say the truth, say the truth
I will always say the truth

To my Daddy, to my Mummy
I will always say the truth.

To my auntie to my uncle

To my brother to my sister
etc.

Only the truth shall set you free.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 2:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
Syncan:

If you show me where "Bible" was written, Pronto I will show you what you request. I implore you Alexleo, let the truth set you free. Earlier it was the disrespectful debroslink shouting show me "Son of Mary". I have shown you "Son of Mary" (Mk6:3), I have shown you the the child is "mighty God"(Isaiah9:6)and the Mother is "Mary" (Mk6:3). What else do you need? Ok, since you want to fool around, give me the answer to what I asked, I will give you again, what you request.

There is a school rhyme that goes like this:

Say the truth, say the truth

To my Daddy, to my Mummy

To my auntie to my uncle

To my brother to my sister
etc.

Only the truth shall set you free.

Is Mary God?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
benalvino:

Is Mary God?

No my dear friend, She is not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do People Change Church? / A Question To My Friends Who Are Believers / Who Is My Neighbour.?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.