Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,739 members, 7,935,201 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 12:20 AM

What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. (7154 Views)

Cash Crunch: Tithes, Offerings Drop In Churches / Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / Is This Really Happening In Church Today? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Debroslink: 11:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

Only the truth shall set you free. Was Jesus God in the womb of Mary?

and who the hell is Mary? Show me in the bible where Jesus called her "Mother"?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
Debroslink:

and who the hell is Mary? Show me in the bible where Jesus called her "Mother"?

Now you do not know who she is? See why I asked for confirmation? Thought you knew. A simple question.

Was Jesus God in the Womb of Mary?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 11:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

Please tell me why you think the people saying the prayer in question(which they got from the bible), did not rely on the Holy Spirit to teach them. And why you think the Holy Spirit is the one teaching you.

Ahhhhh i thought you were going to show me where i quoted what you accused me of. Has it suddenly disappeared or are you admitting that you lied against me?

Now to the question you asked. I ask, What is the purpose of ignoring the teachings of Christ about what we should do to our enemies and those who offended us to continue with what the law said about it in the old testament? Is the law more than Christ or are they still living in the old testament. If they are living in the old testament why are they praying in the name of Jesus? If you must pray in the name of Jesus then you must keep to the instructions of Jesus concerning the issue you are praying for. No wuruwuru in this thing. Its very plain and simple.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 11:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

Only the truth shall set you free. Was Jesus God in the womb of Mary?

you can't seem to grasp anything... Jesus exist before Mary he created her he is eternal he is alpha and omega... And at the right time he became flesh he was God before the incarnation... So how can Mary be the mother of God?

Ok I start in another way The Son’s existence did not begin with His conception in Mary’s womb. He was alive in eternity (cf. Micah 5:2), and, at the right time in history, He became flesh (John 1:1,14). Paul put it this way: “But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law” (Galatians 4:4). On the other hand, Mary came into a time-bound world long after the creation of the Universe. She, like all human beings, was not eternal. She was not divine, not “from everlasting to everlasting” (Micah 5:2). She could not have provided an eternal nature to her Son. He is Deity. He is the “eternally blessed God” (Romans 9:5) how can U born a God that existed not only exist but created all things? Now U know why Jesus never even called her mother!!

in addition to my earlier reply... Consider how Jesus explained His divine nature. When addressing the Pharisees, He asked them: “‘What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?’ They said to Him, ‘The son of David.’ He said to them, ‘How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord’.... If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?’” (Matthew 22:42-45). The Pharisees failed to answer the question correctly because they were thinking about the physical nature of the Messiah. While Christ was a physical descendant of David (cf. Luke 1:32; Matthew 1:1), according to His divine nature He did not have a physical father, since He Himself is before all (John 8:58). In the same way that David could not be the father of the divine Messiah since he called Him “Lord,” Mary cannot be the “Mother of God” since she calls Him “Lord” in Luke 1:38,46-47. The truth is, as Paul explains, “according to the flesh, Christ came” through the patriarchs, David, and, yes, Mary, but according to His deity, He is the “eternally blessed God” who is over all (Romans 9:5).

you dont think you just follow men.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 11:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
Syncan:

Now you do not know who she is? See why I asked for confirmation? Thought you knew. A simple question.

Was Jesus God in the Womb of Mary?

And you that knows Mary, why dont you kindly provide him with quotation he requested of. or are you defending what you are not sure of? bros.....no fall my hand o.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 11:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
benalvino:

Let the bible decide bro...
let the bible be the instrument.
anyone that says their religion is the one truth faith are desperate... all of them.
let the bible decide who is the truth minister...
we are not both right... the bible backs my ministering so what backs yours? show us where marry is called queen of heaven? or mother of God?

Why are you the one to decide the test instrument?

I even went to the Bible and it told me that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth.

Even if we were to go with your preferred instrument, where does the Bible say "Mary is not the queen of heaven?" The Bible backs my ministering; what backs yours?

But who put you in the position to choose what instrument all Christians should use to test the spirit?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
alexleo:

Haaaa you lied against me in the bolded o. If i claimed everyone have a right to interpret bible their own way why am I against catholics and their worship of Mary since they have an interpretation to that? I said that everybody gives his or her interpretation of the scriptures but any interpretation that does not come from the Holy Ghost is not it. Thats why we need to ask the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truths.
This has been my stand. I wonder where you got the false accusation you are heaping on me. Feel free sha.

So who decides which of the millions of interpretations of the Christian faith is from the Holy Spirit? You?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
italo:

Why are you the one to decide the test instrument?

I even went to the Bible and it told me that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth.

Even if we were to go with your preferred instrument, where does the Bible say "Mary is not the queen of heaven?" The Bible backs my ministering; what backs yours?

But who put you in the position to choose what instrument all Christians should use to test the spirit?

am not deciding dude... am saying use the right instrument. abi you want to use economics text book study the Gospel?
what is the final authority? the church or the bible?
if the bible doesn't talk about something at all then that thing is considered true? its like saying Moses is the king of heaven because the bible did not say he is not the king... what kind of kool-aid are they giving you guys?

am not choosing i am telling you to use the right tool... easy. the bible is the right tool am not choosing it for you. fact is fact... bible is the truth... tell me what else will you use?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 11:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
alexleo:

I said it that your mission here is not about Chosen or even my so called hypocrisy which you accused me of, you are simply here to defend your catholics and Mary worship. Go ahead with whatever you want to believe but make sure you are in line with God who you will stand before his judgment throne at last. This has been my advice to all of us, including me. God help us.

You are now God that sees my mind, right?

I said I got on this thread to reveal your hypocrisy.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
benalvino:

you can't seem to grasp anything... Jesus exist before Mary he created her he is eternal he is alpha and omega... And at the right time he became flesh he was God before the incarnation... So how can Mary be the mother of God?

Ok I start in another way The Son’s existence did not begin with His conception in Mary’s womb. He was alive in eternity (cf. Micah 5:2), and, at the right time in history, He became flesh (John 1:1,14). Paul put it this way: “But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law” (Galatians 4:4). On the other hand, Mary came into a time-bound world long after the creation of the Universe. She, like all human beings, was not eternal. She was not divine, not “from everlasting to everlasting” (Micah 5:2). She could not have provided an eternal nature to her Son. He is Deity. He is the “eternally blessed God” (Romans 9:5) how can U born a God that existed not only exist but created all things? Now U know why Jesus never even called her mother!!

in addition to my earlier reply... Consider how Jesus explained His divine nature. When addressing the Pharisees, He asked them: “‘What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?’ They said to Him, ‘The son of David.’ He said to them, ‘How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord’.... If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?’” (Matthew 22:42-45). The Pharisees failed to answer the question correctly because they were thinking about the physical nature of the Messiah. While Christ was a physical descendant of David (cf. Luke 1:32; Matthew 1:1), according to His divine nature He did not have a physical father, since He Himself is before all (John 8:58). In the same way that David could not be the father of the divine Messiah since he called Him “Lord,” Mary cannot be the “Mother of God” since she calls Him “Lord” in Luke 1:38,46-47. The truth is, as Paul explains, “according to the flesh, Christ came” through the patriarchs, David, and, yes, Mary, but according to His deity, He is the “eternally blessed God” who is over all (Romans 9:5).

you dont think you just follow men.

Nnaa Mehn! See handout for simple question. Was Jesus God in the womb of Mary?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 11:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
alexleo:

Ahhhhh i thought you were going to show me where i quoted what you accused me of. Has it suddenly disappeared or are you admitting that you lied against me?

Now to the question you asked. I ask, What is the purpose of ignoring the teachings of Christ about what we should do to our enemies and those who offended us to continue with what the law said about it in the old testament? Is the law more than Christ or are they still living in the old testament. If they are living in the old testament why are they praying in the name of Jesus? If you must pray in the name of Jesus then you must keep to the instructions of Jesus concerning the issue you are praying for. No wuruwuru in this thing. Its very plain and simple.

What quotation do you need? Did you not just confirm it again? You said the Holy Spirit teaches, Is it not to individuals, Privately? What exactly did i say you preach? Is it not private Interpretation? Do I copy and paste what is clear on this thread for you? Meanwhile I said, what makes you think it is the Holy spirit teaching you and not them?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 12:02am On Jul 14, 2013
alexleo:

And you that knows Mary, why dont you kindly provide him with quotation he requested of. or are you defending what you are not sure of? bros.....no fall my hand o.

Which quotation be that? I say again. Was Jesus God in the womb of Mary?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by benalvino(m): 12:02am On Jul 14, 2013
Syncan:

You they pass for school at all?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Debroslink: 12:05am On Jul 14, 2013
Syncan:

Let the bible be the judge of this matter. I said show me in d bible where
1. Jesus called Mary "Mother"
2. Jesus was called "the son of Mary"
Answer ANY of these two questions or be silent on this matter forever.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 12:18am On Jul 14, 2013
John2:1 "And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there

John19:25 "Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother..."

John19:26 "When Jesus therefore saw his mother...

Acts1:14 "These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus..."

So numerous they are that I wonder how they escaped you.

Now, Was Jesus God in the womb of Mary?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Debroslink: 12:22am On Jul 14, 2013
Syncan: John2:1 "And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there

Acts1:14 "These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus..."

all these are TRASH because they didn't answer the 2 questions I posted.
Lemme repeat them for the last time:

I said show me in d bible where
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 3:56am On Jul 14, 2013
benalvino:

the bible will only decide if you agree with it... like it says never use a carved object to worship God... but caths do it... they use doll baby to do what the bible says not to do...
Are you saying Joshua used carved objects to worship God in Joshua 7:6?
benalvino:
One God, 3 distinct persons... father, son and holy spirit.., marry mother of god means mother of the father, mother of the son, mother of the holy spirit.

This is not Catholic teaching but yours.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 4:05am On Jul 14, 2013
benalvino:

read phil 2:6.... Jesus is God but if he exist before marry gave birth to him as human how is she the mother of God? you people need to think. cant you ask your self how she is not God but gave birth to God? think man...

Jesus = God.

Mary = Mother of Jesus

Mary = Mother of God.

It seems it is you who needs to think.

Who said she has to be God to give birth to God?

The people that carried the baby Jesus in their arms, did they have to be God to carry God?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 4:17am On Jul 14, 2013
So none of you hypocrites can answer the simple question with a yes or no.

Was Jesus God in Mary's womb?

Dont you even have any shame, "Christians" (followers of Christ) that cannot speak simple truth.

No wonder you're anti-Catholic.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 4:23am On Jul 14, 2013
Debroslink:

After God calls Mary "mother of Jesus" several times in the Bible, you are still bent on portraying yourself as mentally deficient.

Why?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by italo: 4:36am On Jul 14, 2013
benalvino:

am not deciding dude... am saying use the right instrument. abi you want to use economics text book study the Gospel?
what is the final authority? the church or the bible?
if the bible doesn't talk about something at all then that thing is considered true? its like saying Moses is the king of heaven because the bible did not say he is not the king... what kind of kool-aid are they giving you guys?

am not choosing i am telling you to use the right tool... easy. the bible is the right tool am not choosing it for you. fact is fact... bible is the truth... tell me what else will you use?

You are trying to force your opinion on me.

A quick look at history shows that the NT as we have it was compiled 400years after Jesus' death. So it cannot be the final authority.

A quick look at the Bible shows that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth.

A never-ending look at the Bible shows that the Bible never even mentions "Bible" so who came up with this concept of choosing certain books, discarding others and calling it "Bible?"

The Church.

So who then should decide who is right between us?

The Bible, which neither Jesus nor his apostles mentioned...

Or the Church Jesus built?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 5:51am On Jul 14, 2013
italo: So none of you hypocrites can answer the simple question with a yes or no.

Was Jesus God in Mary's womb?

Dont you even have any shame, "Christians" (followers of Christ) that cannot speak simple truth.

No wonder you're anti-Catholic.

The lies you heaped against me you haven't cleared it and you have the guts to call people hypochrites. U dey try. I said it that your mission here is simply to defend your idol worship, now am vindicated. Do you not best represent that word "hypochrite"?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 5:58am On Jul 14, 2013
italo:

You are trying to force your opinion on me.

A quick look at history shows that the NT as we have it was compiled 400years after Jesus' death. So it cannot be the final authority.

A quick look at the Bible shows that the Church is the pillar and foundation of truth.

A never-ending look at the Bible shows that the Bible never even mentions "Bible" so who came up with this concept of choosing certain books, discarding others and calling it "Bible?"

The Church.

So who then should decide who is right between us?

The Bible, which neither Jesus nor his apostles mentioned...

Or the Church Jesus built?

Now I know your problem. Quite a big problem. Only God can help you out. No wonder a huge majority of atheists are ex-catholics. Because of the confusion they are creating for you people there. May God save you people. Amen.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 6:01am On Jul 14, 2013
Syncan: John2:1 "And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there

Where did Jesus call her mother? Simple question he asked.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 6:07am On Jul 14, 2013
Syncan:

Bros you don run enter inside trouble water o. The reply I gave you is based on the psalm 109 you quoted to support the devilish prayer that I mentioned in the OP. How come you are confusing it with your Mary talk? Come back home pls.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 6:29am On Jul 14, 2013
Debroslink:

I quoted the scriptures and you call them "TRASH".You should be ashamed of your self as christian and any one who regards you as one should really feel same. Oh, I forgot, your father in protest, Martin Luther, called the epistle of James, "epistle of trash(straw)",when it was used in refuting one of his heresies.Ok, the bible said "Mary the mother of Jesus" but did not say "Jesus the Son of Mary" isn't it? Keep posting, your high intellect is noted.
Look at you, you want to silence me on the truth.Do I even repeat my question to you again? Well just to be fair to all,Was Jesus God in the womb of Mary?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 6:46am On Jul 14, 2013
alexleo:

Bros you don run enter inside trouble water o. The reply I gave you is based on the psalm 109 you quoted to support the devilish prayer that I mentioned in the OP. How come you are confusing it with your Mary talk? Come back home pls.

You said this:

alexleo:

And I responded:

Syncan:

Now you say:

alexleo:

Please who brought Mary into our talk, myself or you? Now we see who is confusing things. Meanwhile the question is still here since yesterday Was Jesus God in the womb of Mary?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Debroslink: 6:56am On Jul 14, 2013
Syncan:

I quoted the scriptures and you call them "TRASH".You should be ashamed of your self as christian and any one who regards you as one should really feel same. Oh, I forgot, your father in protest, Martin Luther, called the epistle of James, "epistle of trash(straw)",when it was used in refuting one of his heresies.Ok, the bible said "Mary the mother of Jesus" but did not say "Jesus the Son of Mary" isn't it? Keep posting, your high intellect is noted.
Look at you, you want to silence me on the truth.Do I even repeat my question to you again? Well just to be fair to all,Was Jesus God in the womb of Mary?
Jesus was and always be God even in her womb. So what's d big deal? Throughout the bible, Jesus called her "Woman". The problem with u Catholics is YOU WORSHIP A MORTAL BEING which is called IDOLATORY. There is no where in the scriptures where Mary was worshipped.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 6:58am On Jul 14, 2013
alexleo:

Where did Jesus call her mother? Simple question he asked.

The one who gave birth to you is your Mother only because you call her "Mother" right? If you don't call her "Mother", she does not become your mother. Interesting! Mothers will be hailing your intelligence right now.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 7:04am On Jul 14, 2013
Debroslink:
Jesus was and always be God even in her womb. So what's d big deal? Throughout the bible, Jesus called her "Woman". The problem with u Catholics is YOU WORSHIP A MORTAL BEING which is called IDOLATORY. There is no where in the scriptures where Mary was worshipped.

I have learned to sieve the wheat from the weed in your post. Now on the one in Bold, It means Mary carried Jesus(God) in her Womb for Nine months and gave birth to Jesus(God) in Bethlehem. True or False?

Never mind that it took you so long to come to this, yet you couldn't say it(an obvious truth), without raising another accusation, all the same we shall move gradually.
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by Syncan(m): 7:07am On Jul 14, 2013
benalvino:
You they pass for school at all?

Was Jesus God in the womb of Mary?
Re: What Is Happening In Churches? This Is Really Bad O. by alexleo(m): 7:23am On Jul 14, 2013
Syncan:

What quotation do you need? Did you not just confirm it again? You said the Holy Spirit teaches, Is it not to individuals, Privately? What exactly did i say you preach? Is it not private Interpretation? Do I copy and paste what is clear on this thread for you? Meanwhile I said, what makes you think it is the Holy spirit teaching you and not them?

It is the Holy Spirit that guides us into all truth. You want to saY its your pope? God forbid. Now I know you are operating on a different platform. Too bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

You Thought Jesus Was A Carpenter, As In A Furniture Maker? / Jesus Told His Disciples To Take A Donkey And Colt Without The Owner's Consent / Can A Jehovahs Witness Member Become A Medical Doctor?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.