Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,524 members, 7,908,433 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 06:19 AM

Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! - TV/Movies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! (115690 Views)

Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos] / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 2! Register Online Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Ralvy(m): 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2007
The Best House mate ever; Lerato
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2007
Hopefully homegirl doesnt come up for nominations

I will want to see Bertha vs Kwaku and Lerato up

We need to boot them all out

They think they make the show flabby
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by jjuummaaii(f): 8:10pm On Sep 17, 2007
i need yu guys to tell me what u feel about this nonsense twist bb is bringing.
does it actually make sence
where is lawyerchap?
i need answers b4 i loose it
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 17, 2007
which twist?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 8:26pm On Sep 17, 2007
jjuummaaii:

i need yu guys to tell me what u feel about this nonsense twist bb is bringing.
does it actually make sence
where is lawyerchap?
i need answers before i loose it

It doesnt make sense he is just trying to play on the viewers.

Biggie doesnt want Lerato to leave now.He is smart but stupid because the untouchables must go.

I hate this BBA.Na thrash

Hope homegirl and Kwaku get to be evicted to the penthouse
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2007
@9ja4eva

so do i

the twist does turn all the cliques on their head

i think richard has a naija touch abt him

the way he responds when he is angry
even when he exclaims he says 'ehn' and other naija reponses

he just makes me laugh especially when he mimicked psquare song
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by jjuummaaii(f): 10:15pm On Sep 17, 2007
i think its a big ploy to keep lerato a little bit longer even if they want to play it like a re-uniting mission but the fact remains that they knew if L is left for possible eviction she would have bowed out no doubt.somehow eventhough i'm pissed bout the whole thing a part of me just feels like being patient and waiting for events to unfold.
i still dey wait for lawyerchap ooooooooo, make he come analyse all this matter for us.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by uchetobi(f): 8:54am On Sep 18, 2007
yea wassup eith the fake evictions? its just a ploy to keep Lerato in the house, no doubt about it
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 8:54am On Sep 18, 2007
Wow! Biggy is at it again o. I know i said there was always room for a twist in the tale, but i didn't see this coming. Fake Eviction? Whatever will Biggy think of next to try to prolong Lerato's stay in the house? I'm beginning to get really upset with Biggy.

The nominations played out much like we anticipated, with the Big 5 going enmasse for Lerato and Bertha. I wonder how they reached the consensus. However they did it, it was brilliant and had two of the infamous Untouchables in our gun sights. The Untouchables themselves are not as brilliant though. They still managed to split their votes, with Lerato and Bertha going after Maureen and Code while Kwaku went for Code and Richard. the final result had lerato and Bertha on 5 nominations each while Code had 3. So it would have been a toss-up between Thunder Thighs and the Hippo. I was relieved to see Code nominate Lerato and Bertha, because i still entertained a tiny doubt that he could surprise us and betray the Big 5. Mamus2010 saw this before i did and called it correctly. Kudos Girl!

But Biggy had to step in with his 'twist' which i think was engineered to benefit the untouchables. Biggy knows that with the clear numerical advantage of the Big 5 it is only a matter of time before all the untouchables are eliminated from the house. So the idea is to plant a seed of discord within the ranks of the Big 5 and by so doing, get them to view themselves as no different from the Untouchables, i.e completely untrustworthy.

Biggy announced the nominees for Eviction Row as those with the least nominations, namely Kwaku, Tatiana and homegirl Ofunneka. (Tatiana as the new Head of House - won by a toss up between Kwaku and Tatiana on the Wheel of Doom - substituted herself with Lerato. Ironic. Because Tatiana has been craving a visit to the Penthouse and now that she's HOH there is no Penthouse for her, instead it is the person she substituted who gets to go to the penthouse. Or hold that thought. She should be going to the Penthouse this week, not next week. So she still gets to go to the penthouse after all. The whole HOH substitution and Max's eviction seems to have messed up my reckoning calendar). However, the housemates think that these people had the most nominations. Which would be very puzzling if you were a member of the Big 5 because you would realize that the Untouchables clearly lack the numerical strength to bring about such an outcome. And that would have you looking within your camp for possible traitors. Voila, numerical advantage erased.

Except you are really smart (like Lerato, sad to say) and begin to think through the possible causes of this situation. The Soweto girl actually thought it through and came up with the hypotheses that either there was trouble within the Big 5 or Biggy rigged the results. However, she framed the latter hypothesis as rhetoric and quickly discarded it (We don't have the numbers to have put you in that spot. So, what, Biggy rigged the results? Lerato speaking on what she was going to say to Ofunneka to show her that her group nominated her). She didn't realize how close to the truth she was and i prayed she would tell Ofunneka, because homegirl would have figured it out in an instant.

I still think however that it isn't going to have the intended effect because however the Big 5 reached their decision to put up Lerato and Bertha, in the same way they will know that they didn't nominate one another. That should leave only the possibilty that Biggy rigged the results. But sadly, none of them is thinking in that direction yet (to my knowledge). I wish Lerato would say this to Ofunneka and all Biggy's scheming would be undone by the very person he would like to see benefit from it. That would be poetic justice indeed.

But Biggy found willing scheming partners in the untouchables and they quickly swung into action to capitalize on the doubt and suspicion sown amongst the Big 5. But they picked Tatiana, whether because she fits the description of 'dumb blonde' or because she was the only one in the jacuzzi with them. Whatever the reason, i doubt that it will work. Kwaku started a fabricated story of how Richard had been playing Tatiana like a puppet since the first week they got into the house. He told of how Richard would call Tatiana over to him and as she approached he would signal to Kwaku to see how docile she had become, and then when they hugged, Richard would make triumphant faces at Kwaku to show he had conquered her.

Smart girl tatiana questioned the story first saying that Richard showed no interest in her nor she in him in the first week and much of the second week, whereupon Kwaku had to make a very weak adjustment to his tale. I think from that point Tatiana knew it was all bullshiznit but she didn't let on though. She got into the flow with them and told them in that delightful accent that reminds me of mafia movies, that nobody plays Tatiana, unless Tatiana wants to play. It was a clever double entendre directed at the Untouchables but which they thought was referring to Richard. Then she left them alone in the jacuzzi to bitch on.

Eviction looks like it will be one person from each camp to try and foster some bonding. I suspect it will be Ofunneka and Lerato (who, by the way, called homegirl a witch again last night. Bertha had exited their room to the Lounge and found Ofunneka awake on the couch and had exclaimed "Ofunneka are you still awake?" Lerato replied "of course, witches sleep by day and scheme by night" though not to homegirl's hearing.) because it would be unseemly to send Kwaku and Ofunneka who do not have a relationship to spend four days together in the penthouse. So it looks like Lerato is headed for the penthouse for the fifth time. But who knows what Biggy will do? Let's watch and see, shall we?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by adechuks(m): 9:05am On Sep 18, 2007
Now I know Lerato is winning this thing.

Lawyerchap, well done!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by jjuummaaii(f): 10:10am On Sep 18, 2007
lawyerchap i knew u'll give me what i needed. this whole twist has made me loose total interest in the whole game. imagine snake Bertha is moving all over the house with her shoulders high, i'm not happy about the whole damn thing, it doesnt make any sense, they knw lerato had lost her HOH to evicted max, they also saw that there was no way she'll be saved if the wheel of change picked Tatiana, and even if it was Kweku there was no guarantee he'll save her since she was up with Bertha, so that wass why they devised a means of keeping her but its all good. if they like they can do fake evictions for the next 4wks when its time we would have her in our pans to fry.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by tsquaure(f): 10:16am On Sep 18, 2007
@ adechuks
i dont quite think so , first it will be too obvious, second everyone is on to their game now so weather they like it or not the hippo is going once she gets nominated which will happen once again
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by adechuks(m): 10:30am On Sep 18, 2007
@tsquare,
Well, that's quite true but if you consider the fact that Lerato won the arrow thing because she had practised before coming to the house, we should not be surprised if she becomes HOH permanently, winning the tasks [which Biggy knows she had rehearsed] every week.

She's only coming out if the public is allowed to vote. And I dont think that is happening.

Really, i have no problems with lerato winning though. She's about the smartest, most loyal person in that house. She true to herself and even has better judgments on morals than Richard.
my opinion though.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Modups1(f): 10:47am On Sep 18, 2007
oooooooooh!!! BB thinks he is smart abi?
i am not really surprised at the twist, bb knows dat his girl rato would have been exited by a landslide voting dats y he devised dis "FAKE EVICTION TWIST"

like i always say, one can only postpone d evil day
our day will still come to evict her & her gang members
anywhich way it goes, she aint gonna win dat prize money. NO WAY!!!

guys remember big brother nigeria? remember when all of a sudden the votin was changed from voting to evict a housemate out to voting to keep your housemate in?
well get ready for a repeat performance here
bb will tell d viewers to vote thier favorite in
while many of us will still think its to evict, we will be unknowingly voting lerato to stay!! shocked

be on d look out
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Ndi(f): 11:45am On Sep 18, 2007
@Lawyerchap

I must say that i am really impressed with your postings, very eloquent and incisive, devoid of typogragphical errors. I was not actually looking out for one though. It makes reading interesting, followed your briefs too in the time of West African Idols and i must really commend your deterity, You never fail your fans, thanks a lot and keep up the good work. Thumbs up!!! cool
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by uchetobi(f): 11:57am On Sep 18, 2007
gd analysis lawyerchap
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by mamus2010(f): 1:14pm On Sep 18, 2007
@ lawyerchap,

that kudos is making my head swell! grin cheesy grin

but really, i was enjoying the nominations until that fateful twist!!! yet another way to keep lerato in much longer! now am hoping big brother announces that 2 people will be evicted and take the original 2 i.e kwaku and ofuneka to the penthouse, giving lerato the impression that she is still in the game! and if that happens, the code camp still have numerical advantage!

but then again, i wonder if biggie is thinking what i'm thinking, and i'd say i guess not!

bba 2 has become a joke to me, i now wait for your analysis to know the happenings in the house cos i'm starting to loose interest!

so does this mean on monday those in the penthouse will not be nominated or get to nominate? is biggie hoping the penthouse experience will bring the camps together? i just wonder!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Ib(f): 1:17pm On Sep 18, 2007
@ lawyerchap, Nice one!!

Didnt think i'd enjoy bb Afrique, Firstlly cos i live in London and is very into BB UK regardless of all the controversy it generates in the UK when its been aired. I happened to be in Naija for the last two months (just returned to London yesterday) OMG big brother africa is on fire, From Meryl to Richard (who i find very amusing and interesting).

And then there's BB Uncut which i watch on Fridays before i set off to the island for my friday nite groove. Glad to see that Nairalanders are there to keep me posted on my BB Afriqu  cravings, So until i return to Africa in two weeks. Ya all keep doing a good job.

OH and by the way, the best BB situation anaylst gets a free gift ON ME if u live in lagos.  wink
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by bebe4u(f): 2:47pm On Sep 18, 2007
that twist of a thing is really crappy, who does bb think he is, oh well he knew the entire africa will go for Lerato's neck infact it would have been interesting to see rato and bertha tie on the number of evicted votes cos of their misgivings in the house.

oh well, whenever bb is really , we voters will show bb we are the real untouchables.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Franknerd(m): 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2007
This fake eviction thing shows that BBA2 is not free and fair just like our elections. My opinion is that BB has failed millions of Africans therefore BB should be evicted Period! I have decided not to watch again unless BB is evicted.

tunes to next movie star! angry sad shocked
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Pamperme: 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2007
I think BB will send fake accent Kwaku and Ofunne mama to the penthouse on Sunday. angry
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2007
I think so too

Biggy is making the whole concept dull.Me wey dey follow from internet don tire

Well Lerato would still be up for eviction against Bertha next week

Home girl gat no issues so far
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by jjuummaaii(f): 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2007
there task this week has to do with Secondary School and i think its good for them cos thats exactly what they've been behaving like lately, they've all been acting like school kids. Kweku seems not to be finding it funny cos he feels the task is too childish for him. they all looked good in their school uniforms though.
Tatiana is very exited about going to the penthouse she's really getin ready,got her cloths 2gether, making her hair and all that. Lerato seems jelous of her and i wonder why, she even said she'll warn her to keep 'her' house in order/tidy and also called her a fool for being so elated.
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 12:53am On Sep 19, 2007
Lerato to go next
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by lawyerchap(m): 8:12am On Sep 19, 2007
jjuummaaii:

there task this week has to do with Secondary School and i think its good for them because thats exactly what they've been behaving like lately, they've all been acting like school kids. Kweku seems not to be finding it funny because he feels the task is too childish for him. they all looked good in their school uniforms though.
Tatiana is very exited about going to the penthouse she's really getin ready,got her cloths 2gether, making her hair and all that. Lerato seems jelous of her and i wonder why, she even said she'll warn her to keep 'her' house in order/tidy and also called her a fool for being so elated.

The housemates really seem to have gotten into school kid character as there was a lot of pranking going on last night. Richard started it all by putting weetabix and other odds and ends like shoes, vases and such in everyone's beds. So there was an unpleasant surprise whenever a housemate plopped down on their bed. Tatiana and Ofunneka swore revenge and homegirl had to skulk around all night waiting for him to go to sleep so she could get her pound of flesh.

She made some weetabix to eat and then stole Richard's favorite exercise stockings from his drawer. then she ladled copious amounts of the weetabix into the stockings and returned them. But she wasn't done with him yet. She put a strip of scotch tape across the back of one of Richard's blazers and used some red paint to write something on the blazer(on the scotch tape actually). She also did the same with his straw hat. The cameras couldn't quite pick out what she wrote but I suspect the results are going to be hilarious this morning.

Biggy asked the housemates to have a debate on wind as an alternative energy source and Lerato, obnoxious loud mouth that she may be, showed quite an amazing grasp of the issue (she still goes as soon as she is nominated, though). Richiana were near mute throughout. I think i only heard a couple of sentences from Tatiana.

Lerato and her crew actually believe that Ofunneka is a real-life witch. This is no longer funny to me. They actually spent time discussing it last night. Lerato said she could never sleep in the same room with homegirl while Kwaku said there was a day he was cleaning the windows and accidentally touched something belonging to Ofunneka(i'm not sure what it was) and he felt like a hex had been put on him. Only Bertha seemed to think it was a bit farfetched. But she was noncommittal, just saying "i don't know o" over and over. How in the world can they think someone is a witch? Is it because their countries are so steeped in voodoo or perhaps because nigerian movies always have an element of the supernatural in them? This is sooo not funny anymore.

I told you homegirl was going to figure out this fake eviction thing. She has already alluded to it when speaking with Richiana. Apparently there was a fake eviction in Big Brother UK and she knows that Biggie could try to pull a stunt like that, particularly as the nominations just do not add up. She knows something is afoot and Biggie is up to no good. That will have the effect of dousing any tension within the Big 5 as they will know that they didn't nominate one another. Quick thinking and very intuitive, homegirl is doing me proud. But does Biggy have a plan B? Let's watch and see how it all unfolds, shall we?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by adechuks(m): 11:20am On Sep 19, 2007
meanwhile, Max gets dumped by fiancee,

Fiancee dumps Max
By Katwishi Bwalya and Joseph Mwenda
Tuesday September 18, 2007 [22:00]
(The article below was published in the Zambian, The Post)

ZAMBIA’S Big Brother Africa 2 housemate Maxwell Chongo has been dumped by his fiancée, Suli Sinkala, for what she terms his foolish behaviour while in the House.

And Maxwell, who arrived in Lusaka yesterday, said he would miss South Africas Lerato and Ghanas Kwaku in the Big Brother House.

Suli confirmed in an interview with The Post that she had dumped Maxwell.

Suli was earlier invited by Big Brother to attend Max’s eviction ceremony last Sunday but shunned the event and was conspicuously absent from at the airport yesterday.

'I don’t want anything to do with Max because his relationship with Lerato has spoiled everything that was between us,' Suli said.

'I can confirm to you that I am Max’s exgirlfriend or fiancée and that whatever was between us is over and when I come to Lusaka I will find time to tell his mother who also I’m sure is disappointed with his behaviour.'

She said Max knew whatever he was doing while in the Big Brother house and wondered what explanation he could give her to justify his actions.

'He slept with Lerato (South African housemate) in his sober state and how do take that as a lady? Fine, when he first kissed her I did not get offended because I knew it was a game hopping things would not go the way things went but it will be foolish of him to justify why he embarrassed himself by sleeping with Lerato,' she said.

Suli disclosed that she was against Max’s idea of going into the Big Brother House because she was aware of the repercussions.

'When he told me that he was chosen to represent Zambia in the Big Brother House I was against that Idea. But because he loved the game, I had no option but to support him. But this is what I get in return,' Suli said.

'Let me tell you this, if Max loved me he was not going to sleep with that girl. He never mentioned my name in the house, he completely forgot about me and then what will people think of me? Fine, it was a game but there are other people’s feelings involved.

'There is no turning point for me because I have gone through a lot while he was sleeping around in that house. It’s time for me to move on. As you know I am doing a degree programme so I want to concentrate on my studies. The four years we have been together is enough.

'I will not be there at the airport not even at his party because I have told you that I don’t want anything to do with Max because it is over between the two of us,' Suli said.

And speaking to an Mnet television crew shortly after arriving aboard a South African airline, Maxwell said he was glad to be back home.

'It feels great to be home and see my people, I can’t remember the last time I saw a car. I can’t remember the last time I saw 50 people and I lost track of date and time,' said Maxwell.

However, no fans were at the airport to welcome Maxwell.

Only his sisters and brother were on hand to welcome him at the airport.
Max, who looked excited, when asked what he would miss most from the BBA house, Maxwell said, 'I Miss Baby! I miss Lerato and I miss Kwaku,' he said.

Maxwell expressed hope that Lerato would be the last to leave the house.
'It’s tricky now, because after I left the house, the house mates were in two camps so if Lerato doesn’t make it, I see Maureen winning,' Maxwell said.

He also said he wanted to join an NGO that supported the fight against HIV/AIDS.
'I want to join an NGO and spend time in fighting AIDS, sexual abuse at places of work and child labour,' he said.

Maxwell was evicted last Sunday after 12 countries voted against him.

Eight housemates from Zimbabwe, Ghana, Nigeria, Angola, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and South Africa remain in the house. the show ends on November 11.

Maxwell is the fourth housemate to be evicted after Botswana’s Justice, Kenya’s Jeff and Namibia’s Meryl.

**************************************************************************************
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 19, 2007
hey this reference to 'witchiness' is going to far

and KWAKU is showing himself as a CHILD for alluding to that

One of these three need to go, they seem to thrive on running others down so that the public will have something other than them to think about.

All their conniving at their so called competitors has to be nipped in the bud quickly

abeg lerato, bertha and kwaku are too desperate they have forgotten how to have fun

whilst kwaku is a CHILD he reminds me of how young girls can be in school, plain nasty
bertha on the other hand seems to want to side with whichever group she thinks is winning.

lerato thinks she always right like her opinions are final and nothing else can be true
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by kazim: 12:40pm On Sep 19, 2007
o yea is that a real business?  smiley
please o if the business surely click out i also have interest on it oooooo
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by jjuummaaii(f): 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2007
I have never seen such hatred,malice,bitterness,wickedness,and everything evil in my whole life. Lerato is just simply full of hatred for our homegirl and its gettin sickening. Whenever trhey are 3gether, all they talk about is Ofune,kweku even called her bingo today and lerato said she is much worse
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by yvy1(f): 9:46pm On Sep 19, 2007
Lawyer Chap thanks alot for the daily summary cos though the station is pernamently on 37 I can't stand watching Richiana act out a Mills and Boon script. It's sickening.

Am I the only one that feels this way?
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by nazzyon(m): 10:16pm On Sep 19, 2007
Either Big Brother or Richard will be sued after the Show ends
Re: Big Brother Africa 2 (II)! by 9ja4eva: 11:34pm On Sep 19, 2007
Good for all to know that Maxs girlfriend left him

Na stupid Max be

Lerato n Kweku to go next

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (85) (Reply)

Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv / Jackie Chan Died Of Heart Attack @ Age 56 / Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Official Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.