Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:49 AM

4wheel's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 4wheel's Profile / 4wheel's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 11:30pm On Feb 07, 2008
Gudchoice:

@ Debenzd -

These companies are expected to float their Offers soon

NEM Insurance Plc
Crusader Insurance Plc
Unity Bank Plc
Union Homes (REIT)
Custodian & Allied Insurance Plc
Niger Insurance Plc
Linkage Assurance Plc
Standard Alliance Plc
Oasis insurance Plc
Staco insurance Plc

Thanks bros, may your clan live long in the land.
If I had had something like this before before Wema went gaga, I wouldn't have been dragged in this rude mud of TS. NEM, out of the door you go tomorrow morning, Wey my broker sef, !!!

God bless you plenti.
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 9:51pm On Feb 05, 2008
kc08:

I am thinking of jumping on the Afro oil plan is it landing on a local airport any time soon or it is on its way accross the atlantic

Nna, you fit join o. I did last week thursday and I have climbed 24% already. The global oil price surge might be causing the upward move, likewise its penny-stock status (at least for now before d moneybags hijack its price innocence),

Na dat climb be my solace for my Wema predicament now oh! grin
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2008
kc08:

I am thinking of jumping on the Afro oil plan is it landing on a local airport any time soon or it is on its way accross the atlantic

Nna, you fit join o. I did last week thursday and I have climbed 24% already. The global oil price surge might be causing the upward move, likewise its penny-stock status (at least for now before d moneybags hijack its price innocence).

Na dat climb be my solace for my Wema predicament now oh!
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 9:03pm On Feb 03, 2008
NBA:

I haven't received money back for Dangote Flour either. I sent an email to my broker on Friday to inquire. My assumption though is they are retuning them in batches so keep checking with your broker,

I also keep hearing First Bank has listed the shares for the last IPO. Has anyone actually had this credited in their CSCS accounts??

My money-back has been sent to my broker, Zenithsecurities, and my account has been credited.

First bank told me the certificates were being dispatched in batches, those with millions of shares are being done first before us, the lower units. No, I didn't hear of any CSCS direct crediting. Maybe some are being done that way, who knows.
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 10:02am On Feb 02, 2008
First Bank Signs MOU With Chinese Bank
Tribune

IN its bid to further strengthen its leadership position in the financial services sector of the economy, Nigeria's premier Bank, First Bank of Nigeria Plc, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with China Construction Bank (CCB).

According to the document signed by the management of the two banks, the two institutions would work together to further strengthen the business cooperation between both parties within the framework of each party's respective articles and memorandum of association and applicable laws and regulations.

The MoU covers areas such as Credit Lines, Trade Finance, Syndication and Project Finance, Consultancy Services, Sharing of Business Experience, Training and Foreign Exchange Transactions.
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 10:01am On Feb 02, 2008
First Bank Signs MOU With Chinese Bank
Tribune

IN its bid to further strengthen its leadership position in the financial services sector of the economy, Nigeria's premier Bank, First Bank of Nigeria Plc, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with China Construction Bank (CCB).

According to the document signed by the management of the two banks, the two institutions would work together to further strengthen the business cooperation between both parties within the framework of each party's respective articles and memorandum of association and applicable laws and regulations.

The MoU covers areas such as Credit Lines, Trade Finance, Syndication and Project Finance, Consultancy Services, Sharing of Business Experience, Training and Foreign Exchange Transactions.
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2008
Insurance stocks TS

Hi all,
Pls what do you think of NEM, Guinea Ins and UNIC in terms of TS? Is any of them inclusive on the TS list soon? Abeg I no wan receive anoda Wema treatment o! Thanks.
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 11:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
FatherOF2:

Hmmmm, i can see the new unit of measure now is Kg (weight),

So how many units = 1kg.

I laff die!!!

@FatherOF2
Ya last post is number 419!!!
I go die with lafta o!!!!
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 11:28pm On Jan 23, 2008
windywendy:

LOL!!! grin grin grin

Una no go kill person for here with lafta!!!
Anyway, is good if it just to cool down my Wema tension! 70kg to tie down!
To add salt upon injury, my zenith security site no open,
I have to offload some stuff be4 WEMA cane land on me again, with more wounds to lick,
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 11:24pm On Jan 23, 2008
windywendy:

LOL!!! grin grin grin

Una no go kill person for here with lafta!!!
Anyway, is good if it just to cool down my Wema tension! 70kg to tie down!
To add salt upon injury, my zenith security site no open. I have to offload some stuff be4 Wema cane land on me again, with more wounds to lick
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 7:52pm On Jan 22, 2008
WAPIC

N'landers,
What's happening to WAPIC lately, could it be refuelling mid-air or what? It got to N11 last week and since then it has been wobbling.
I heard there is an offer coming up sometime, is it true? Anyone with info in the house? I want reliable before I offload as I have done about 35% on it already.
Thanks.
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 6:52pm On Jan 19, 2008
Nigerian Securities Technical Analyst Deluxe Has Just Been Released, Featuring Over THIRTY Technical Indicators FREE

http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/nstadlx.php
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2008
Abeg una gurus again,

I have N550k to buy stuff and am considering a choice between Dunlop and First Bank. Which one would be advisable to gun for? I heard the rumour of big surprise from First Bank and surprise jolt from Dunlop, and I get confused.

What are your views and reasons? I beg na o.
Thanks plenti.
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2008
Abeg gurus,

I have N550k to buy stuff and am considering a choice between Dunlop and First Bank. Which one would be advisable to gun for? I heard the rumour of big surprise from First Bank and surprise jolt from Dunlop, and I get confused.

What are your views and reasons?
Thanks plenti.
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 10:18am On Jan 17, 2008
ty_ademolu:

@ all

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE DIRECT PHONE LINES OF ZENITH REGISTRARS OR AFRIBANK REGISTRARS.

I TRIED THE NUMBERS THEY POSTED ONLINE AND I CANNOT SEEM TO GET THROUGH.

Try 01-2781202, which is their securities dept, you will be linked to the registrars which is round the corner.
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 2:07pm On Jan 16, 2008
RoughCut:

I think it will be a bit difficult to shift that lot while on TS unless they release impressive Q3 results but they definitely wont do that while its on TS so i would wait for the results and better still lifting of TS.

Like you said you don't know what they are going to come up with. They have 10B shares outstanding already and they are shopping for N150B so if they do a reverse split of 2 for 1 that means they cancel half of their outstanding shares and to maintain the same share capital the price of the stock will have to be adjusted to double the price as it is nowdon't see WEMA selling for N30 though

These are conjectures and permutations as they have proved in the past they are master tacticians so i would wait

[list]
For Q3 Results
[/list]

And/Or

[list]
TS to be lifted
[/list]

If they do this at the same time even the better so hold fire for now!

Thanks man, I was at a crossroad at some point and wondered what was going to happen. The TS slapped me by surprised before I cld say jack, but then it was too late to shed.

Thanks again.
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 1:22pm On Jan 16, 2008
Hello gurus,

I have about 70k units of Wema and i have made some 34% on it. Should i sell now or wait for the so-called share reconstruction coming up?
I need ur advice, una biko!
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2008
blueband:

Insurance companies continue to ride high.Will they ever come down again?

Yeah,

NEM is now 4.06 from 3.87
Guines is now 3.81 from 3.68
Equity Ass. 3.21 from 3.06

Not with wapic plc though, it lost 30k, ouch!!! licking my wound

Nice one today.
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2008
hispy99:

i got today's price before i posted the link on that web page

Strange. I compared that page with yesterday's results and they were the same, that is, my stock portfolio. Cld it be my stock didn't move Tufiakwa!!!

Will try the nigeriansecurities.com site.

@MyPeace
Thanks so much.
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2008
hispy99:

Price is out, check this link

http://www.trw-stockbrokers.com/services.aspx

I could only see the yesterday results on the page you quoted. I guess those of today are still pending as earlier stated by guys.
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2008
NBA:

@bigjay01
Na wa for this UBA story O. The NRN reps have been quite good, they may have been put in a difficult situation making them interface with the Stockbroking when there is clearly no need for it. Doesn't excuse bad behavior though.

Anyway, you guys will like Vetiva compared to the stuff I have read here.

I find it strange all the experience guys have been having with UBA. Thank God I didn't settle for them mid last year when I was looking for a broker. What put me off then was their online absence and requirement to do one shareplus stuff where we both would go into stock partnership. I voted with my feet.

I settled for Zenith securities and since then, it has been heaven. Orders are executed same day (if available on the floor) and you have online access to your profile with gain/loss analysis and stuff. The next day, you see your updated orders waiting for you online. Their customer service is also very good.
Investment / Re: Stock Market Tips For Nigerians by 4wheel: 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2008
jungle700:

This is to all the guys in the house, keep up the good work.

Here is my question, I subscribed to the CSCS online service way back in October last year. Even though, i have all the necessary details to log in online now, my problem is that whenever i click on my portfolio section, it's always blank giving that I have stock positions registered to my CSCS account. Anyone in the same shoe as me, Please has anyone got any contact details for CSCS preferably e-mail addy.

Have you ever logged onto profile after getting the access, if yes, then you have to clean out your internet explorer cache against all forms of pestilent files. I had the same problem way back.

If not, send an email to the sender of the confirmation email you got, i.e. the email containing your password details.

I hope this helps.
Business / Re: Hot Stocks That Will Make You Rich In 2008 by 4wheel: 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2008
aylala2002:

hello my people, long time no hear!

For ma people dreaming of Oil stocks, they may take the risk, since high risk could fetch high return. Oando has alredy surpassed my forcast price, Afroil needs to release an interim result to convince me that they should be trading near the n10 mark Japaul Oil is a MUST BUY ALL for long - term investors since those of us who bought the hybrid offer will surely sell once they credit our CSCS which should take the theorectial ex-right price lowwer than what it is tarding at currently. Eterna Oil is a HOLD (speculative). the persistent surge in oil prices globally may be responsible for these price rally in the Oil sector, notting more.

For 2008 the Nigerian Equities Market Will Sustain Upward Trajectory: Owing to the current bullish sentiments prevailing on the NSE, we expect the market to maintain an upward trajectory in the coming 6 months, spurred on by strong corporate earnings. The Central Bank Governor recently stated his intentions to set limits on foreign equity holdings in Nigerian banks. It remains to be seen whether this development will temper interest in the banking sector going forward. For the 1st half of the year, we foresee a growth in excess of 25% for the Nigerian Equities Market owing to an anticipated growth in the GDP by 8%. Funds from banks’ excess shareholders’ funds, over N80 billion released insurance funds, N250 billion returned monies from FBN oversubscribed hybrid offer, pension funds and inflow of foreign hedge funds should drive market indices to new highs in 2008.

Please find attached my recommended stocks for the first - half year of 2008. By God's Grace, we shall all make clean sweatless money this year!

My caveat still stands. BUYERs BEWARE!!!

Thanks for your analyses, always insightful.
From your list os suggestions, I couldn't see wapic and equity assurance, the toasts of insurers in recent times. Do you think those are not good for the first part of this year?

Secondly, I recently bought nem and guinea assurance, both to the tune of about N1m, what do you think of these choices? What potential do they have in the next two three months? Thanks.

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.