Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,591 members, 7,905,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:23 AM

Islamism - The New Global Threat - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamism - The New Global Threat (12775 Views)

Did Pastor Kumuyi Cancel Aba Crusade Due To Nnamdi Kanu's Threat? / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Don't Blame The West, Poverty Or Israel For Rise In Islamism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 11:10pm On May 04, 2006
I can almost predict that this posting will be followed by insults, but hey! i stand by the first ammendment--freedom of speech.

Ajisafe, you're so rude, you don't have to curse out everyone that has an opinion--you have yours, i'm sure there are milder ways to get your opinion across. You don't have to be so virulent. You may curse me out, won't make any difference. You almost come across as a guy who has one of those thick bushy goaties and roam around in a jalabia, i'm almost scared you'll come and beat me up and burn down my crib, just from the way you write. Just pipe down a little and answer why islam is violent, instead of promoting the very behavior being questioned. I'm positive not all your muslim patriots will come out and curse out people, like you. And this is not the first thread where you'll be sooooo rude and violent. You might be older than me, but you're acting like a petulant child! grow up.

@Nwoke

Please try and put these kind of virulent languages in check. I know you're working very hard on this site, but please, call the Ajisafe's to order, before they burn down nairaland. Thank God it's just a site.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 1:04am On May 05, 2006
I can almost predict that this posting will be followed by insults, but hey! i stand by the first ammendment--freedom of speech.

Why are you so afraid that I may insult you? You've asked for it when you had the audacity to attack me, christian LovePeddler!

Ajisafe, you're so rude, you don't have to curse out everyone that has an opinion--you have yours, i'm sure there are milder ways to get your opinion across. You don't have to be so virulent. You may curse me out, won't make any difference.

I don't think you have any sense at all. Haven't I said it million times that you crusaders are the root cause of all these? Go over all of my postings: it's either a rebuttal or a corrective measure to some of you ignorants.

You almost come across as a guy who has one of those thick bushy goaties and roam around in a jalabia, i'm almost scared you'll come and beat me up and burn down my crib, just from the way you write.

There you go being stereotypical. As a matter of fact, (I know I'm not old enough to be your father) you'll love to have me for a brother or uncle or husband. I don't get physical with folks -- I use my pen to fight fools like you.

Just pipe down a little and answer why islam is violent, instead of promoting the very behavior being questioned. I'm positive not all your muslim patriots will come out and curse out people, like you. And this is not the first thread where you'll be sooooo rude and violent. You might be older than me, but you're acting like a petulant child! grow up.

Not when you hypocrites answer why christians can kill and maim Muslims so openly like this and still have the audacity to turn the table around by calling us violent and 'terrorists." If you don't know you fake christians are the most violent of animal species -- and you're the BIG TERRORISTS!
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 1:13am On May 05, 2006
I won't drag myself to your level. It's just unfortunate you had the opportunity to get behind a computer. You hate the West, yet enjoy their technology. if you're such a loyal person to your faith, you might as well go all out and not use either their computers or their pen.

I'm a Christian, and i'm no LovePeddler, you've never seen me performing anything lewd, and i'm sure even if i was a LovePeddler, my standards will still be too high to touch you with a long pole, or spit on you if you were a house on fire! dude, you're not the only one who can be insultive. I'll categorize you as you come across, and you come across as an extremist!

My taste in men is impeccable, so it'll be impossible to have you as a father, thank you Jesus, a brother, even a cousin, much more a husband, i'd rather die than have YOU touch me in any form or way!

Nwoke!!!
Told you not to merge Christians and muslims together o!!! you refused! angry
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 1:19am On May 05, 2006
My computer is paid for, OK! It's mine.

Who says I'll like to touch an ignoble prostitute like you? (Argggggh! I feel like puking) Eeeeewwwwww! My neighbor's dog will not even go near you!
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 1:22am On May 05, 2006
Like i said, you're a waste of God's valuable time, His good Soil, space, and air. It's no wonder you don't have a dog, it won't be able to stand you either! unless the poor thing's being terroised to stay by its master! i'm sure dogs can sense your evil aura from miles away. This'll be my last word to you.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 1:25am On May 05, 2006
Vile woman,
You're nothing but a hag!
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 1:26am On May 05, 2006
I'm sure you'll know who hags are, you're surrounded by them, and for all i know, probably related to some.
Vicious, virulent man.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Grizzly(m): 1:27am On May 05, 2006
Do i go anywhere on nairaland without coming across a fight? cool This one is worse, cuz its just the both of u, cool GOOD LUCK
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 1:32am On May 05, 2006
This'll be my last word to you.

Christian lying b****,
You're not a woman of substance. Liar like the founder of your disgraced faith, Paul.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Grizzly(m): 1:37am On May 05, 2006
OK, thats it. Ajisafe watch ur tongue there. u saying too much already? cool
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 1:40am On May 05, 2006
Who is this? And why are you addressing me like a child? The posting was not directed at you. So,
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Grizzly(m): 1:45am On May 05, 2006
Yeah right. sorry bout addressing u like a child. But thats ma faith u talking abat like that n u aint saying nice things. cool
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 1:51am On May 05, 2006
@Grizzly,
Please leave Ajisafe alone o! so that you don't go the route i went! for which i'm totally ashamed.

Thinking out loud "How could i have stooped to Ajisafe's level.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Grizzly(m): 1:55am On May 05, 2006
Yeah right dear, i think i got this one. cool
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 1:55am On May 05, 2006
See. That's what I have been talking about. Someone somewhere will get hurt from all these insults, back and forth.

Grizzly,
Maybe you should check the excesses of your fellow christians. Remember, without fire there is no smoke.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by debosky(m): 2:10am On May 05, 2006
I am about to step into a mine field, but i do so with caution
Islamism as its called by the west portends great risks for the world system as it exists, terrorists in the name of islam are trying to kill people daily, calling for the extermination of other nations etc. But i do not lump all muslims in the same category. There is truly a lot i find puzzling about the muslim religion, but i have learnt, not all its adherents are violent. I have lived in Zamfara State for a period of time, my mother's family is muslim. But there is no doubt, that some portions of islam promote violence against other religions, 'jihad' or holy wars are promoted, the promise of virgins in eternity for killing the 'infidels' cannot be denied.
This is not to say of course that 'Christians' have not engaged in similar if not worse actions, the crusades are an obvious example, even Bush's invasion and killig of innocent iraqi's and so on cannot be brushed aside. even the israelis have commited crimes against the palestinians, and still continue to do so.
My problem is that violence is condoned in islam against non adherents in some parts, while co-existence is preached in others. Which do we believe? Since the coming of Christ, what Christianity has been about is love. This is the greatest command given by our Lord Jesus. Yes it has been twisted, yes it has been perverted (some even used the bible to justify slavery), but nowhere will you be executed for being a muslim, nowhere is it a crime for being a muslim, unfortunately we cannot say the same of islam, it is illegal to be christian in afghanistan, and illegal to have church services in saudi arabia why? Ajisafe, try to convice us about the intrinsic good of islam, stop the insults islam means peace if i am correct, that is what you should be promoting, you are currently doing a very poor job at that.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Grizzly(m): 2:20am On May 05, 2006
Karma +25 Boi, nice speech. cool
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 2:26am On May 05, 2006
illegal to have church services in saudi arabia why?

Can I go build a mosque inside Vatican? Answer me.

You started nicely until you made it personal by mentioning my name. That has joined you together with those christian hypocrites.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 2:29am On May 05, 2006
Ajisafe, you worry o!!! aah! i believe God really took His time when He was creating you, cuz you're such a wonderful person, inspite of yourself.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by mochafella(m): 2:55am On May 05, 2006
Ajisafe:

illegal to have church services in saudi arabia why?

Can I go build a mosque inside Vatican? Answer me.
I don't particularly wish to join this debate but I may have the answer to that.

The Vatican has a resident population of about 900, mostly clergy, priests, nuns and the swiss guard. I don't beleive any of them is muslim. Hence the absence of a mosque. There is no need for one. There is no law however that says a mosque cannot be built. In the surrounding city, Rome, there is at least one mosque.

http://archnet.org/library/sites/one-site.tcl?site_id=1074
http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/197805/a.mosque.for.rome.htm
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 3:08am On May 05, 2006
I don't particularly wish to join this debate but I may have the answer to that.

The Vatican has a resident population of about 900, mostly clergy, priests, nuns and the swiss guard. I don't beleive any of them is muslim. Hence the absence of a mosque. There is no need for one. There is no law however that says a mosque cannot be built. In the surrounding city, Rome, there is at least one mosque.

http://archnet.org/library/sites/one-site.tcl?site_id=1074
http://www.saudiaramcoworld.com/issue/197805/a.mosque.for.rome.htm

Thank you, sir.

@ Dearzi,
Yes, sometimes I wonder myself. My mother said she knew I was special immediately she had me.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 3:21am On May 05, 2006
I salute her o! i believe she sees a sweeter, softer side of you, the side i hope, oneday, we'll see in Nairaland. You're indeed very special--fearfully and wonderfully made.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 3:36am On May 05, 2006
Very sweet, indeed. My only problem is there are a lot of injustices, in this world, being meted out to the Muslims. If christians and jews are glaringly culpable, it's the Muslims that will be blamed. Even on nairaland -- when it's os obvious that people tend to insult islam, Muslims, and our Prophet, I find myself alone defending the Deen. Although, the christian assailants are numerous it's only when Ajisafe answers back that we'll start hearing people calling the Site Administrator to ban me from the site. Is that fair? That's typical of what is going on in the world today where some youths throw pebble-stones in the face of military artillery, still they are called "terrorists." Is that fair?
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by owo(m): 7:09am On May 06, 2006
@Ajisafe,

I address this to you because you are the only one that has said anything close to what may possibly be the basis of Islam trying to use violence to foist itself on many (check my last post)

Its unfortunate that you are 'alone', its the reward for choosing to follow what most modern societies consider to be a violent religion. Moreso, you are using words to defend or describe physically violent actions. Further, the presence of live news coverage means that the previously hidden acts done in all 'muslim' lands are being broadcast live throughout all the world, therefore it cannot be denied. Candidly, pictures (acts committed) speak louder that words (your tool).

This thread, I believe ,was aimed at finding out, maybe intellectually, why Islam is threatening many people. That pre-supposes that it has been identified by the generality as a threat (violent one at that). However your defense of trying to debunk that pre-supposition is like going against the ocean current and its obviously yielding the result of aggravating or deepening the fact of violence as the modus operandi of Islam.

Now that you have wearied yourself in punching the air, please settle down and give your candid view on why the religion that you subscribe is using violence as its main mode of 'operation'.

Thank you.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 9:41am On May 06, 2006
Its unfortunate that you are 'alone', its the reward for choosing to follow what most modern societies consider to be a violent religion.

I hope 'Seun can talk to himself and resist all you cowardly christians that shrink over me -- the Lone Ranger -- so, when next time you go through the back door, e-mailing him and stuff, to complain about me being a thorn in your a**, he'll be able to judge right. Don't use my word and turn it upside down. When I said that I found myself alone defending my Deen, I wasn't lamenting at all; I was actually showing you all how shameless you are. A couple of "Muslim hypocrites" had tried in futility, in the past, to placate you kufars by trying to chastise me before I shut them down. So, I'm not at all surprised that other Muslims are scared to tackle you. Even when they can all see how rude and incorrigible you crusaders are they are so timid to counter you lest you tag them "terrorists." But as for me, I am a fighter -- not a quitter. That is just my personality. This nairaland is full of kufars (males and females) who are militant and highly animated even though they are in error manifest.

@ OWO,
I'm very sorry for your soul. Yours is a condemned faith. You worship your fellow human being (a European demigod!). And you have allowed the pomps of this world to take the best of your sense. Which "modern societies"? Some blacks are inherently slaves. And they'll never be free. Whatever the whiteman says is what they accept and proclaim. Whiteman says and cries: "TERRORISM." These modern day slaves have added same to their dictionary of shame. It's a pity! Your religion is the wrong one. I'm right for worshipping Allah -- the CREATOR of the heavens and earth. You're wrong for bowing down to a creature of Allah.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by syrup(f): 12:08pm On May 06, 2006
It's not new. Anyone seeking to give the impression that they practise a godly faith can prove it many times by their words and attitude to others. Every religion and philosophy have had ugly sides to them. It's up to the individual to show others what his/her faith is like - in word, attitude and deed.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 06, 2006
@ LONE RANGER grin

i believe this post was meant to be talking about Islam as a global threat . You should try giving reasons why islam is not a treat instead of trying to condemn other pples religion. ur religion is being condemned, you are not supposed to fight back by condemnig other religions but giving reasons to prove ur religion is not supposed to be viewed that way. U can try by listing the good things in Islam, abnd see if pple will change tehir view points. all these while , u've been blabbing. Also, pour toi information, christians dont worship Allah's creature, we worship god. (dont try proving how we worship Allah's creature, just prove ur religion is not bad, because if i leave u now, u'll start listing all the jargons about how christians worship what ever, u guys all made up)
let the list on good Islamism begin:
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by 4Play(m): 12:46pm On May 06, 2006
@Ajisafe
I am starting to think that Ajisafe is some kind of satirist, out to make mockery of Moslems by pretending to be
a Moslem.His imbecillic rants vindicate the worst caricatures of Moslems as fanatical zealots incapable of reasoned discourse.Most Moslems are not like that, but Ajisafe gives the impression that he is a Zionist hack out to make a mockery of Islam.
Either that or he is intellectually challenged, in which case reasoned discourse is beyond his mental powers .
The question of Islam as a global threat is a pertinent question which deserves proper scrutiny.In my opinon,Islam itself is not a global threat,rather it is  the penchant for people like Bin Laden and Zarqawi to hijack the name of Islam to perpetrate acts of terror that is threatening.`There is a tendency to present political causes,which have nothing to do with Islam,as Islamic causes.For instance every Sunni Arab cause in Palestine,Iraq or Sudan is passed off as Islamic causes.Whereas atrocitiesagainst Moslems in Chechnya,China or Darfur is met with silence by most moslems.This is partly due to the pervasive influence of Arab oil money on the moslem world .
Islam would be best served by distinguishing between political issues and genuine Islamic issues.This will end the hijacking of Islam for political purposes
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by jagunlabi(m): 12:57pm On May 06, 2006
@ajisafe
Eem,ajifather,you call some folks here slaves of the whiteman just because they follow his religion,but you then follow that up by proudly declaring yourself as a SLAVE of the ARABS by declaring yourself as a worshipper of an arabian god.
So,what is the difference between a western whiteman's slave and a slave of the arabs?I personally don't see any,except,ofcourse,you are an arab.
I'm very sorry for your soul. Yours is a condemned faith. You worship your fellow human being (a European demigod!). And you have allowed the pomps of this world to take the best of your sense. Which "modern societies"? Some blacks are inherently slaves. And they'll never be free. Whatever the whiteman says is what they accept and proclaim. Whiteman says and cries: "TERRORISM." These modern day slaves have added same to their dictionary of shame. It's a pity! Your religion is the wrong one. I'm right for worshipping Allah -- the CREATOR of the heavens and earth. You're wrong for bowing down to a creature of Allah.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 4:48pm On May 06, 2006
@ Jagunlabi,
What's up, man? I've always liked to dialogue with you because you're sensible unlike some "senseless crusaders" that I encounter on this forum. In Islam, we don't form any images of Allah -- nobody knows how Allah looks like. That's why Muslims have been warned against conjectures. Before the Catholic Church commissioned Michelangelo di Lodovico di Leonardo di Buonarroti Simone, in the 15th Century, there was no (known) images of "Jesus." You know the Yorubas say "ti a ba fun were l'oko odo ara re l'o maa r'oko si," if a madman (an insane man) is given a hoe to weed he'll definitely pull it toward himself. Being a Caucasian and, having been commissioned by fellow Caucasians, in what image did you think Michelangelo would have painted the "imaginary Jesus"? Millions of christians worldwide (especially the Nigerian ones who are readily happy to give in to anything "white"wink are wrong today because of their belief in those misleading portraits. Prophet Issa/Yisa was not a whiteman -- why can't you all see how wrong you are? Some of you have contended severally that "he was a Jew," thinking along those people you now see in the so-called Middle East (which is part of Africa, anyway). Those "jews" you see over there today are European Jews. They were not from the original Jewish people you see in your bible. Please, prove me wrong. As for me being "a SLAVE of the ARABS," you were wrong, bro. You, as a Yoruba, should know better; Yoruba people were actually from the Arabian peninsular. Mind you, this assertion has no religious connotation to it at all (ever before the advent of judaism, christianity and, of course, Islam). In fact, that was when the whole of Arabia was immersed in idolatry. Our forefather, Lamurudu, Nimrod, was their Chief Priest . I am not an Arab slave -- I'm a submissive slave of Allah (SWT) and I'm proud of it. Thank you, sir.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by nubian(m): 11:05pm On May 06, 2006
Just look at Ajisafe - the guy represents all i am uncomfortable with about Islam - violent, intolerant and unreasonable .
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 11:32pm On May 06, 2006
Just look at Ajisafe - the guy represents all i am uncomfortable with about Islam - violent, intolerant and unreasonable .

First of all, I don't give a damn if you're uncomfortable with Islam. It's not for you. You're an idolator (worshipper of a European demigod) and a polytheist (believer of the ridiculous "trinity"wink. You were the initiator of this damnable thread, so "oro ko dun l'enu iya ole," the thief's mother ought to keep quiet!

And why am I unreasonable? That your white "Jesus" is not imaginary? He was neither the son of God, nor is he the almighty Himself? Or, that those "Jews" in the so-called "Middle East" are not the European Jews? Or, are you denying the fact that Prophet Issa/Yisa, son of Mary, was not a whiteman? Abi, you want to argue with me that it was Michelangelo that gave you those misleading images of your "imaginary Jesus"? I know your slave mentality will force you to contend that the so-called "Middle East" is part of Africa. I dared you to prove me wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It Bad To Drop An Empty Offering Envelope In Church? / Adultery And Fornication(consequences And The Way Out) / Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.