Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,716 members, 7,951,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 07:49 AM

Islamism - The New Global Threat - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamism - The New Global Threat (12830 Views)

Did Pastor Kumuyi Cancel Aba Crusade Due To Nnamdi Kanu's Threat? / Is It Sinful To Deny Christ Under Threat Of Death? / Don't Blame The West, Poverty Or Israel For Rise In Islamism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 10:53pm On May 08, 2006
Ajisafe
You know we're friends, and i'm LOVING your new transformation, into who you should be, TayoD is my friend, and you're my friend, i don't want you attacking him again, or anybody else.lol, i would be docking you points if you go after anyone again--is that clear tongue. I know inside you you have a sweet side, i don't know why i believe this, but i do. So, be good from here on.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Logical(m): 10:56pm On May 08, 2006
syrup:

You should understand that the mind-set of most people in the middle-East is that anything Western is necessarily "Christian".

Someone finally saves the day. Thats exactly what I wanted to hear. The Middle-Easterns, who unfortunately happen to be muslims in majority. smiley Thank you. That wasnt hard to achive was it wink Although we need to cut that down again. A bit stereotypical too. Maybe Extremist Middle-Easterns would be perfect tongue
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 11:25pm On May 08, 2006
@ Dearzi,
Even the video you watched was produced by the christian West (100% white) with a hidden agenda. They are particularly interested in maintaining their "superiority" (in their dreams). In that video, was "Jesus" depicted as a white dude or as a black dude? Please, don't repeat that lame excuse of "it doesn't matter what color the Lord is": It's an eye sore. If Jesus was supposed to have come from that part of Africa, what business do the Caucasians have painting him white? But you and other Black christians continue to give excuse that it doesn't matter what color he is. Haba! Let change all the paintings, movies, and whatnots that have Jesus white to Black and see how the white people will run away from christianity in a bit. I'm sure some Blacks will even join them. I know what i'm talking about. Do you remember when they were trying to enthrone the new Pope, and everybody thought Cardinal Azinge -- that Ibo guy -- (is that his name?) would be chosen? I met many Blacks who were so unhappy, saying things like: "that's impossible, how can a pope be black"? And you don't need to be friends with people who have no intelligence at all. You need to ally yourself with intelligetsia, christian or otherwise. If you still want to be my friend, same here. We can even discuss intelligent religious issues beyond this forum. But don't force me to respect those who are openly blasphemous and have become reprobrates until the Day of Judgment. Thanks.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 11:32pm On May 08, 2006
Ajisafe
Actually, i think that dude's name is "Arinze." I'd have loved him to be pope, not like i bother with papalcy (if that's how it's spelt) issues. But, personally, i won't have mind a black pope--a Nigerian for that matter.

You know, i've seen images of black Jesus', and no shaking as far as i'm concerned. The same passionate way you feel about certain things in Islam's how some Christians feel about certain issues. So if there're those who say the color of Jesus' skin doesn't matter to them, i'd believe it, cuz they've gone beyond skin color in their relationship with Him.

I'd make friends with everyone, well not really, but people that have something to offer. If i befriend a person i do so because i believe they have some level of intellect. Might not be as high as you want it to be--remember all fingers are not equal. Plus we need a little spice--too many intelligent people can be quite annoying sometimes, everyone trying to shove their ideas down their throat. So, a variety of friends wouldn't do me harm. Whatever you say, we're still friends.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 11:51pm On May 08, 2006
@ Dearzi,
Thanks for the Ibo dude's correct spelling. But, alas! You continue to make excuses for the Caucasians evil intentions. I'm yet to meet a white person that'll say it won't matter to him if Jesus is painted black. Why do we Blacks have an innate slave mentality? Huh? You all see clearly how wrong you're, yet continue in error manifest. Mind you, the argument here actually surpasses whether christianity is wrong or right -- it's only calling you black christians to open your eyes and see the truth. The Old Testament was written by some Jewish "intellects" in Hebrew. Paul wrote the New Testament, at least 75% of it (and nothing but letters[epistles]) in Greek. The early christians merged both books into what is known as bible today. The Romans stole a copy and took it to their country. The eccentric and homosexual King James of England sent for a copy; commisioned some writers to translate it and added his own corrupt thoughts -- that later became the celebrated King James's Version that you all thump gladly today. I just want the so-called Black christians to see the picture. That's it.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by syrup(f): 11:56pm On May 08, 2006
Pardon me if I may ask - would it matter to you if Mohammed was white/caucasian?
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by TayoD(m): 12:00am On May 09, 2006
While you continue to bother yourselves about what essentially should be a Christian's problem, maybe you should focus those parochial racial thoughts to Islam?
Why does Islam require you all to visit Mecca at least once in your life time?  Why must you face mecca?  Why must the Arabic way of life have to be imposed on all peoples who you have as adherents?  Why is the Quaran written in Arabic?  Why are you all asked to learn arabic?  
The racial superiority complex to me comes somewhere from the sands of Arabia.  Let's take it home to Naija.  Hausa and Fulani moslems who are more closely related to the Arabs look on the southern and western Naija moslems as less Islamic.
'Remove the log in your eyes before you can see clearly to remove the speck in others.'
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 12:04am On May 09, 2006
Ok, Ajisafe, we will never find an end to this matter! gosh arguing makes me hungry!  grin I didn't think i was making any excuse for any caucasians. It's so ironic you think so, cuz in my community i'm accused of being racist! i don't think i am though!
Well, my eyes are wide open. For those whose eyes are closed, God will open it for them in His own sweet time, so don't worry about them. Just focus on making sure you're right, and we're all wrong.
So, tell me what other things you've written. You didn't tell me if you have a flare for the arts or not. I told you i do, i love to write, when i do my homework smiley, and i'm passionate about music, not like i can write that either. Just answer me, are you artistic or not.

People o! no fighting here today o! i'm appointing myself peace maker and conductor for as long as i'm still online!! i'm going to fine y'all if you fight here! i'll write down your names and submit it to Nwoke! lol, not like he'll do anything about it anyway, lol
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 12:18am On May 09, 2006
@ Dearzi,
As you can see, I have chosen to ignore a handful of these miscreants. They can rant till Jesus comes.

Oh, yes, my dear. I'm artistic.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 12:21am On May 09, 2006
Go Ajisafe--it's your birthday wink. Don't call names now! shoo!! is that too hard? ok--you're getting there. lol.
So you know Jesus is coming back? wow! i'm happy for you. lol.

So, what are your artistic strengths? i know you write--for sure, what else?
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 12:31am On May 09, 2006
@ Dearzi,
LOL! Na wa for this your "headmistress" approach o. Whoa!

Oh, yes. The Muslims believe in the Coming of Jesus, but unlike the corrupt way in which the christians hold their beliefs. Please, continue to read your Qur'an with an open mind. Allah will surely give you guidance. Amin.

Anyway, I intend to let you know who I am, as we go along. I hope we get there.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 12:41am On May 09, 2006
Na so o! sometimes, i think i missed my calling-- I could've been a headmistress, but been fired the first week for being too strict.

Don't worry, as long as we're not warring, and you're not calling me names angry, lol, we will get there.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 12:47am On May 09, 2006
@ Dearzi,

My dear, from now on, you're far-removed from my wrath, as long as you don't allow those with evil intentions to come between us.

So, are you a teacher?
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 12:52am On May 09, 2006
@Ajisafe

Teacher ke? i'm a student o! and please spare the world of your wrath--people have enough personal demons, to add your wrath to it. Just be more gentle, that's all i ask. It makes reading more easy. Cuz i cringe every time i read swear words and stuff like that.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 12:57am On May 09, 2006
It makes reading more easy. Cuz i cringe every time i read swear words and stuff like that.

@ Dearzi,
What if you're the originator or a contributor, does it still make you "cringe"?
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 1:07am On May 09, 2006
Originator? not possible. I don't swear as a rule and out of discipline and habit. Contribute? at all. The most i've done is what happened between us, and i felt ashamed that i went there--it's not happened in a very very very, long time
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Ajisafe: 1:19am On May 09, 2006
@ Dearzi,
Wow! That makes you a person of an exemplary character. I admire you. I have got to go pray now. I'll try to talk to you more tomorrow, Allah willing. Thanks.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by dearzi(f): 1:21am On May 09, 2006
I don't know your time, but have a blessed night, and wonderful day ahead of you. Cheers
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by emmie4j(m): 1:29am On May 09, 2006
@Basharu!!!
First, when I said that mohamed slept with a nine year old, I wasnt accusing him, it is a fact written down in the quran itself. The dude was a pedophile, and I dont have any respect for a gay like that
peace out!
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Logical(m): 9:55am On May 09, 2006
emmie4j:

@Basharu!!!
First, when I said that mohamed slept with a nine year old, I wasnt accusing him, it is a fact written down in the quran itself. The dude was a pedophile, and I don't have any respect for a gay like that
peace out!

Written in the Quran? Are you sure? From what I know the life of the prophet is not written in the Quran, Can you please give refrences whenever you make such an "illiterate" statement?

Things you need to understand, which I guess maybe you are infering to his marriage to Aisha? Am I right?

Aisha might be nine, and we are also allowed to deduce that marriage might implied sex right away.

But let me ask you a simple question, was the practice of marrying girls at the age of 9, one thousand plus years ago acceptable?

I guess you learnt history in school, which implies you went to school at the first place, so I guess you would reason objectively in that regards. But if you didnt, then I rest my case, Ignorance is not an excuse. If you are, you need to refrain from arguing, dont you think wink

Most people one thousand years ago married at a very young age, even at birth in some cultures!! So what are you blabbering?
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by syrup(f): 10:16am On May 09, 2006
That people married at a very yound age does not make a practice right and acceptable especially when it has to do with faith.

I don't disparage Islam even though I'm not a Muslim. But I wonder how people will make assertions that have no foundations. Where is Prophet Mohammed's marriage to Aisha mentioned in the Qur'an?
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Logical(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2006
What is culture?

So if marrying at an early age, during the past is acceptable, why is it not now? Culture evolution of course smiley which brings about saying that, what is acceptable is culture, and thus I can reach a conclusion that the practice of that past can be said to be acceptable because it is the culture of the past?

Or am I missing something?
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by syrup(f): 10:27am On May 09, 2006
You missed it by miles. Islam is not a culture but a religious faith. So many things were acceptable in the past - did that make them acceptable today? Slavery. . . maltreatment of women. . . and servile subjugation to clan heads? There are even worse things accepted by cultures of the past - does it then become imperative that they are also accepted in the present?
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Logical(m): 10:33am On May 09, 2006
I am arguing with the basis of marrying at the age of 9? Islam does not promote marriage at 9, not written anywhere?

When I argue, I debate based on what the other co-debator lays down, and I make sure, his angle of reasoning comes into peace with the truth besides giving a perfect explanation to why it is so.

@syrup, you have a perfect point there, culture of the past might not be accepted today. Nevertheless I can still argue that the insinuation and accusation directed towards the prophet in question can be argued in favour,

By the way just for your own education, Islam is a complete way of life. It can be said to be culture too, besides religion. This is the reason why I encourage people to try to read beyound before trying to argue or accuse any religion in question.

Syrup I understand what you are saying smiley
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by syrup(f): 10:54am On May 09, 2006
Ok, point noted. I don't want to be tedious on this subject, so I'll leave it off here. Blessings. smiley
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by basharu(m): 1:50pm On May 09, 2006
emmie4j please try and bring that portion of the AL-QURAN that mentioned PROPHET MOHAMMAD (pbuh) sleeping with that nine years old girl you are talking about so that we can understand you better as islamic knowledge is like a sea,we can only know the little we can.Iam online waiting for your comment now pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by MrBean(m): 3:37pm On May 09, 2006
Why don't you just say it for what it is. Islam is not a religion of peace.  From the hausas in the north to the yoruba muslims in the south and the fundamentalist fanatics in the middle east. You find Almajiris in the north begging for money and once the imams give a go ahead they will start slaughtering the same people that gave them alms in the name of religion. The davinci code and another film that purports Jesus to be gay was released and we have christians condemning it without violence. Muhammed the terrorist was portrayed as he would have been if he were alive today in a cartoon, and all hell breaks loose. The slimy vermins and their hate-filled reliogion unleashed terror on the world. The hate was so intense that some of their own people were caught in the line of fire.

I have asked the so-called peaceful muslims if they support suicide bombing? They claim they DONT but understand why their brothers do it. If that is not passive / indirect support, i don't know what it is.

The Supposedly peaceful ones don't really practice the religion and are despised by their imams. You find mothers and fathers mudering their daughters in the name of "honour killing". You find women being stoned to death while the man that slept with them goes scot free. I need to stop now cause it irritates me recapping their terroristic ways.

Prophet Muhammad in his terroristic way mudered people for not accepting his ways. I dare submit he was a terrorist. To prove my point please note the response of the muslims to my post,

Here goes ,
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Logical(m): 3:41pm On May 09, 2006
Accusations without proven refrences, yet again, Anywayz I have realised that mrlawng is not here to have an intellectual debate, rather he is here to just share his sentiments and hatred towards Islam.

Quite interesting I must say, and it would be a total waste of time to reason with such an individual, hence I am not debating in regards. I only debate with intellectuals who would reason and lay down facts objectively with the spirit of fairness, good intention that they claim to promote smiley
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by MrBean(m): 3:52pm On May 09, 2006
@ logical

You are entitled to your own opinion.

You just got the point, you don't have to respond to me. Its a free world.

I am really not here for you either.

I am unapologetic about my stand.

You speak of intellectuals? Give me a break.

Peace
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by Logical(m): 3:54pm On May 09, 2006
Noted smiley
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by memyself2(f): 7:05am On May 10, 2006
Logical:

Accusations without proven refrences, yet again, Anywayz I have realised that mrlawng is not here to have an intellectual debate, rather he is here to just share his sentiments and hatred towards Islam.

Quite interesting I must say, and it would be a total waste of time to reason with such an individual, hence I am not debating in regards. I only debate with intellectuals who would reason and lay down facts objectively with the spirit of fairness, good intention that they claim to promote smiley

brovo! bravo! bravo!
i love pple like you, ui try to make ur point witout name callin or wat'er! u have my respect.
Re: Islamism - The New Global Threat by memyself2(f): 8:23am On May 10, 2006
mrlawng:

Why don't you just say it for what it is. Islam is not a religion of peace. The davinci code and another film that purports Jesus to be gay was released and we have christians condemning it without violence.
I have asked the so-called peaceful muslims if they support suicide bombing? They claim they DONT but understand why their brothers do it. If that is not passive / indirect support, i don't know what it is.

The Supposedly peaceful ones don't really practice the religion and are despised by their imams. You find mothers and fathers mudering their daughters in the name of "honour killing". You find women being stoned to death while the man that slept with them goes scot free. I need to stop now cause it irritates me recapping their terroristic ways.

. To prove my point please note the response of the muslims to my post,

Here goes ,

hi mrlawng, islam is really a religion of peace.
"From the hausas in the north to the yoruba muslims in the south and the fundamentalist fanatics in the middle east. You find Almajiris in the north begging for money and once the imams give a go ahead they will start slaughtering the same people that gave them alms in the name of religion"
this is really a mis-understanding of what is really written in the Quran, the word islam itself is gotten from the word "salaam" which means peace, when a muslim greets another muslim, we say salaam aleikum, which means "peace be upon you" so pls xplain to me, why i say sumfin and act otherwise xcept i mis-understand what it really means?
i'm not sayin that the prophet misunderstood the religion durin his tym but he and muslims were being persucuted during that period, so it was NECESSARY to fight back.

"While Islam permits fighting in cases of necessity or emergency, it has prescribed rules and standards that control it. No enemy should be killed unless he has participated in or helped with the fight. As for old people, women, children, patients, those taking care of the sick and the wounded and devoted worshippers, they must not be killed. The wounded should not be killed, the dead should not be mutilated, their animals should not be slaughtered, their houses should not be demolished, their waters and wells should not be contaminated, and those who flee from battle should not be chased, because all this is part of corruption. The Qur’an says
“And what is wrong with you that you fight not in the Cause of Allah, and for those weak, ill-treated and oppressed among men, women and children, whose cry is: “Our Lord! Rescue us from this town whose people are oppressors, and raise for us from You one who will protect, and raise for us from You one who will help.” (The Qur’an, An-Nisaa, 4:75)

“But if they seek your help in religion, it is your duty to help them except against a people with whom you have a treaty of mutual alliance.” (The Qur’an, Al-Anfal, 8:72)

If the enemy stop fighting and offer peace, war must be stopped, it is forbidden to carry on fighting against them:

“So if they withdraw from you and fight not against you and offer you peace, then Allah has opened no way for you against them.” (The Qur’an, An-Nisaa, 4:90)

"Muhammed the terrorist was portrayed as he would have been if he were alive today in a cartoon, and all hell breaks loose. The slimy vermins and their hate-filled reliogion unleashed terror on the world. The hate was so intense that some of their own people were caught in the line of fire, now why would you say that?

"Prophet Muhammad in his terroristic way mudered people for not accepting his ways. I dare submit he was a terrorist-could u plz prove it to me?
dont insult my prophet, i dont insult ur's. u guyz r really the reasons most muslims lose their cool sumtyms and do fins they know are not accepted, and sin! why do u guyz do this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Hear The Voice Of The Lord God Almighty / Zambian Pastor laments about Nigeria Gospel Junk exported all over Africa / Church Robbers Beg God For Forgiveness In Enugu

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.