Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,908 members, 7,872,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:53 AM

Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer (29883 Views)

Girls Don't Like Muscular Men Or Fit Men? / Ladies, Are You Attracted To Muscular Men? / Ladies Are You Attracted To Muscular Men Or Skinny Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by r231(m): 3:04pm On Jan 20, 2010
kool grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Abekeade08(f): 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2010
I am a workout- aholic. I  was an aerobics trainer in college and I still wake up 5 days a week at 5am to go to the gym before heading to work. I put a lot of dedication into my body and staying healthy. With all this said, my man MUST workout and have some kind of muscle definition, lets say Brad Pitt in fight club is just about right for me. wink
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by r231(m): 3:21pm On Jan 20, 2010
Abekeade08:

I am a workout- aholic. I was an aerobics trainer in college and I still wake up 5 days a week at 5am to go to the gym before heading to work. I put a lot of dedication into my body and staying healthy. With all this said, my man MUST workout and have some kind of muscle definition, lets say Brad Pitt is fight club is just about right for me. wink

DAMMMMM
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jan 20, 2010
Abekeade08:

I am a workout- aholic. I  was an aerobics trainer in college and I still wake up 5 days a week at 5am to go to the gym before heading to work. I put a lot of dedication into my body and staying healthy. With all this said, my man MUST workout and have some kind of muscle definition, lets say Brad Pitt in fight club is just about right for me. wink
You go girl, been a fitness addict for about 6yrs now and exercise for at least 3-4x a week if not that week will be terrible for me. Im more of a circuit training girl and the benefits to the body is incredible. I agree if we ladies keep trim, our men should too, we dont want a man who waddles about with his semi-pot belly and zero muscle definition tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Abekeade08(f): 6:57pm On Jan 20, 2010
You go girl, been a fitness addict for about 6yrs now and exercise for at least 3-4x a week if not that week will be terrible for me. Im more of a circuit training girl and the benefits to the body is incredible. I agree if we ladies keep trim, our men should too, we dont want a man who waddles about with his semi-pot belly and zero muscle definition     

@ Eboneyes, my sister I am really proud of you. A lot of Nigerian women don't know or care to know the benefits of working out and staying fit. I don't know your if you have children yet, but working out prior to having a baby helps your body bounce back much faster, so keep it up. I am not married and no kids yet, but I intend to keep fit all my life.

I still do light circuit training, but I love Aerobics, specifically Taebo, It keeps me lean, tight and toned. I am so addicted to working out, that if I miss working out prior to my work day, I get all lethargic and tired. On Saturdays, I dance to coupe decale at home, another form of  dance exercise. Google coupe decale on youtube, it's sexy and fun and if you dance it front of your man, he will lose his mind, lol.

With all this said, a man that does not workout or stay active with sports gets ZERO CHANCE WITH ME. Shikena
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 20, 2010
Abekeade08:

@ Eboneyes, my sister I am really proud of you. A lot of Nigerian women don't know or care to know the benefits of working out and staying fit. I don't know your if you have children yet, but working out prior to having a baby helps your body bounce back much faster, so keep it up. I am not married and no kids yet, but I intend to keep fit all my life.

I still do light circuit training, but I love Aerobics, specifically Taebo, It keeps me lean, tight and toned. I am so addicted to working out, that if I miss working out prior to my work day, I get all lethargic and tired. On Saturdays, I dance to coupe decale at home, another form of  dance exercise. Google coupe decale on youtube, it's sexy and fun and if you dance it front of your man, he will lose his mind, lol.

With all this said, a man that does not workout or stay active with sports gets ZERO CHANCE WITH ME. Shikena
Finally someone on the same fitness page with me, some Nigerians (guys and ladies) think im a freak for working out so hard but they will be coming to me for advice when it goes down south in 10-15yrs time. No Kids yet but I hope to keep a trim body for life smiley I recently just got into kettlebells (only a matter of time grin) so got a couple of kettlebells and DVDs and Im seeing ab definition, no joke. Also working out releases happy hormones too what more can we ask for eh? grin
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2010
Oh the coupe decale looks fun grin grin
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Abekeade08(f): 7:13pm On Jan 20, 2010
Also working out releases happy hormones too what more can we ask for eh?

Isn't that the truth. Feel free to ask me any questions  pertaining to fitness anytime and i'll ask you questions too, hmm I am running to go google kettlebells as i type this.

Oh the coupe decale looks fun

Coupe decale is fun, upbeat, sexy and it works your abs, obliques and legs like crazy, google JB Mpiana kipe ya yo. He is my fav Ivorian musician.
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 20, 2010
Abekeade08:

Isn't that the truth. Feel free to ask me any questions pertaining to fitness anytime and i'll ask you questions too, hmm I am running to go google kettlebells as i type this.
Yeh!!! A fitness buddy at last grin. My dear I got bored with the whole cardio/aerobics routine so I started looking for other things and thats how I found kettlebells grin. They are great, its cardio, conditioning and strength training all in one all under 45mins, aint that a blessing?
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Abekeade08(f): 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2010
Yeh!!! A fitness buddy at last . My dear I got bored with the whole cardio/aerobics routine so I started looking for other things and thats how I found kettlebells . They are great, its cardio, conditioning and strength training all in one all under 45mins, aint that a blessing?

Yes abi ooh. Wish I had a fitness buddy, I can work out with though. However, no one i know personally ever wants to wake up that early to go to the gym sad. Do the kettlebells feel as heavy as they look? Are you not afraid of bulking up your muscles? or do the amount of reps you do keep your muscles lean?

Look into Teabo exercises too, they are fun and keep you fit. I introduced my brother to it and he lost 30lbs prior to getting married, since then he has kept up with it.
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by DrLorenz1(m): 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2010
@eboneyeyes
That's wat all women want shey? grin
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2010
Abekeade08:

Yes abi ooh. Wish I had a fitness buddy, I can work out with though. However, no one i know personally ever wants to wake up that early to go to the gym sad. Do the kettlebells feel as heavy as they look? Are you not afraid of bulking up your muscles? or do the amount of reps you do keep your muscles lean?

Look into Teabo exercises too, they are fun and keep you fit. I introduced my brother to it and he lost 30lbs prior to getting married, since then he has kept up with it.
I wish I gad a fitness buddy but no one seems to be interested as I am so I just have to motivate myself. Thats a well known myth hun, we females dont have enough testosterone for bulking up. I got the 8kg and 12kg ones and you swing it about not lift it so your whole body is doing the work. I can tell you that I dont look like Arnold Swats-whats-his name grin grin. Those women who body-build usually are on steroids and heavy protein diets. I have been hearing about Taebo but never tried it grin Did you get the DVDs? Im always open to things that will keep my routines fresh smiley

Dr. Lorenz:

@eboneyeyes
That's wat all women want shey?  grin

Not all, im sure there is a market for everyone but since I put in the effort, time and sweat, I hope he does too grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Abekeade08(f): 7:41pm On Jan 20, 2010
Thats a well known myth hun, we females dont have enough testosterone for bulking up. I got the 8kg and 12kg ones and you swing it about not lift it so your whole body is doing the work. I can tell you that I dont look like Arnold Swats-whats-his name  . Those women who body-build usually are on steroids and heavy protein diets. I have been hearing about Taebo but never tried it  Did you get the DVDs? Im always open to things that will keep my routines fresh

oh i am very sure you don't look like Arnold dear. I am just always scared of using anything above 5lbs dumbells because i am scared to bulk up. I keep my arms toned through teabo aerobics which features muscle training with bands. Oh Eboneyes, you have to try Teabo, it will kick your backside for real. It is a very hard work out, but it pays off, you will see  significant changes in your body within 2 weeks max.
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Uche2nna(m): 7:43pm On Jan 20, 2010
@ Abekeade

HOLY MOSES!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 20, 2010
Abekeade08:

oh i am very sure you don't look like Arnold dear. I am just always scared of using anything above 5lbs dumbells because i am scared to bulk up. I keep my arms toned through teabo aerobics which features muscle training with bands. Oh Eboneyes, you have to try Teabo, it will kick your backside for real. It is a very hard work out, but it pays off, you will see  significant changes in your body within 2 weeks max.
Girl drop those pink baby weights grin grin There is no way you will bulk up. I have been using weights for about 5years now and I dont look like a Man grin grin. Anyhoo if it aint broke dont fix it eh?. Which Taebo DVDs do you recommend?

This lady trains with 12-20kg kettlebells and she isnt bulky, check out her abs, and she doesnt do crunches just plain ol' kettlebells. She also has 2 kids and thats her body after 2 kids.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_yCy8mDN5GL0/RwKJOWIJ7AI/AAAAAAAAABk/dFzCKu8iFf4/s320/pilates.jpg[/img]

Another kettlebell Mama, with no bulk in sight smiley

Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Abekeade08(f): 8:10pm On Jan 20, 2010
Well Dizaayum, she sure looks good. There are so many Teabo DVD's now, but i recommend Billy's bootcamp.

http://www.billyblanksdvds.com/

We don turn the whole thread to fitness thread lol, its good sef, maybe some naija folks can learn a thing or two from our dicusssions.

Hmm I have to really research Kettle bells now, are there any Kettle bells Dvd's you can recommend? Do the bells come with the DVd's?
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 20, 2010
Yes sef, make them learn. The thing is they are quite an investment. You have to buy the kettlebells and they are quite pricey but think of it as a years gym membership wink. I recomend Lauren Brooks DVDS http://www.ontheedgefitnessstore.com/products/index.html. I have  The Ultimate Body Sculpt PACKAGE (Volume 1 & 2)  and girl its a workout.

Which DVDS do you have? grin Do you have to use any equipment?
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Abekeade08(f): 8:46pm On Jan 20, 2010
Yes sef, make them learn. The thing is they are quite an investment. You have to buy the kettlebells and they are quite pricey but think of it as a years gym membership . I recomend Lauren Brooks DVDS http://www.ontheedgefitnessstore.com/products/index.html. I have The Ultimate Body Sculpt PACKAGE (Volume 1 & 2) and girl its a workout.

Which DVDS do you have? Do you have to use any equipment

I have Billy bootcamp and some of billy's Ab training exercises videos. They only DVD's I have come with Billy bands. I don't use the DVD's anymore as I used to teach Teabo aerobics, I have mastered a lot of the steps and I have created some of my own routines. I just put on some fast soca/trini music and start kicking and punching until i am drenched in sweat.

I like learning about new techniques to incorporate into my workout routine, so i'll definitely look into kettle bells.
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 20, 2010
Thanks babes, when Im financially buoyant I will look into buying some of the DVDs. grin There is also kettlenetics http://www.gaiam.com/product/fitness-center/strength-cardio/kits-equipment/slim+-+tone+kettlenetics--8482-+set.do, the kettlebells are lighter and the workout is down your alley i.e aerobics smiley

Youtube clip of it-->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcWHbqZYEOg
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Abekeade08(f): 9:54pm On Jan 20, 2010
Thanks babes, when Im financially buoyant I will look into buying some of the DVDs. There is also kettlenetics http://www.gaiam.com/product/fitness-center/strength-cardio/kits-equipment/slim+-+tone+kettlenetics--8482-+set.do, the kettlebells are lighter and the workout is down your alley i.e aerobics

Youtube clip of it-->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcWHbqZYEOg

Thanks girlfriend. Kettlenetics is right up my alley. The price aint bad either. I will buy it before the month runs out and give you my own reviews on it. Are you in the US? if so where ? I am in NYC, Oya let me go back to work oh.

@ Uche,

Wetin I do ooh, my broda?
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 21, 2010
Abekeade08:

Thanks girlfriend. Kettlenetics is right up my alley. The price aint bad either. I will buy it before the month runs out and give you my own reviews on it. Are you in the US? if so where ? I am in NYC, Oya let me go back to work oh.

@ Uche,

Wetin I do ooh, my broda?
No im in the UK grin Yes let me know how you get on. smiley
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by DrLorenz1(m): 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Not all, im sure there is a market for everyone but since I put in the effort, time and sweat, I hope he does too grin grin grin

Oh really now. I don't most of your fellow females would agree with that. There's always a standard criteria where the females are concerned you see. grin
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 21, 2010
Dr. Lorenz:

Oh really now. I don't most of your fellow females would agree with that. There's always a standard criteria where the females are concerned you see. grin
Uhmm I dont get you grin
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by jidobaba(m): 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2010
you dont?
you of all people
The Benjamins

Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by DrLorenz1(m): 12:38pm On Jan 21, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Uhmm I dont get you grin

Aww come on! U're too smart for that. At least jidobaba knows that too. U can't fool everyone with feminine wiles you know grin grin
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Lacuzy: 6:58pm On Jan 21, 2010
dnt like both muscular n skinny he should be normal. Also that a guy is muscular dsnt mean he is strong.
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by platinumnk(f): 7:20pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ Abekeade08 and Ebony- You guys rock! cheesy

Someone at my job was telling me about kettlenetics but I kinda steer away from strength training . . .
I bulk up too easily, lipsrsealed iget it from my daddy.

So I stick to Cardio with a lil punching and kicking, I use Power 90, The Euphoria Rush is addictive grin

Though I miss weight training though . . . its soo much more fun than cardio embarassed

@topic- me likey thick dudes! he can be muscular like american football players, or a lil chubby, but not pot belly and nooooo skinny men, Skinny men turn me off. tongue sorry.

[img]http://1.bp..com/_ompse9WB2z0/Rn1_HhNDZvI/AAAAAAAAAD0/bGV_WZw4Sms/s320/254675606_5b0551947a.jpg[/img]

I remember I went to this WaterPark and there was this spanish Guy swimming in the pool, he was a big man, slightly chubby, but he had loong wavy hair but he was ooooo soo sexy and dang it he was the hottest man I saw that day, my friend who is like a size 3 was sweating him hard also . . Dang . . . Mamacita anyday grin
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by koolchicco: 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2010
Wait a min, so does it mean Faty Faty Dudes like me don't stand any chance? angry embarassed
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by platinumnk(f): 7:35pm On Jan 21, 2010
koolchicco:

Wait a min, so does it mean Faty Faty Dudes like me don't stand any chance? angry embarassed

Slightly thick, not fat lipsrsealed u better start playing soccer to get rid of your tummy grin grin grin
how is a girl supposed to lay her head on your chest when your belly is in the way?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by koolchicco: 7:55pm On Jan 21, 2010
platinumnk:

Slightly thick, not fat  lipsrsealed  u better start playing soccer to get rid of your tummy grin  grin grin 
how is a girl supposed to lay her head on your chest when your belly is in the way??  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Well, in that case if you're not looking as tantalizing as these chikalas, then I don't need ya as well! grin grin grin grin

Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by Abekeade08(f): 10:43pm On Jan 21, 2010
@ Abekeade08  and Ebony-  You guys rock!

Someone at my job was telling me about kettlenetics but I kinda steer away from strength training . . .
I bulk up too easily,    iget it from my daddy.

So I stick to Cardio with a lil punching and kicking, I use Power 90, The Euphoria Rush is addictive 

Though I miss weight training though . .  . its soo much more fun than cardio 

Hello platinum, I saw a post about you being sick,  I hope you are feeling much better now.

As you probably learned from my back and forth with eboneyes, I am a teabo cardio queen, but Eboneyes has convinced me to try kettlenetics.  My fear is also bulking up from heavy lifting; i always  I feel like i will bulk up really fast, if i carry anything above 5lbs. Kettlenetics cardio seems like fun though, so i will definitely try it.

I have seen adverts on TV about power 90 though I never tried it. Have you ever tried Teabo?
Re: Ladies, Muscular Men Vs Skinny Men, Which One Do You Prefer by platinumnk(f): 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2010
Abekeade08:

Hello platinum, I saw a post about you being sick, I hope you are feeling much better now.

As you probably learned from my back and forth with eboneyes, I am a teabo cardio queen, but Eboneyes has convinced me to try kettlenetics. My fear is also bulking up from heavy lifting; i always I feel like i will bulk up really fast, if i carry anything above 5lbs. Kettlenetics cardio seems like fun though, so i will definitely try it.

I saw adverts on TV about power 90 though I never tried it. Have you ever tried Teabo?

I looked at teabo a while back but I never tried it, I didnt think I would have the stamina at the time, I get flustered looking at intense video tapes because I get mad if I dont do all the steps right  grin grin grin

Yea, my coworker even brought the kettleballs, but Im not really into accessories, though the stretchy band is a #1 needed accessory to a workout.

Do you use the stretchy band?

See my thing was, I loove heavy lifting, I would stay in the gym and do nothing but presses, I dont know y, the rush stays longer I guess grin

But the bulk is not cool tongue So its good to know your body and your genes. Some people are more apt to gaining muscle.

Actually I kinda got intrested in P90 because my sister ordered it and she barely used it,  So one day I was bored and did it and I loved it.  It simple and kinda repeptitive, and the steps are easy to learn.

Some people like their moves to be changing all the time, I dont.

And its like 30 mins or so, and by the time ure finished, your shirt is soaked.  grin A lot of people have good results from it.  smiley

oh yeah im much better thanks! kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

[KingZaddy] Advanced Relationship and Dating Drills / Report Card For "One Corner" Dance! Ghana Records 80% Increase In HIV In 2017 / Don't Accuse A Lady Of Cheating If You Won't Marry Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.